GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen quicker turnaround times in murder/manslaughter cases. The couple on Long Island that were killed by a hit and run driver earlier this month were buried the same day. If they have cause of death and ballistic trajectories, what else do they need?

This isn't rhetorical, I am curious what else they could possibly need, it seems straight forward to me but maybe I'm missing something.

they were orthodox jews and, as per religious laws, must be buried before sunset. same reason why they prefer not to have autopsies performed. i might be wrong but i think is similar for observant muslims
and regarding "hinkometers" about the mother...there is no set way to how people grief. i hope no one here has or ever be in the position this woman is.
hasta pronto antonio, donde estes, que descanses en paz

Can I ask a dumb (non USA person) question? I thought 'Bloods' was a LA thing, is it a national gang, or did he just think 'Bloods' were his team, you know like the way you might follow a football team or something? Was he actually a gang member of an LA gang from GA or does he just think they're 'awesome'?

Don't tell me these street gangs have gone national (or god forbid international) like outlaw motorcycle clubs.....

Bloods, crips, disciples, gangster disciples I use to live in Minneapolis which most people would not think really would have a gang problem but it did and was worse IMO. Here is why, it was close to Chicago, St Louis, Kansis City, East St Louis, Quad Cities and LA is not close but still gang members would travel to MPLS. It was like a new territory and there were so many rivals trying to stake their own territory. The fact that there were so many from different gangs seem to make them more ruthless.

Here is a article about a police officer who was shot in the back while at a Pizza Shack..

http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/200209/25_hughesa_haaf/

I cant read this entire thread right now. Why? I thought its good to discuss all angles of a case. Something isn't kosher with her story.

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. The mother is a victim. Suspects are in custody.

Her little baby boy got shot in the face in broad daylight, over nothing. I am sure she couldn't care less about the defendant's attorneys needs. JMO

they were orthodox jews and, as per religious laws, must be buried before sunset. same reason why they prefer not to have autopsies perform. i might be wrong but i think is similar for observant muslims

Yes, I know that. I also know that LE can delay it if they need to do so. My point was that they were killed in a criminal incident and were buried the same day, so cremating the baby already doesn't surprise me, nor does it seem like it indicates anything other than the family wanting it taken care of ASAP so they can get away from the horror that neighborhood must be to them now.

Yes, I know that. I also know that LE can delay it if they need to do so. My point was that they were killed in a criminal incident and were buried the same day, so cremating the baby already doesn't surprise me, nor does it seem like it indicates anything other than the family wanting it taken care of ASAP so they can get away from the horror that neighborhood must be to them now.

^^
i was just giving a reason why those bodies were realeased quickly. and i agree with you, is no surprise that the body could be released and cremated fast. it has been a traumatic event for all of those involved and if all investigations have been done there is no need to hold the body.

Heck, they released the kids' bodies in Newtown in the same period of time and that was a much more complicated investigation.

:thud:
Awww. I know everyone reacts differently but ...

" The boy ... was cremated, and West had them dispose of the ashes.

“I couldn’t stand the thought of seeing him in a box,” West said. The last time she saw her son was when he was put in an ambulance."

Didn't dad want the ashes?
In this article it says he was so upset he was briefly arrested. He blames mom indirectly.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/anger-disbelief-grip-brunswick-after-toddlers-shoo/nW233/

“I couldn’t stand the thought of seeing him in a box,” West said. The last time she saw her son was when he was put in an ambulance."

In this article it says he was so upset he was briefly arrested. He blames mom indirectly.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/anger-disbelief-grip-brunswick-after-toddlers-shoo/nW233/

I find this so sad. I'm guessing if Dad wanted the stuffed animals he might have been interested in the ashes. :(

They have been in South Florida since at least the 1980's when I was a kid. These gangs are everywhere. Crips, Bloods, Folk, Latin Kings etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Here is a little more on the bloods. They did originate in LA in the 1970s

Bloods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm in Nebraska, the midwest. Those same gangs have been here, too, for decades. Plus more. We have the "X" St. Bloods, and the "Y" St. Bloods. Don't know if they work together...probably back each other up sometimes since they are affilicated. Same with the Crips, Latino gangs racist gangs, etc.. Some associated with specific high schools.

Wow .. that's incredibly annoying.

Bloods, crips, disciples, gangster disciples I use to live in Minneapolis which most people would not think really would have a gang problem but it did and was worse IMO. Here is why, it was close to Chicago, St Louis, Kansis City, East St Louis, Quad Cities and LA is not close but still gang members would travel to MPLS. It was like a new territory and there were so many rivals trying to stake their own territory. The fact that there were so many from different gangs seem to make them more ruthless.

Here is a article about a police officer who was shot in the back while at a Pizza Shack..

http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/200209/25_hughesa_haaf/

It sounds like your gangs are the same as our bikies .. foot soldiers for the drug trade. And here is a kid idolising them and look what he does. I don't even have words.

I had the same reaction when I read the article. So many things I don't understand!

And it's sad that Mr. Santiago is blaming the mother, but is not "upset" with the boys who did this. How can he not be upset with those thugs?! How can he give them such an easy pass?

Not seeing Antonio before he was cremated and packing up his things so quickly is not something I think I would be able to do. When I had to put my cat to sleep last summer I held onto him after the vet put him to sleep for a good half hour while I cried and prayed for him before the techs came in and whisked him off to be cremated. I didn't want to let him go. I would have laid there with him all day if I could have. May sound weird to some, but I was very attached to him. I know people process grief differently and that maybe this is Ms. West's way of coping. I feel so sorry for her, but yet I don't quite grasp some of the things I've seen and heard her say.

This case is so sad. I can't stop thinking about it.

^^
i was just giving a reason why those bodies were realeased quickly. and i agree with you, is no surprise that the body could be released and cremated fast. it has been a traumatic event for all of those involved and if all investigations have been done there is no need to hold the body.

Yeah, you're right. They probably won't have a funeral with an open casket. Once the autopsy is complete then it's released to the funeral home.

adding:

I'm glad they have a witness to tell what actually happened.

I had the same reaction when I read the article. So many things I don't understand!

And it's sad that Mr. Santiago is blaming the mother, but is not "upset" with the boys who did this. How can he not be upset with those thugs?! How can he give them such an easy pass?

Not seeing Antonio before he was cremated and packing up his things so quickly is not something I think I would be able to do. When I had to put my cat to sleep last summer I held onto him after the vet put him to sleep for a good half hour while I cried and prayed for him before the techs came in and whisked him off to be cremated. I didn't want to let him go. I would have laid there with him all day if I could have. May sound weird to some, but I was very attached to him. I know people process grief differently and that maybe this is Ms. West's way of coping. I feel so sorry for her, but yet I don't quite grasp some of the things I've seen and heard her say.

This case is so sad. I can't stop thinking about it.
^^
none of us is privy to her feelings. all the info is coming from newspapers and interviews that,is all we know.whatever is going on her heart and her mind only she knows and only herself knows (or not) the reasons why she is doing what she is doing.
remember that this woman had the horrible experience of seeing her baby shot in the face, we do not know the exact conditions of this child's face and seriously, i wouldn't want that to be the last thing i see when i close my eyes.
her ways of coping might be odd to others but they are HER ways of coping

ITA. If accused perp had a right to do the autopsy, how would that go with cases where the perp isn't found right away, sometimes for years and years?
Would the family not able to bury the victim-ever? I don't think so.
I am sure autopsy was done on the infant since he died a violent death.

Of course they don't hold the victim's body as evidence for years so the defense can have a few cracks at it for the trial (and maybe even for appeals).

Quick cremation in a suspicious death where murder is suspected but not proven is one thing but in this case the cause of death was quite clear.

I am glad the family is not seeking donations -- it shows they have dignity and aren't seeking to profit from this.

Parts of this were linked too but worth repeating. The aunt of the younger suspect gave them rides and then called police. She is now receiving death threats. She said Elkins cut the ride short when she started asking questions and when he got out of the car she saw what looked like a gun under his clothes.

Debra Obley says she never imagined she'd have two ties to the investigation into the murder of the toddler.

"I feel sad I'm being threatened, yeah I'm being threatened by people saying they are going to kill me or have people to kill me, because I'm a snitch," said Obley.

She tells Channel 4 that she gave Elkins a ride from her mother's house, not knowing who he was.

"When he got in the car, he laid down in the backseat," said Obley. "He kept looking around, peeping up and I said, 'Boy, what you doing? You skipping school?' You know, he said 'No ma'am.'"

When she started asking for more questions, Obley said Elkins cut the ride short. http://www.news4jax.com/news/Brunsw...75880/19439744/-/item/1/-/8t4s9y/-/index.html

Meanwhile Elkin's sister claims he was with her the whole time? They had a nice wholesome breakfast with eggs and grits and then he went to classes so he could get his GED??? LOL. That is so typical, "He's a good kid, he was turning his life around, he was working on his GED". If/when they prove his sister is lying I hope they lock her up too as an accessory.

Also has a link to 4 of the 911 calls. Screaming in background, one caller says the shots sounded like a small caliber weapon, maybe a .32

http://www.news4jax.com/blob/view/-/19440438/data/1/-/drchuvz/-/Brunswick-911-call.mp3

Parts of this were linked too but worth repeating. The aunt of the younger suspect gave them rides and then called police. She is now receiving death threats. She said Elkins cut the ride short when she started asking questions and when he got out of the car she saw what looked like a gun under his clothes.

Meanwhile Elkin's aunt claims he was with her the whole time? And then went to classes so he could get his GED??? LOL. That is so typically "He's a good kid, he was turning his life around, he was working on his GED". If/when they prove his aunt is lying I hope the lock her up to as an accessory.
Also has a link to 4 of the 911 calls. Screaming in background, one caller says the shots sounded like a small caliber weapon, maybe a .32

http://www.news4jax.com/blob/view/-/19440438/data/1/-/drchuvz/-/Brunswick-911-call.mp3

BBM - of course they never do lock them up, either as accessories, or for perjury. It seems our "justice" system thinks it's okay for family members to lie.

it takes guts to do the right thing, especially in a culture were being a "snitch" can be seen as worst that shooting a baby.

trying to understand the family of the alleged shooter. so far antonio's mother gets pilloried for not acting according to everyone's expectations but, so far, no many comments have been made regarding the families protecting and lying for their relatives.

justice should be colour blind, if these kids shot this baby they should be judged as what they are: killers. irregardless of their skin colour or their victim's skin colour. and nope, i do not support the DP, not even in this case. but that is for another forum or discussion.

the shooter had a choice, he effed up big time and who's fault it is but his alone? no one forced him to pull that trigger.

so far antonio's mother gets pilloried for not acting according to everyone's expectations but, so far, no many comments have been made regarding the families protecting and lying for their relatives.

Yes I noticed that too. People seem quick to criticize the mother over every little thing but not the families of these killers? Or those that are openly supporting the killers?

Early on people were also quick to be "horrified" at the comments made following the news articles, so worried about how this could effect the alleged killers' community and how it could have a negative impact on the teens in that community, but yet again, but after the arrests when support is shown for these alleged baby killers, when death threats are made to PROTECT the alleged baby killers then those same folks don't say a peep about that at all.

I don't the fault the Mom for wanting to leave ASAP.

What's that saying,
No witness, no crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads