jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 11TH DAY #57 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering how much of what he's doing is on behalf of TA's family, sitting in that courtroom listening to her spin webs of lies painting him as a woman-beating rapist and pedophile.

Still need to ensure that the jury focuses on her careful planning, road trip, photographic slaughter-murder, concocted alibis and layers of lies upon lies to which she holds until they become completely untenable.

He needs to get the more minor matters out of the way so that he can finish with a climax; i.e., the actual torture-murder, replete with the photographic evidence that she so carelessly and thoughtlessly supplied as per her too-clever-by-half modus operandi.

Don't say finish with a climax....sends shivers down my spine.

she really doesn't like it when he goes to the table and pulls out exhibits....He does know this case inside out and then some---she just thinks she knows it better.....

Oh I love it when he turns his back on her while she is talking and starts to pick up one of those big envelopes.....I love it!!

One of the brilliant posters on here remarked that JA always uses "2" when she testifies. I started listening for this, and it is so true. Thank you to whoever brought this up. I am able to listen and understand so many things better through all the educating posts here.

example please....

I'm just watching the bit about her boobys before implants picture that were takedn by DB in 2006. I bet we will see that they were taken at the same time as the peni picture with his fingers in it.

My thoughts exactly, I remember the penis picture a websleuther posted awhile back and compared Travis' fingers to Darryls. I was really thinking that was what Martinez was going to display shortly before Jodi's illness appeared.

My statement has nothing to do with whether he get a conviction. It is about the flow of the trial. *yawn* the sex talk etc... is BORING.

I found the sex talk with Nurmi to be disgusting. It is a part of this trial that has to be discussed since she wants to label him as an abuser. Hate it that Juan can prove she enjoyed it, well not really.

Yup. I had to google too. Toss salad will never be the same.

Yeah, I think I'd heard all the words until that one. Oy.

I've been trying to decide if Jodi used the J-word because she actually doesn't know the word "semen" or if it just slipped out or if she was trying to shock listeners. She continues to puzzle me.

I know for sure he knows what he's doing, but..... Getting lost one these tangents- three or four times he never went back to the original point. She effectively derailed the conversation.
I hope he gets over the petty arguments and goes on to his masterful leading of Arias. I know he will at some point, and I hope it's soon.

The petty arguments are done for a reason. Everything he does is for a specific reason.

I say let him try his case just like he has been trying the same kind of cases for over 30 years.

I find it all riveting.

IMO

Ok, I went and paid rent, went to the post office, I went to the bank (To deposit the $1.85 check I got and I have no idea why?), I paid my bills, I picked up my Rx's and filled my pill case for a two week supply.

Unfortunately, I think I'm getting sick. I got a very good nights sleep last night and yet I'm exhausted and feeling like something is coming on. I hope I can last for the entire day today.

Bring it on JM, make her look silly and evasive! :great:

ETA: My hair is a month away from being harvestable. I was so hoping they could do it today. :sigh:

Nursing care is just a post away Steely Dan. :getwell::nurse:

Was thinking if all she did sexually was to keep Travis happy, he was so controlling.... Why didn't she have her implants removed to look more like a 12 year old girl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with all you are saying, but I cannot criticize Mr. Martinez for his "rights?". That is not meant as a direct question to the witness, IMO, but a speaking habit that is typical of most lawyers. Listen to Nurmi - he has far worse and far more irritating prefaces to his questions. Grrr! I'm sure they are drummed into everyone's mind by now. I actually shudder to think that we have to listen to that again! Juan's simple 'right?' is nothing in comparison.

I don't believe it is a habit. I believe he has to say "Right", or it could be considered leading. Otherwise what he says to her is just a statement.

Lawyers in the house today? Is this correct?

Also, this ain't Juan's first rodeo, folks. Everyone KNEW what he would be like. I love it. I was so sick of Dopey.

It is quite obvious that there is no love lost between JA and JM. It is also evident that JM finds JA repugnant. However the jury is charged to evaluate JA credibility and not JM mental state.

JM style when examining even friendly witnesses is “sharp”. It is highly unlikely that the jury will be more sympathetic to JA because JM doesn’t like her.

As has been noted at this site many times before, there is “method in JM madness”. The structure of JM cross does NOT APPEAR logical to you and it probably does not appear logical to JA. In fact to JA JM is merely “going around in circles”. JM knows precisely what he is doing. The apt analogy is putting together a jigsaw puzzle. Early on in the assembly there are few fragments here and few fragments there. There are small pieces all over the latent image. Notice that JM will leave a point hanging without conclusion only to come back later and reference the point. JM explicitly will not conduct a cross based on chronological order. JA spends a lot of time in hesitation in order to do quick calculations in her mind to check if her current working lie can be impeached OR to anticipate falling into an inconsistency trap. These sorts of on the fly assessments are difficult to do if the questioning is non-sequential and/or illogical. Therefore his line of questioning appears disjointed just as a jigsaw puzzle early on appears incomplete and confusing. There will be multiple “AH HAW” moments when JM begins to fully fill in the picture.

It appears that JM is systematically dismantling the entire body of JA direct testimony. Some observers claim that detours into minutiae and the distant past are a waste of time. There is a large gallery of bombastic defense lawyers on Mitchell, Grace, and Drew who mouth this criticism. This claim, though, is very arguable. JM is merely putting together the puzzle background and image periphery and he is doing this UP FRONT. In a day or two JM will begin closing his pincers as he drills down on the pre Mesa preparations. JM will likely close with a blistering cross exam in which the actual murder is painstakingly scrutinized with respect to details and timeline.

great post. the thanks button was not enough. the talking heads on tv are there for entertainment and ratings. :twocents:

She testified on direct that she thought by having sex with him, she would be "helping" him overcome those urges. Dr. Arias...sexpert.

Which is, of course, why she offered the oral intercourse and requested the "generous facial."

Not sure if I mentioned it here - but in order for her to not make it through the day, she would have a health problem. As someone with diabetes, I need to eat every 3-4 hours to keep my levels in check. If I ate at 3 AM and again at 6 PM, I'd probably end up in a coma, or dead.

Now for a perfectly healthy person, I suppose you could get away with 3 AM and 6 PM feedings -- though I think it's innapropriate.

Yes, she admitted to killing him. I understand that. But she's still innocent until proven guilty and sentenced by a court of law. Of course I think she's guilty......BUT does that mean the State/Sherrif can withold feedings? Even terrorists get 3 meals and a cot.

I'm not a bleeding heart - but I do find it inappropriate. Even felon Anthony was thrown a bologna sandwich at lunch.

In short, I have no problem with her having lunch. If it's gonna make her mind not scramble - have at it.

Just my opinion - not meant to offend anyone.

Mel

Isn't she buying extra food at the jail commissary? I thought that was part of the reason given for selling her artwork on ebay was to partly pay for the expenses for her family while they are here and that she would have an alternative to prison food since she doesn't like it.

Why should he move on after only cross examining her for two days? I really dont understand the rush when Nurmi had Jodi on the stand on direct for 8-9 days.:waitasec:
I agree with you, but according to tweets from people in the courtroom, even jurors who had previously took notes were looking around, head scratching, and the jury seemed restless all around. If they are bored with the round-n-round and are tuning out, then they will miss the important bits Juan makes in between. Far be it from me to tell someone like Juan Martinez how to do his job, but if this line of Q&A is causing the jury to tune out, that's a problem.

Just IMO

Thank you Laces, I feel the same thing. The way the prosecutor is treating Jodi makes me uncomfortable. It's all emotional and I want cold logic.

He is using logic. She's the one injecting emotion and spinning issues to try to confuse and blur issues. JM's responses to her nonsense are all based on logic, IMO.

Was thinking if all she did sexually was to keep Travis happy, he was so controlling.... Why didn't she have her implants removed to look more like a 12 year old girl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because according to her, he liked little boys. :waitasec:

At the risk of angering many here, I'm afraid it's time to move on. JM has proven her to be a liar, proven she was experienced when she met Travis and probably introduced him to many activities, proven she is not a shrinking violet and perfectly capable of manipulating the men in her life.

It's time to convince the jury that this was a per-meditated murder and she tried for more than two years to lie her way out of it.

The jury, I believe, is aware of WHO SHE IS and it is now time to prove to them WHAT SHE DID. JA's family deserves nothing less.

This is the only chance Juan has to get any information from JA that he wants to bring in in his rebuttal, in. He will take his time to do just that and I am happy to watch and wait. There are no second chances with this case. imo

I know right! The only thing that makes me feel better if when I tell my girlfriends about some of this stuff, they don't know either!

I keep trying to talk to my sons about this case, at least briefly, so that they know women like this exist. But it is very hard. They REALLY don't want their mother to know these words! :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard