CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok early morning flight.

Hoping Dylan is home tomorrow.

Mods I apologize I truly did forget about that one no no. Deepest apologies.

A bit OT but in regards to dogs and their senses. I have a very large 100 lb male hound dog who is not overly cuddly or affectionate and is extremely high energy, but I suffer from migraines and when I get one he is in bed with me for the duration. He is glued to me and won't leave my side and is ever so gentle and loving. It's very odd, but yes he knows and he becomes a different dog.

From the same article above. BBM What is an unidentified scent? I wonder why Middle Mountain Rd?

BBM

An "unidentified scent" would indicate to me that they are talking about HRD dogs. They scent that there are human remains located there, but obviously they can't attach it to any particular person as all human beings smell the same after a certain amount of time has passed. The HRD dogs alert to the bacteria and gasses that decomposition creates.

My sweet 13 year old shitzu just passed away this week. When he started dying, our lab and all the cats knew what was happening and surrounded him, stayed near. The cats kept sniffing him. The lab licked his face. He passed away peacefully, but all the animals knew he was dying.

My sweet 13 year old shitzu just passed away this week. When he started dying, our lab and all the cats knew what was happening and surrounded him, stayed near. The cats kept sniffing him. The lab licked his face. He passed away peacefully, but all the animals knew he was dying.

:( I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard that is.

Why would not finding a body in the lake not give one comfort.

Can anyone here explain this to me. I would be breathing the biggest sigh of relief imaginable.

"Elaine Redwine doesn’t believe her son is a runaway because it wasn’t his nature and because he was happy at his new school in Colorado Springs where he entered eighth grade this fall.

“It’s no comfort that they didn’t find anything in the water today,” she said Monday.

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121126/NEWS01/121129702/0/SEARCH/Frustration-mounting

I'd like to add the very next thing she said, as I think the quote needs to be taken as a whole:

“But just looking for your little boy in a lake is horrific

BTW, the article includes a picture of Cory standing alone, looking at the dive boats searching that lake for his little brother. Heartbreaking.

Oh, I am so sorry. That is so hard. Odd how animals are more empathetic/attuned than many people. (JMO, of course.)

Ohhhhh, ((((song22))))

So sorry for your loss.

Yep, they got home about 8:00 & if Dylan went right to bed how did he text about 9:37? Red Flag. Nerf football has been mentioned once? When did that happen? So many red flags. :banghead:

Calling TXJan - what was the exact date that the 9:37pm time was mentioned for the FIRST time by LE? And, what was the exact date that Mr. Redwine changed his story from Dylan was tired YADA YADA YADA --> Dylan was texting (or playing games while watching a movie YADA YADA YADA) until around 10:30pm-ish?

This just breaks my heart (((hugs))). I have a very old German Shepherd who has only a short number of days left. She is a great dog and I've had her since she was 6 weeks old. I dread the day she is no longer by my side. :anguish:

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog's passing, song. I know how hard that is... :hug: Animals truly do care for us, and each other in ways we may never completely understand...

I had forgotten about this:

Within the Task Force are two crime analysts: one from the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office and one from the FBI. These analysts are taking all the information coming into the Task Force and putting that information into computer programs. These computer programs allow the analysts to search information in different ways to identify any additional leads.

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1094

Note: they also did this in the Jessica Ridgeway case.

Originally Posted by song22

So sorry for your loss. :hug:

This just breaks my heart (((hugs))). I have a very old German Shepherd who has only a short number of days left. She is a great dog and I've had her since she was 6 weeks old. I dread the day she is no longer by my side. :anguish:

My children (7 of them) all have fur and 4 legs. Two are now in heaven, and the days that I lost both of them will be etched in my memory and heart for eternity. My husband's as well.

From the same article above. BBM What is an unidentified scent? I wonder why Middle Mountain Rd?

BBM - Good question for sarx

Search and Rescue dogs would also be looking for a live person, so in that case they would have Bloodhounds ( maybe HRD also?)

Article doesn't specify which type of dogs tho, so hard to say

IIRC any article they may have had for Bloodhounds was mixed scent from the house.

Goodnight everyone. I'm worn out after the mad whirl of twenty questions. Prayers for Dylan and his family and peace to all of you. :eek:fftobed:
Thanks again for the kind words:grouphug:

This may be common knowledge to most people, but I'm lost. I believe they use dogs to search for survivors after many kinds of natural disasters (earthquakes, avalanches, hurricanes, etc.), but I've been trying to think of what they call them/their training. I think they just search for any sign of life and possibly track whatever scent they may find, but aren't looking for a specific person. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and if so, what they're called? (Other than just SAR) I've just been wondering if that might be what they used on Monday and Tuesday after Dylan disappeared so they didn't actually need a scent item - but also couldn't know if it was Dylan the dog/s found. Considering what the area is like, it seems like they might be used a lot for finding lost campers, hikers, etc. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix