a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the beginning I thought that the stabs were first, however, now that I have heard, read and seen the accounts...I'm tending to think she shot him first and it didn't kill him like she planned and he did LUNGE out of the shower after her. Maybe that part is true. Then after he lunged at her out of the shower and he knocked her down and the gun went flying he fled to the sink area and Jodi, realizing her plan didn't work of killing him neatly in the shower, began to stab him. I think when Travis lunged at her it it knocked the gun out of her hands. I think she has weaved some truth into the lies to make it seem more believable. I believe she planned on just killing him with one shot to the head in the shower, no fuss, no mess and her plan failed and she had to resort to the knife. That is what psychopaths do anyway is weave some truth into their lies. This is just my opinion anyway.

BBM
" I think when Travis lunged at her it it knocked the gun out of her hands. I think she has weaved some truth into the lies to make it seem more believable. "

I think the same thing....I think the "camera bouncing like a football to the bathmat" bs is more along the lines of what the GUN did. NOT the camera.

I was watching day 10, pt 1 of the trial. Unless i am mistaken, I think Jodis ex boyfriend said (I am paraphrasing) Jodi was taking a road trip and one of the places she was going was ARIZONA. This is during the questioning by Nurmi. He did not expect him to say that. He is the person who loaned her two gas cans.

Yes, I caught that too. That was Darryl.

At the beginning I thought that the stabs were first, however, now that I have heard, read and seen the accounts...I'm tending to think she shot him first and it didn't kill him like she planned and he did LUNGE out of the shower after her. Maybe that part is true. Then after he lunged at her out of the shower and he knocked her down and the gun went flying he fled to the sink area and Jodi, realizing her plan didn't work of killing him neatly in the shower, began to stab him. I think when Travis lunged at her it it knocked the gun out of her hands. I think she has weaved some truth into the lies to make it seem more believable. I believe she planned on just killing him with one shot to the head in the shower, no fuss, no mess and her plan failed and she had to resort to the knife. That is what psychopaths do anyway is weave some truth into their lies. This is just my opinion anyway.

Listen to the ME report. If this was true, there would have been more blood. Also the ME said the bullet did hit the brain and if he was shot first,he would have gone down and would have been incapacitated and there would not be any defensive wounds.

Alyce In Wonderland's Spew, As Told To Her From The Manslayer's Lips:

13:42:30 Well when Jodi was in second, third grade, she told her dad that she had a crush on a little boy, and they drove by park and her dad rolled the window down and screamed at the little boy “you want my daughter, I’m going to go home and get my toy,” which was a gun. That he would talk about Jodi’s body, he would talk about her *advertiser censored* being too small, that her friend had a smaller booty than she did. I think sort of sexually inappropriate comments to your daughter. That’s the way I would see it. And just kind of things like hanging a picture of Jodi’s mother up when she was thinner, when she had gained weight, the sort of less overt, more covert kinds of statements that you’re too heavy.

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com...rder-trial-rough-notes-from-todays-testimony/

For me, this testimony literally sickened me. I lost my wonderful Dad last year, and there isn't a day that goes by that something doesn't remind me of him. I would give anything to hear his voice, or feel his hugs once more. He was 54 when he got hit by a drunk driver while he was on his way home from work. My heart aches each and every day, but I know my Mom's pain has to be worse. For JA to stoop this low is beyond my realm of thinking, and I pray she begs for his forgiveness. She not only tried to portray Travis as a sexual deviant, she included her dad. She is dispicable. I hope they give her a death sentence, as LWOP is too easy for her.

I apologize for this being somewhat OT, but if I could hate anyone, it would be her.

I wonder if there are any organized groups with metal detectors looking for the gun. I think she got rid of a bag with the gun, knife, socks, clothes, and the missing car mats from the car she rented. Its must be buried somewhere off the beaten path or at the bottom of a lake. She traveled over 2800 miles. Could that trip also have included Crater Lake? That was the next place she wated to go to with Travis. Maybe that was where she got rid of a bag. The lake is over 1000 feet deep. This area is North of Yreka. Its possible she drove around with these items in her trunk until she was ready to get rid of it. Thats my gut speaking. If she was sloppy or in a rush to get rid of these items, they would have been found.

I'll have to see if I can find the video. When JA was on the stand, and just before JM brought up the Tesoro purchases, he showed two receipts for cash deposits - to 2 different bank accounts (one of the accounts, based on the balance, was overdrawn at the time of the deposit) and asked if they were her accounts. I thought they were Chase (I know Chase bought out WaMu). Anyway, I thought the dates on those were either June 3 or June 5 . I need to find the video for that day to refresh my memory.

Ok, it was June 3 in Monterey. Found the info, thanks to another wser post on another thread:

States Exhibit #237.005, WaMu Monterey CA, 6/03/08 10:10, Deposit $400.00 Acct Bal $548.65 Avail Bal $548.65, ACCT #8006

States Exhibit #237.006, WaMu Monterey CA, 6/03/08 10:11, Deposit $300.00 Acct Bal $240.43 Avail Bal $207.43, ACCT #7148

States Exhibit #237.007, WaMu Monterey CA, 6/03/08 10:15, Deposit $100.00, ACCT #7148

So my question now is, why go on the trip at all if she presumably had to borrow $800 from people to go - especially since it looks like acct #7148 had been overdrawn before the deposit, based on the balance? To me, that looks more like premeditation that she was going to beg, borrow or steal in order to get to Travis....

Alyce In Wonderland's Spew, As Told To Her From The Manslayer's Lips:

13:42:30 Well when Jodi was in second, third grade, she told her dad that she had a crush on a little boy, and they drove by park and her dad rolled the window down and screamed at the little boy “you want my daughter, I’m going to go home and get my toy,” which was a gun. That he would talk about Jodi’s body, he would talk about her *advertiser censored* being too small, that her friend had a smaller booty than she did. I think sort of sexually inappropriate comments to your daughter. That’s the way I would see it. And just kind of things like hanging a picture of Jodi’s mother up when she was thinner, when she had gained weight, the sort of less overt, more covert kinds of statements that you’re too heavy.

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com...rder-trial-rough-notes-from-todays-testimony/

For me, this testimony literally sickened me. I lost my wonderful Dad last year, and there isn't a day that goes by that something doesn't remind me of him. I would give anything to hear his voice, or feel his hugs once more. He was 54 when he got hit by a drunk driver while he was on his way home from work. My heart aches each and every day, but I know my Mom's pain has to be worse. For JA to stoop this low is beyond my realm of thinking, and I pray she begs for his forgiveness. She not only tried to portray Travis as a sexual deviant, she included her dad. She is dispicable. I hope they give her a death sentence, as LWOP is too easy for her.

I apologize for this being somewhat OT, but if I could hate anyone, it would be her.
I have serious doubts about anything that comes out of Jodi's mouth. I am reminded of Baez blaming c Anthony's dad of abuse. I don't trust anything Jodie says.

The only deposits I know of are the those made to WaMu in Salinas. I didn't know she'd also made deposits into an account at Chase Bank.

Several of us have been wondering where she got the extra $$. There was a guy on Dr. Drew who lives in Big Sur and said he had loaned ja $$ for her trip. We think that is where she got the $$ to deposit in Salinas.
I can't remember the amount, but 300.00 comes to mind.

did the roomates pay their rent to travis for june? if they did,where is it,,i hope jm looked at travis bank statement,,withdraws from ta account,,deposit in ja

I was thinking about this the other day. I hope the jury realizes this. Jodi had so many opportunities in her version to get away. With Travis in the position he was in, as soon as she saw him getting up with that mean look in his eyes that she talks about, all she had to do was run down the hall, out the door down the stairs and out the door. I hope the jury also realizes that the stairs leads directly out the front door. I mean it's a straight shot. There was nothing stopping her from going this way. Running down the hall, in the closet, and back into the bathroom makes no sense, especially because he's having trouble catching her. Martinez said it best, she is the one that escalated the situation. There was no reason to believe he was trying to kill her. He was just chasing her and she was the one that reached for the gun and shot him.

In the end, the story is stupid. I hope the jury throws it out and just looks at the evidence at hand. I am really hoping.
The story goes beyond stupid when one knows that the man supposedly chasing her is naked. There is no way he would have chased her down the stairs and out of the house naked.

Maybe even in the heat of the moment, she still was looking out for his reputation?

My tongue is very much in cheek.

ooppss.

moo

I have serious doubts about anything that comes out of Jodi's mouth. I am reminded of Baez blaming c Anthony's dad of abuse. I don't trust anything Jodie says.

No kidding...once you think she might say even one thing that could be believed, something comes in to show you that even THAT was a lie. It's all just got to be considered lies, start to finish.

Originally Posted by Kaddy Wonders View Post
JM showed the gunshot to be last under cross. When he showed the hall-dragging picture he asked her,"You didn't have the camera with you when you shot him, right?" (That's right.) "So this (sliced-throat dragging) needed to have happened before you shot him, right?" Answer: "THAT'S CORRECT."

I did not catch that. Do you know what day the cross was????

I don't. But I recorded that part and just watched it again. It is word for word.

I wonder if there are any organized groups with metal detectors looking for the gun. I think she got rid of a bag with the gun, knife, socks, clothes, and the missing car mats from the car she rented. Its must be buried somewhere off the beaten path or at the bottom of a lake. She traveled over 2800 miles. Could that trip also have included Crater Lake? That was the next place she wated to go to with Travis. Maybe that was where she got rid of a bag. The lake is over 1000 feet deep. This area is North of Yreka. Its possible she drove around with these items in her trunk until she was ready to get rid of it. Thats my gut speaking. If she was sloppy or in a rush to get rid of these items, they would have been found.

i think she dumped it at a campground,someplace where she would not be out of place if seen,,,most camp grounds have showers also

This cannot be lost on the Jury can it? They MUST be noticing the absence of emotions to and from Arias and her Mother??? This is VERY telling and I was just wondering if this might impact the Jury in any way?
Neither can the fact that in 18 days of testimony she "broke down" three times' twice very briefly and unconvincingly and the third, hiding behind her hair and hands without a tear in sight...Just a couple of kleenex's dabbing and pinching her nose.

A very, very cold person who is not even very good at faking real emotion no matter how much she has tried.

moo

Hi all,
I'm newly-registered here and wanted to thank everyone for all of the info that has been posted. Watching the trial allows me to learn about the justice system and the law, however watching this forum allows me to learn that intelligent, passionate and thoughtful people exist in numbers far greater than cold-blooded sociopaths. What warms me the most is how you all support each other; be it in your views on this case as well as what is going on far beyond the courthouse.
So again, thanks for doing what you've been doing and I hope to be able to keep up!

i think she dumped it at a campground,someplace where she would not be out of place if seen,,,most camp grounds have showers also

The rental car guy said the car she rented had a strong smoke smell when she returned it. She likely burned them and guarded them as they burned. One of those metal trash cans found at campgrounds would have worked well for that if nobody else was there.

:gasp: I did not think that, thanks!

Also, I am going to have to go back days? What is this about you moving? Is that one reason dad is there?

Also, what is up with housing efforts for the family? Still sending cards and what I can to the family through the Samantha address you shared, and elephant reference and pnotos in each one of them!

No we just got a second home in Sedona AZ. :) My dad is here cuz my brother is still in the hospital. :(

still working on housing efforts...last I heard that a good lead on something closer to the courthouse than the one I passed along. Also working on a project to get them rooms in a nearby hotel during verdict watch so they will be close (walking distance).

Thank you for sending to the address! I know all of this means so much to them, emotionally as well as financially. And it feels good to give too doesn't it? Win/win!

Random rant: I believe these jurors are going to base the bulk of their decision their own perceptions of JA as opposed to what experts have to say about her.

She has already lied to this jury under oath in answering jury questions.Thus, her credibility is zilch, and at that point, who cares what an "expert" has to say about her "actions" or "state of mind?"

IMO, these jurors don't need a middle man to decipher JA's motives, psyche, etc. They can figure that out for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiphasGrace