CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LAPD picked up EL's belongings from her 4th floor room

Again, I've no idea where her clothes were when they found her naked in the tank

So there are 2 separate issues here

IMO If they can't find her clothes around the rooftop area, it looks more and more like a murder scene, than suicide

Anyone have any insight on this, it's a big help

I don't believe we have a direct quote from LAPD saying she was found naked. We have a couple reporters saying she was found naked but I think when we discussed this before we never found anything that cleared that up

I don't believe we have a direct quote from LAPD saying she was found naked. We have a couple reporters saying she was found naked but I think when we discussed this before we never found anything that cleared that up

Would'nt the reporters get their info directly from the LAPD about her being found nude?

How could reporters just blurt that info out unsubstantiated, it's pretty significant given LAPD didnt have much more to reveal at the time?

Any thoughts on this?

I would imagine that police confidence in that video being of Elisa Lam is quite high for them to release it as such. Especially with no disclaimers about the identity. People often look different in film and at different angles. And, we have never seen her animated in life or on film--right? We have just stills, AFAIK. I'll point out too that Elisa was a "poser" in photos. She often has the same smile, the same tilt to the head. The video is far different from that in context.
Snipped : )

After thinking about her appearance, I came to the same conclusion. I searched for a single photo where she isn't smiling (for better comparison to the elevator video), and I couldn't find one. Of course, the pictures that have flooded the internet are few in number. She had a large smile, and it's very likely that she looked like the elevator video when she had her mouth closed.

Also, I agree that the police are sure of her identity. The only reason I ever questioned it was because I was wondering if they might possibly have some ulterior motive for releasing that video, even if it's not of Elisa. But I see no reason it would help them find a suspect, and I wouldn't buy into any conspiracy theory explanation.

I disagree. IMO If reporters ran with EL being nude in the tank and was not verified to be true, then LAPD's PR dept would've refuted that claim, especially by now we're into March 2013

To me, it's the same if MSM/LA media came out and said Elisa committed suicide.

I'd assume this claim would be cleared up immediately, since it's pretty significant given there's not much evidence to go on so far

Would'nt the reporters get their info directly from the LAPD about her being found nude?

How could reporters just blurt that info out unsubstantiated, it's pretty significant given LAPD didnt have much more to reveal at the time?

Any thoughts on this?

Reporters also said the autopsy found no signs of foul play. So many made that claim that the LAPD had to come out and deny that had ever been said.

They don't always get it right...lol

if you google Elisa Lam found a majority of the reports just say her body was found, I think I've read one that said she was naked

Looking at the timeline and something struck me that I have not seen addressed here or anywhere else. EL arrived in LA on Jan 26 but did not check into the Cecil until the 28th. Where did she sleep for 2 nights? Why did she switch over to the Cecil? Did she befriend someone on the train who convinced her to stay where he was staying? I am thinking more and more a lot of this hinges on why she changed her itinerary to detour in LA. I also think it no coincidence that she disappeared the night before she was scheduled to check out. Someone knew her itinerary.

The LAPD admittedly know very little hence the release of the video days before the discovery of her body and the tip line. The reason the police are finding so little info is that they should be interviewing Amtrak passengers. I am beginning to think that the perp persuaded her to change her plans and wanted her at the Cecil because he knew that the hotel staff would likely not notice she was missing for days.

Whatever the source of the flooding betweent the 3rd and 4th that BD referred to, I've often wondered if it was an overflow or something that Elisa was upset about and she was trying to get help to deal with it.

Lots of possibilities and questions ... sadly no answers

IMO Once Elisa's body dropped to the bottom of tank, she could've covered the main drainage valve and possibly this was the loud suction sounds Diaz heard...it's sort of like putting your hand over a running vacuum nozzle, you get the same high pressure back up and high suction sounds

IMO Once Elisa's body dropped to the bottom of tank, she could've covered the main drainage valve and possibly this was the loud suction sounds Diaz heard...it's sort of like putting your hand over a running vacuum nozzle, you get the same high pressure back up and high suction sounds

the holes on the tank are on the side and not the bottom...

Looking at the timeline and something struck me that I have not seen addressed here or anywhere else. EL arrived in LA on Jan 26 but did not check into the Cecil until the 28th. Where did she sleep for 2 nights? Why did she switch over to the Cecil? Did she befriend someone on the train who convinced her to stay where he was staying? I am thinking more and more a lot of this hinges on why she changed her itinerary to detour in LA. I also think it no coincidence that she disappeared the night before she was scheduled to check out. Someone knew her itinerary.

The LAPD admittedly know very little hence the release of the video days before the discovery of her body and the tip line. The reason the police are finding so little info is that they should be interviewing Amtrak passengers. I am beginning to think that the perp persuaded her to change her plans and wanted her at the Cecil because he knew that the hotel staff would likely not notice she was missing for days.

That's a really interesting thought.

Do we know for sure she was traveling by Amtrak though?

The timeline says she was in LA on Jan 26?

Because Elisa was in San Diego until Jan 28.

Reporters also said the autopsy found no signs of foul play. So many made that claim that the LAPD had to come out and deny that had ever been said.

They don't always get it right...lol

if you google Elisa Lam found a majority of the reports just say her body was found, I think I've read one that said she was naked

I know what you're saying, but actually I found many sites with the nude body claims

I really think LAPD is buying time with the prolonged tox report...which means hopefully they're not turning this case cold

Here's the link :

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=elisa+lam+nude+body+found&gbv=1"]elisa lam nude body found - Google Search[/ame]

From my readings, the Cecil Hotel's had legendary water, power issues for a long long time...no AC, no heat, low water pressure, flooding, etc
The flooding brings a good theory why she was roaming around the hotel...

I'd like to hear more about this if it's in main stream media/MSM

- I can definitely see a old building like the Cecil having major plumbing/water supply problems quite often.

- Don't know much about the person saying it "flooded"...

Was the Toilet/sink or shower backing up ( meaning water could not drain properly) That would most likely mean the floors below him had a clog.

Was water coming in through his ceiling?...That would mean someone on the floors above him had a clogged drain.

11.38.440 - Chlorination—Recordkeeping and testing.

Any reservoir, standpipe, cistern, forebay, tank, weir box, receptacle, or any other form of installation used for the production, distribution or storage of any domestic water supply or water used for human consumption, shall be securely protected against pollution or contamination
All suppliers of domestic water, when required by the director to use continuous chlorination, shall add chlorine in sufficient quantity to insure the bacteriological safety of the water at all points in the distribution system. A free-chlorine residual shall be maintained at all times at sampling points approved by the director. Routine chlorine residual tests shall be made daily, and permanent records kept of such tests. Copies of the records shall be furnished the director upon request.

Link to Los Angeles county Code of ordinances
http://search.municode.com/html/16274/

- also looks like the water tanks needed to be cleaned at least once per year
(sludge build up on the bottom of the tank from city water sediments requires the water for human consumption to be extracted from the top level of the tanks)

- It also says that the cover of the tanks needs to be water tight( so no contamination)...I know I read that the covers were unlocked. But they may have still been sealed pretty good.... How hard were they to remove?

Just remembered a friend of mine posted a link to a news story on Facebook about EL and one of her friends replied, saying she had known the family and hadn't seen them for about 6 years...Still, some of our questions could be answered. I want to ask her what her parents' names are...

Any other questions that I could ask, if she gets back to me? I already messaged her asking if I could ask her some questions...I don't think she knows the family well, and she said she hasn't seen them for about 6 years, but...It's better than nothing.

- also looks like the water tanks needed to be cleaned at least once per year
(sludge build up on the bottom of the tank from city water sediments requires the water for human consumption to be extracted from the top level of the tanks)

Respectfully snipped :)

I noticed in the picture someone took of the tank where her body was found, there is muddy, sludgey water at the bottom of the tank, and I know they drained it and everything, but it really disgusted me to see that mud, knowing that is the water people drink...There better be some good filtration system!

I disagree. IMO If reporters ran with EL being nude in the tank and was not verified to be true, then LAPD's PR dept would've refuted that claim, especially by now we're into March 2013

To me, it's the same if MSM/LA media came out and said Elisa committed suicide.

I'd assume this claim would be cleared up immediately, since it's pretty significant given there's not much evidence to go on so far

Disagree. What would be gained by publicizing that? No reason to spread that info. They are not in the business of giving out every bit of evidence/info pertaining to an unsolved crime. As a lifelong LA resident, I can not imagine LAPD coming out and doing that.

That's really original Conductor, I never though of that and makes alot od sense

I might try calling the LAPD Crime Stopper Hotline tommorrow and see if they can tell me anything...it's worth a try

Respectfully snipped :)

I noticed in the picture someone took of the tank where her body was found, there is muddy, sludgey water at the bottom of the tank, and I know they drained it and everything, but it really disgusted me to see that mud, knowing that is the water people drink...There better be some good filtration system!

I did some reading about rooftop water tanks...

a water pump( located at the hotel) pumps water from the city water line to the Hotel Roof water tank

City water has sediment/misc particles that collect on the bottom's of tanks.( kinda scary but sounds like it's part of the system)

any water for human consumption is siphoned from the upper level of the tank ( where the clean water is)

Tanks need to be chlorinated often and cleaned out at least once per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993