CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, new here. I've been following this story since it broke and am fascinated by it. The elevator video is odd, but I've never sensed fear or panic in her. I am going on a tour of the area this weekend and we make a stop at the Cecil. I hope to get a better look at the place and the businesses on either side of the hotel. I've driven past the place a few times but not able to stop and look around.

I must say that a few of the conspiracy theories I'm reading here are just as disturbing as the crime itself!

If anyone is interested, I think there are still some spots left on the tour..
http://esotouric.com/mainhotel

I am not affiliated with the tour company in any way. I have always wanted to take this tour and now seems like an interesting time to do it. Plus, my partner had time this weekend to go with me, and the weather is nice finally!

That tells me that there's more to this story than we know.

Of course. But, again, I go back to the water you allegedly aren't meant to see is CLEAR, has no smell apparently taken covertly.

This totally belies the reports it was black and smelled bad. Is that what we are not meant to see?
Add in no cadaver dogs hit on anything.
Also that the fire department guys don't appear to notice any bad odors or require respirators, or anything other than their "raincoats". Look into some of the photos where there are like a dozen firemen just hanging out at the scene as if there is not a decomposing body present nor foul smelling water where one was previously taken from.

Get my drift?

It's the same with her alleged fb. It shows a couple posts from 2007 and then nothing until 2012 or 13 I forget which.
What that seemed to me was a dormant fb that was somehow commandeered
and "dedicated" to being portrayed as "hers".

Same may be true of this tumbr account.
This whole case is weird and not at all what it seems in my opinion.

This is pretty strange, and the symbolism of the card is very errie in this context. User Kunibob had some great info on how tumblr queues posts in one of the previous threads here; apparently if enough posts are in someone's queue, tumblr will continue automatically posting for you for up to weeks after there's been no account activity. I just question the lag, however, as the last post before this new one was almost 10 days ago, and prior to that post there was a 2 day lag, etc. I don't know if the timing between queued posts is random, or ordered. But it brings up a good question. Also I think in one of the previous threads, the tumblr account was confirmed hers, because of how closely the content mirrors reported fact.

Perhaps it's irrelevant, but perhaps it isn't. I don't want to personally get too far into the symbolism and relevance of the hermit card, but am very curious what LE has discovered regarding her personal computer, belongings, account information, etc. I suppose it will be a couple of weeks before that info is released.

check the last thread (#3), and on one of the last few pages, someone posted a link to the actual audio from the radio station.

Even if this all was bs, everything stated was previously reported. I know, because I've seen everything on this.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about the reputation of this station. I don't see any major media reporting on the findings. This is a sensational case generating tremendous attention worldwide. I would not be surprized if some sites are too eager to capture the millions of eyeballs out there.

For example, it is a significant piece of information if the girl was found naked. Yet I don't find any news sites mentioning this.

Maybe I am being too foolishly skeptical. The general media are well aware of the huge global interest in this case. They are hovering around like hungry eagles ready to swoop in on the tiniest piece of feed. To think that a little bird beat them to it and they are all choosing to do nothing and keep quiet about it?

It's the same with her alleged fb. It shows a couple posts from 2007 and then nothing until 2012 or 13 I forget which.
What that seemed to me was a dormant fb that was somehow commandeered
and "dedicated" to being portrayed as "hers".

Same may be true of this tumbr account.
This whole case is weird and not at all what it seems in my opinion.
It seems that all the posts on her Tumblr after January 29th are reblogs. This isn't odd at all, given she was missing since Jan 31st and Tumblr allows bloggers to queue up their reblogs and have them appear at time intervals specified previously by the blogger. If she had like 1000 reblogs queued up say, then you'll be seeing more reblogs on her Tumblr for a long time. Since she seemed pretty active on the internet, I wouldn't be surprised if she really did have a large number of reblogs queued up. Also queueing up her reblogs would prevent her followers from getting overwhelmed by the sheer number of reblogs she wanted to do.

I mean I'd be spooked out if there were any new posts written by her personally, NOT reblogged, that appear on her Tumblr after she went missing/died. (Thankfully this hasn't been the case)

The last post of her that was not a reblog and is written by her, was dated 29th January. It is the one here

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/41786151020/i-have-arrived-in-laland-and-there-is-a

Where she wrote :

"I have arrived in Laland…

and there is a monstrosity of a building next to the place I’m staying

when I say monstrosity mind you I’m saying as in gaudy

but then again it was built in 1928 hence the art deco theme so yes it IS classy but then since it’s LA it went on crack

Fairly certain this is where Baz Lurhmann needs to film the Great Gatsby"

Pretty sure she was at the Cecil then. I find it chilling to read... because this is where she is found dead in... but here she sounds like she's in the middle of an eye-opening exciting trip... Sad what happened to her.

Invisible Light Agency is just a VFX company, isn't it? I've worked in film VFX on and off (mainly the videogame industry), and that sounds like a pretty standard VFX company title to me. As well, it's common for start-up companies to operate out of the seedier areas of town due to cheap overhead. Respectfully: I'm not sure why it keeps coming up -- has there been anything suspicious about it?

Hi all, new here. I've been following this story since it broke and am fascinated by it. The elevator video is odd, but I've never sensed fear or panic in her. I am going on a tour of the area this weekend and we make a stop at the Cecil. I hope to get a better look at the place and the businesses on either side of the hotel. I've driven past the place a few times but not able to stop and look around.

I must say that a few of the conspiracy theories I'm reading here are just as disturbing as the crime itself!

If anyone is interested, I think there are still some spots left on the tour..
http://esotouric.com/mainhotel

I am not affiliated with the tour company in any way. I have always wanted to take this tour and now seems like an interesting time to do it. Plus, my partner had time this weekend to go with me, and the weather is nice finally!

Please take some more pictures of the inside, eg. Elevator and hallways.

thanks,

Access to the roof.

I worked for several years with a company that repaired the old heritage buildings in downtown Vancouver, most of which had fire escapes like the Cecil Hotel.

If you were to try to climb up one of the fire escapes that are on the outside of the building, it would feel like you were airborne. You are really exposed, and you can see through the landing which makes you feel even more airborne.

If you are not used to heights (and most people aren't), you would not want to climb up the ladder to the roof. It would scare the **** out of you.

But young dumb guys would, and so would chinese investigative reporters.

The fire escape between the wings is less open and exposed, and would feel easier to climb up, but not much.

And I have also had to haul 100lb bags of cement and buckets up the same kind of ladders onto a roof. It was really really hard. You have to be very strong, in your legs, hands and shoulders, because you pretty much have to one-hand it up the ladder.

Same problem with a body.

We usually hauled things up by a rope rather than carrying them up, but even that required a lot of strength.

So I find it extremely hard to believe that Elisa climbed up to the roof herself on an external fire escape, or was carried up by someone. Especially if that someone was a burned out, lethargic, drug addicted, alcoholic, sex offending, long-term resident of the hotel. They just couldn't do it. Or even think about doing it.

But I also found working in old buildings that long-term occupants always had a key to the fire door to the roof. If someone has lived in the Cecil Hotel for 28 years, and at least one of them has, it's quite likely that they, and others too, have acquired a key to the roof sometime in the past 30 years. And unless there was some real problem on the roof, the hotel wouldn't bother changing the lock to the roof access door.

And I think the chinese investigative reporters said that they pushed on the roof access fire door and the alarm didn't go off. But maybe it has to open to activate the alarm.

All of this leads me to conclude that Elisa was taken up to the roof, dead or alive, through the fire door, not the fire escape, either by a long-term resident or a hotel employee/security guard, any of whom would also be familiar with the water tanks as a place to hide a body.

But it would have a to be a very twisted resident to do it, because they would still have to use the water from the tanks. And know that their "friends" in the hotel are also drinking the water.

Which leads me to a hotel employee or security guard as the likely killer.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about the reputation of this station. I don't see any major media reporting on the findings. This is a sensational case generating tremendous attention worldwide. I would not be surprized if some sites are too eager to capture the millions of eyeballs out there.

For example, it is a significant piece of information if the girl was found naked. Yet I don't find any news sites mentioning this.

Maybe I am being too foolishly skeptical. The general media are well aware of the huge global interest in this case. They are hovering around like hungry eagles ready to swoop in on the tiniest piece of feed. To think that a little bird beat them to it and they are all choosing to do nothing and keep quiet about it?

Nonsense! You can never be too skeptical of mainstream media or alternative media in my book.
My sig is a post quoted by BF and he OWNED the printing presses of his time.
I've posted many times on several forums that the role of media is not to inform you, but is relegated to infotainment and that it can be completely false and fabricated. This has been found by appellate court to be entirely legal. It has been the case, before the legal seal of approval given it in 2007,
as far back as the days of William Randolph Hearst.
Are you familiar with the term yellow "journalism"?

Invisible Light Agency is just a VFX company, isn't it? I've worked in film VFX on and off (mainly the videogame industry), and that sounds like a pretty standard VFX company title to me. As well, it's common for start-up companies to operate out of the seedier areas of town due to cheap overhead. Respectfully: I'm not sure why it keeps coming up -- has there been anything suspicious about it?

She referenced an article about them on some social media.
Also, the tie-in relates to video game, online entertainment as regards
her only 'fb' friend RS.
Not sure if I can attach his linkedin here.

But it would have a to be a very twisted resident to do it, because they would still have to use the water from the tanks. And know that their "friends" in the hotel are also drinking the water.

Or someone who didn't mind not taking a shower for a few days (and I assume there many in that hotel) and didn't think it would take that long for the body to be found.

If I was LE, I would look at the surveillance tapes from the lobby to see if one of the long term residents was bringing in large water bottles regularly starting february 5th or 6th.

I am thinking about the whole Bipolar thing...Is EL a diagnosed Bipolar or she just made a self-diagnosis and *thought* she had Bipolar disorder? Don't forget it is reported that EL studied psychology at UBC.

She referenced an article about them on some social media.
Also, the tie-in relates to video game, online entertainment as regards
her only 'fb' friend RS.
Not sure if I can attach his linkedin here.

Can you find that post? Because it would be a huge lead if it was really the case.

I am thinking about the whole Bipolar thing...Is EL a diagnosed Bipolar or she just made a self-diagnosis and *thought* she had Bipolar disorder? Don't forget it is reported that EL studied psychology at UBC.

According the her tumblr, she was taking Lamotrigine, which "is an anticonvulsant drug used in the treatment of epilepsy and bipolar disorder. It is also used off-label as an adjunct in treating depression".

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/22304102762/more-its-still-odd-to-me-that-people-are-so

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamotrigine"]Lamotrigine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I just think that if we are to accomplish anything, we need to give EL the benefit of the doubt.

We need to trust that she's a good girl. We need to trust that she's not crazy, not sleepwalking, not on drugs, and she's not being controlled by ghosts.

We need to trust that this event was not her fault, and we need to trust that the creature responsible is human.

You're assuming way too much. We don't have enough facts in this case to know anything for certain one way or another yet.

Looking at the Chinese investigator's video, it would clearly be easy to bring the body from the rooftop up the wooden ladder and into the tank. The ladder is at such an angle as to make it easy to carry a body in your arms and go up the ladder without using your hands. So my guess is she died on the roof, and the body was brought up the ladder in the person's arms.

Has cause of death even been released? Or are they going to wait the 6-8 weeks it generally takes for tox results?

If so, I have a feeling there are no clear indications of murder and that manner of death will be listed as "undetermined" , leaving a great deal of dissatisfaction for many.

Can you find that post? Because it would be a huge lead if it was really the case.

I am about to leave and will return later.
I can't find any of the links to the things I've been writing here.
Just resorting to recalling from memory because of so many varied
websites and my own scrolling around the net!

I read posts by others discussing what seemed to be about something she posted to one of her
social media accounts talking about the company as related to an article on Huffington Post.
I found this one: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/12/11/quantum-stealth-invisibility-hyperstealth_n_2277394.html

But, I so far haven't found the exact article they are referencing or
her comments about it.
If anybody else read it and can post, that would be great.
If not when I come back, I'll go to where I read this being discussed and back it up to where they may have links.

I read the Chinese article too. I seriously doubt it's credibility because why would a pathologist or toxicologist be telling so much unpublished information to a single reporter, and especially when he also talked about police works that are not his department.

I'm skeptical also. The Coroner would not be commenting on this case and would defer all questions to the LAPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173