Amanda Knox New Motivation Report RE: Meredith Kercher Murder #1 *new trial ordered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess whatever they publish in their books can be used in the re-trial. I wonder how the story has changed between the book and the original story about being stoned, or was it cutting Meredith during an imaginery dinner at his house, or was it failed memory?

It seems similar to a hung jury and an appeal (eg: Jason Young). The only difference seems to be that the Italian courts spend a lot more time in making the decisions ... and the prosecution has the right of appeal.

If the biggest concern about what he wrote in the book is comparing it to something he wrote in his diary and was never used at trial in the first place then I don't think the book will have any bearing during the next trial. And he's never changed his story about being stoned that night. From what I can tell the SC is more concerned about Hellmann ignoring witnesses such as Quintavalle who changed his tune a year after being questioned by police.

I don't know what I think except doing cartwheels at that age, in that situation is nowhere close to normal. Especially for someone smart and educated. Some of the things said to the first responding officers at the house were also suspicious. I haven't kept up with evidence or don't remember why the black guy is said to be the guilty one though.

I don't know what I think except doing cartwheels at that age, in that situation is nowhere close to normal. Especially for someone smart and educated. Some of the things said to the first responding officers at the house were also suspicious. I haven't kept up with evidence or don't remember why the black guy is said to be the guilty one though.

In Amanda's situation I don't know how I would react, It may be that her immaturity at age 20 got her in a lot of trouble.

I used to think she was 100% guilty, But now maybe it was due to her being a stupid immature 20 year old left to her own devices for once.

I did find it very odd that she noticed drops of blood on the floor and proceeded to take a shower and blood droplets in the sink and said it was due to a monthly cycle.

Her behavior was just....... very strange for someone who's roommate had been viciously killed and then there is what one of the other roommates said, Anyways, she was crying (roommate) and asked how she died and Amanda supposedly, said "She F'ing bleed to death, what do you think"?. (or something along those lines).

That is one of the very strange thinks she did.

I don't know anymore.

In Amanda's situation I don't know how I would react, It may be that her immaturity at age 20 got her in a lot of trouble.

I used to think she was 100% guilty, But now maybe it was due to her being a stupid immature 20 year old left to her own devices for once.

I did find it very odd that she noticed drops of blood on the floor and proceeded to take a shower and blood droplets in the sink and said it was due to a monthly cycle.

Her behavior was just....... very strange for someone who's roommate had been viciously killed and then there is what one of the other roommates said, Anyways, she was crying (roommate) and asked how she died and Amanda supposedly, said "She F'ing bleed to death, what do you think"?. (or something along those lines).

I don't know anymore.

The statement from Knox to Meredith's friend describing Meredith as having "f-ing bled to death" was all wrong for two reasons. First, it was unbelievably rude, uncaring, insensitive and hurtful. Second, Knox claims that she had not been in the bedroom, but Knox accurately stated that Meredith bled to death even before the medical examiner knew how Meredith died.

Can't even debate this any more. Hope RS got out of the country before this BS happened.

With them being so smitten with each other, I doubt they would have even considered including another in their trysts. JMO

:seeya:

BBM: I am so glad the Supreme Court upheld the conviction of Knox accusing Patrick Lumumba !

That was WRONG for Amanda to accuse an INNOCENT MAN of the murder -- she knew Mr. Lumumba was at his business that night because SHE was supposed to go to work -- but Patrick told Amanda NOT to come in to work that night ...

Just like Susan Smith did, so did Amanda : blamed an "African-black man" for murder they committed ... and that, IMO, speaks volumes !

As to "extradition," IMO, the US will do nothing ... the US State Department, etc, are probably already getting severe pressure from the "FOA" ... I hope they STAY OUT OF IT and let Italy follow its course and go from there !

:please: Finally, some Justice for Meredith and the Kercher Family ... they KNOW who was there that night, and it wasn't just Guede !
Not only that. The SC also crushed the part where the appeal court concluded that there was no link between the accusation and the murder. Of course there is a link. The next appeal court will realize this and this makes it an uphill battle for the defense team. IMO Knox has to fear for an increased sentence this time. I expect that her ex-bf won't take the fall by himself if Knox tries to stay in the US but that is still far away. For now I am very pleased for the Kercher family and there will be justice for their murdered daughter, Meredith Kercher.

I haven't kept up with evidence or don't remember why the black guy is said to be the guilty one though.

-his hand print in MKs blood was found in MKs bedroom
-a bloody shoeprint found in the bedroom matched a shoe box found in his home
-his DNA was found inside MK, on her clothes and on her purse

someone correct me if i'm wrong...

but Knox accurately stated that Meredith bled to death even before the medical examiner knew how Meredith died.

i believe amanda stated she'd overheard paramedics or police talking at the scene...

Okay, I was just discussing this with my mother, and I haven't found a definitive source yet, so it's just a theory. She said that Amanda may get re-tried without her being present, and found guilty. She said Amanda will never be extradited, but a guilty verdict will make sure she isn't able to receive money from the Italian courts for her extended time in prison. Kinda like innocent people suing the US after they are exonerated. If anyone knows Italian law, feel free to help.

My defense attorney friend said Italian law may well allow for Knox to be tried "in absentia", i.e., while not present. Most media sources seem to agree that Italy can't compel extradition until Knox has been convicted of something.

That's an interesting theory that Italy's goal is to prevent Knox from suing for false imprisonment. I would think her own testimony implicating herself and Patrice in the crime would prevent that, but I admit I'm not sure what Italian law says on the subject and I put no degree of corruption past the Italians. (No, that's not because I think we Yanks are so superior.)

" Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz said that Italian prosecutors might very well extradite Knox. And, if retried, she "likely will be found guilty -- because the evidence supporting a conviction is pretty strong."

He predicted that Knox would resist any extradition attempt. But even if she were to succeed in that, "she remains a prisoner in the United States, because Interpol will put a warrant out for her and, if she travels anywhere outside the United States, she'll be immediately arrested and turned over to Italy."

If Knox were to lose an extradition fight and then wind up being convicted, she would go to jail, he said.

If he were advising Kercher's parents, Dershowitz said, he would recommend that they file a civil suit to claim the money Knox has received as an advance for a book about the case that is scheduled for publication next month.

"They have a right to sue her on behalf of their dead daughter," he said, noting that the standard required for conviction in civil cases is a preponderance of the evidence. "I think that would be easy to do."

And the extradition treaty's reference to double jeopardy may not be binding in some cases, he said. "In the United States, generally, when you appeal a conviction, you waive your double jeopardy rights, and we permit retrials of people who have had their convictions reversed, at least on procedural grounds," he said."

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/26/justice/knox-extradition/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

Dershowitz can be great on issues of constitutional law, but I seriously doubt he knows anything about this case.

-his hand print in MKs blood was found in MKs bedroom
-a bloody shoeprint found in the bedroom matched a shoe box found in his home
-his DNA was found inside MK, on her clothes and on her purse

someone correct me if i'm wrong...

No, you've got it.

Compared to that, the evidence against Knox and Sollecito is mostly "demeanor" evidence: they kissed while waiting to be interrogated by policy and after several days at the police department, Knox supposedly did a "cartwheel" (which I doubt, in fact).

I'd love to hear more about what Amandas friends, neighbors, schoolmates, etc have to say about her? It appears as though she had never been in trouble with the law before. Was she kind? Was she strange? Was she known to do strange things? She actually sounds like quite an ordinary girl to me. Not "Foxy Knoxy"'as some like to say. I mean, she was a foreign exchange student studying abroad. She mist have been fairly bright and studious to earn that honor. And it would seem to me she had a lot going on in her life to deal with including going to school, working and having a new boyfriend. Yet out of nowhere, she decides to partake in the rape and murder of her roommate??? It doesn't add up. People don't usually go from normal to outrageously evil in one day!

"Foxy Knoxy" was her nickname when she played school soccer. It has nothing to with this case. (Not blaming you, Duchess, just trying to keep the media in check.)

Not only was the murder "out of character" for her, it was damn near impossible. She had only known Sollecito for a week or two; he had never met Rudy Guede. Knox had only met Guede casually at a party.

Yet the three decided to kill Miss Kercher just for "kicks"?

She had been in trouble with the law before.

She's like Jodi Arias. Knox flipped cartwheels at the police station and Arias did head stands. Knox tried to blame others. Arias tried to blame others. Knox had amnesia at the time of the murder. Arias had amnesia at the time of the murder. Arias lied. Knox lied. I don't think that either Arias or Knox are ordinary women (they're not really girls anymore).

Arias appears to have gone from normal to evil one day. That does not seem to be a factor in guilt.

Amanda Knox is nothing like Jody Arias. Nor are the crimes of which they are accused in any way similar. One has to carefully cherry-pick evidence to make them seem at all alike.

Vicki, the media loves the word "cartwheel" because it conjures up an image of Knox acting out in joy after the death of her roommate.

I'm not convinced she did anything but a few yoga stretches. After all, she had been cooped up for many hours a day and was under the pressure of intermittent interrogation in a foreign language.

I don't know anymore.

But why wouldn't a guilty Knox attempt to mitigate the violence of the crime? The response above sounds like an inappropriate remark by someone in shock, not an answer from the guilty party.

NONE of the supposedly "odd" things Knox is accused of doing strikes me as remotely incriminating.

The statement from Knox to Meredith's friend describing Meredith as having "f-ing bled to death" was all wrong for two reasons. First, it was unbelievably rude, uncaring, insensitive and hurtful. Second, Knox claims that she had not been in the bedroom, but Knox accurately stated that Meredith bled to death even before the medical examiner knew how Meredith died.

Oh, please. She wasn't testifying as the ME. There was plenty of chatter going on for her to get the gist of what had happened.

And guess what? People DO say rude and insensitive things while in shock. Even in my family, where nobody has ever been murdered.

The case against Amanda Knox is full of gossip and innuendo and no concrete facts. Even her coerced confession doesn't actually put her in the murder room.

She would be a fool to return for this joke. jmo

Italian law cannot compel Knox to return for the new trial, and one of her lawyers, Carlo Dalla Vedova, said she had no plans to do so.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020645788_knoxappealxml.html

Dalla Vedova dismissed the “double jeopardy” concern, insisting the high court’s ruling on Tuesday hadn’t decided anything about the defendants’ guilt or innocence, but merely ordered a fresh appeals trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paladeer