AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't looked through all the threads yet, but has the 911 call(s) been posted yet? I found a video on YouTube, but I don't know if I'm allowed to post it.

Living down the street from the Celis family, I would just like to say that by my observation, they are a close family, and the boys get along very well with their parents. Excepting the tragic disappearance of their younger sister, I think most observers would comment the exact opposite of the quoted post. Rather than "poor boys", I have always thought they were lucky boys to have so involved a father and mother. Both before and after Isabel's disappearance.

Sergio and his boys are active together and everyone on our street is familiar with their interactions

They are active dirt bicycle riders and spend alot of time together in the evenings and weekends working on the track in the neighborhood and riding together. As well, they garden together, practice baseball together, and just generally seem to be very close knit. These activities have taken place in full view of the entire street, on a daily basis, for years. The children have never seemed apprehensive of either parent. They laugh, they talk, they smile. This is not an act, it's their day to day life.

The reactions by the internet are based on a few brief moments in time. Very stressful and terrible moments in time.

By all observation within our community, they are a loving family. Their house is still adorned with banners and posters. Isabel's picture is still on bus benches and her fliers are in windows all over town.

The criticism and suspicion I've heard about the Celis family all comes from a distance. No one that I know who is in the area or lives of the family thinks they had any involvement in the disappearance of their daughter.

I have read alot about them, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm just sharing my observations, from having seen them on a day to day basis for the last several years.

There is NO evidence so far of any involvement. It is true that when things like this happen often a close relative is involved. However judgment should be reserved for when an arrest is made or there is actual proof of parent involvement IMO.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

There is NO evidence so far of any involvement. It is true that when things like this happen often a close relative is involved. However judgment should be reserved for when an arrest is made or there is actual proof of parent involvement IMO.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Do you think the Ramsey's were innocent?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

IMO, I don't believe the Celis's are guilty. Nor do I believe anyone else in the family is involved. I strongly believe she was abducted by a sexual predator. I have seen nothing to convince me that the parents/JM had anything to do with the disappearance of Isabel. I'm also coming into this case a year late, and I haven't caught up yet, but what I have seen so far makes me think this was a pedophile that did this.

I can usually tell when the parents are guilty of murdering or doing something to their child(ren). Right now, I don't get that feeling from the Celis's.

Also wanted to add that I think Isabel might have been taken to Mexico. Not necessarily because of drugs or trafficking, though. Tucson isn't very far from Mexico and since you don't need passports/ID to enter Mexico, it just seems a likely place for someone to take a child. Her body could have possibly been dumped there, too. Less chance of LE searching there right away, and by the time they realize Isabel may be in Mexico, her body will either be decomposed or eaten by scavengers. I hope against all odds that she will be found alive, but almost 1 year later, I am thinking that will not be the case.

If this has been discussed in earlier threads, then just ignore me over here, lol.

I mentioned Isabel's case to my grandparent's today and when I told them she's from Tucson and she was apparently abducted from her room during the night, they both immediately said she's going to be in Mexico. My grandparents know the area of Tucson and surrounding towns/border towns fairly well (since they live in one) and kidnappings are common in that area of AZ. Although, that is probably because of the cartels and stuff, and I don't believe Isabel's disappearance is related to that at all. I just thought it was interesting that my grandparents automatically jumped to Isabel being in Mexico from me mentioning where she lives and the circumstances surrounding her disappearance.

All of this is just MOO.

Check this out: SanDiego, CA is 100 miles from Tucson, AZ - Same MO
Is the <modsnip> (CA) abduction & Isabel Celis (AZ) abduction related?

http://www.lapdblog.org/

A suspect in the kidnapping of <modsnip> has been apprehended, but another is still at large -- as far as reports are indicating...
Tobias Dustin Summers, 30, remains at large but a 29-year-old by the name of Daniel Martinez has been arrested on suspicion of the crimes.

LAPD/F.B.I. Seek Public&#8217;s Help Locating Child Kidnapping Suspect
Los Angeles: The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Robbery Homicide Division and the Federal Bureau of Investigation are asking for the public&#8217;s help in locating 30-year-old Tobias Dustin Summers.

Summers is wanted in connection with the kidnapping of a 10-year-old girl from the Northridge Area. He is described as a male White, 160 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes. Summers is described as having close cropped hair.
Below is the release associated with this suspect:

On Wednesday, March 27, 2013 around 1 a.m., a 10-year-old girl was last seen by her mother in bed at their residence in the 8000 block of Oakdale Avenue in the Northridge area. Around 3:30 a.m., the girl&#8217;s mother went to check on her and discovered that she was missing.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...issing-ariz-girl-was-abducted-police-confirm/

CBS/AP) PHOENIX - Police investigating the disappearance of 6-year-old Arizona girl Isabel Mercedes Celis confirmed Tuesday they believe she was abducted.
Pictures: 6-year-old vanishes from Arizona home

Investigators have searched the girl's Tucson, Ariz., home, interviewed more than 500 sex offenders and waded through 1,000-plus tips. So far, they haven't named a suspect.
Police previously characterized the case as a "suspicious disappearance/possible abduction."

Check this out: SanDiego, CA is 100 miles from Tucson, AZ - Same MO
Is the <modsnip> (CA) abduction & Isabel Celis (AZ) abduction related?

http://www.lapdblog.org/

A suspect in the kidnapping of <modsnip> has been apprehended, but another is still at large -- as far as reports are indicating...
Tobias Dustin Summers, 30, remains at large but a 29-year-old by the name of Daniel Martinez has been arrested on suspicion of the crimes.

LAPD/F.B.I. Seek Public&#8217;s Help Locating Child Kidnapping Suspect
Los Angeles: The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Robbery Homicide Division and the Federal Bureau of Investigation are asking for the public&#8217;s help in locating 30-year-old Tobias Dustin Summers.

Summers is wanted in connection with the kidnapping of a 10-year-old girl from the Northridge Area. He is described as a male White, 160 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes. Summers is described as having close cropped hair.
Below is the release associated with this suspect:

On Wednesday, March 27, 2013 around 1 a.m., a 10-year-old girl was last seen by her mother in bed at their residence in the 8000 block of Oakdale Avenue in the Northridge area. Around 3:30 a.m., the girl&#8217;s mother went to check on her and discovered that she was missing.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...issing-ariz-girl-was-abducted-police-confirm/

CBS/AP) PHOENIX - Police investigating the disappearance of 6-year-old Arizona girl Isabel Mercedes Celis confirmed Tuesday they believe she was abducted.
Pictures: 6-year-old vanishes from Arizona home

Investigators have searched the girl's Tucson, Ariz., home, interviewed more than 500 sex offenders and waded through 1,000-plus tips. So far, they haven't named a suspect.
Police previously characterized the case as a "suspicious disappearance/possible abduction."

Wow. Is it possible? I do believe the suspects in CA are likely to have committed similar crimes in the past. Summers has previous arrests for kidnapping and child annoyance.
Entering a home and taking a child is so brazen, risky and horrible. They must have watched the CA home to learn how to enter and where the child's bedroom was located. Wonder if these suspects will look familiar to any of the Celis's neighbors?

Wow. Is it possible? I do believe the suspects in CA are likely to have committed similar crimes in the past. Summers has previous arrests for kidnapping and child annoyance.
Entering a home and taking a child is so brazen, risky and horrible. They must have watched the CA home to learn how to enter and where the child's bedroom was located. Wonder if these suspects will look familiar to any of the Celis's neighbors?

RE: Entering a home and taking a child is so brazen, risky and horrible.

Yes it is very brazen and this MO very rare, K.jill. Combine this with the recidivism of child sexual predators and a link is plausible, imo...

Hopefully the other suspect in the SanDiego, CA child abduction; Tobias D. Summers, will be apprehended and the Celis family will get some answers....

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/...morning-of-girls-disappearance-149181685.html
Neighbor Alicia Stardevant lives next door to the family's home; a wall separates her bedroom from Isabel's. On Saturday she woke up to noises outside her window.

"I noticed two male voices outside my bedroom window and I also noticed their dogs just going crazy, too," Stardevant said. "I didn't really think anything of it because it was light outside and I thought maybe someone was going for a walk."

I hope these two incidents are related. At least that way, it would give the Celis' some answers over what happened to Isabel.

The Cheese, how accurate is the criminal background record of Summer's?

The suspect, Tobias Dustin Summers, 30, is a parolee with prior convictions, including possession of explosives, dating back to 2001, when he turned 18 years old, according to police and court records.

Albanese described Summers as a parolee who was under the supervision of the Los Angeles County Department of Probation.

He was reportedly released from custody in July of 2012 under the state's prison realignment program, known as A.B. 109.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=9047532

The car was parked in front of a Gilmore Street home known to be one of Summers' last known addresses. Summers also lived in a Reseda townhome with his mother about a year ago.

http://www.shouselaw.com/realignment.html

(snipped-read more)
1. What is realignment AB 109 in California?
Realignment describes a process of significant change in the California criminal justice system. Realignment AB 109 transfers responsibility for supervising certain kinds of felony offenders and state prison parolees from state prisons and state parole agents to county jails and probation officers.

Realignment came about in early 2011 through enactment of California Assembly Bill 109. Realignment AB 109 legislation was then "tweaked" by a series of other laws including AB 116, AB 117, and AB 118.

Realignment AB 109 was enacted against the backdrop of a severely overcrowded California state prison system, but the statute says it was enacted to combat recidivism and not because of overcrowding.2

This new sentencing scheme applies to anyone sentenced on or after
October 1, 2011.

As a result of realignment AB 109 in California:

Realignment AB 109 in California amended about 500 criminal statutes to eliminate the possibility of state prison time. The law amended all kinds of California Codes including the California Penal Code, California Health & Safety Code and California Vehicle Code.

If you are convicted of a realignment offense, and are not disqualified from realignment as discussed in Section 4 below, you won't face time in state prison. Instead you will be sentenced in accordance with California Penal Code Section 1170(h), which means you will spend time in county jail and/or under out-of-custody mandatory supervision.

The Cheese, how accurate is the criminal background record of Summer's?

The suspect, Tobias Dustin Summers, 30, is a parolee with prior convictions, including possession of explosives, dating back to 2001, when he turned 18 years old, according to police and court records.

Albanese described Summers as a parolee who was under the supervision of the Los Angeles County Department of Probation.

He was reportedly released from custody in July of 2012 under the state's prison realignment program, known as A.B. 109.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=9047532

The car was parked in front of a Gilmore Street home known to be one of Summers' last known addresses. Summers also lived in a Reseda townhome with his mother about a year ago.

I said "looks like" in my post, because I'm admittedly biased against reporting today. I prefer in these cases to get my info right from LE, or directly from court records, etc.

I just thought I'd give a heads up to something I noticed that people might want to keep an eye on as more info comes out in the little Northridge girl's case.

Originally Posted by The Cheese
Looks like Summers was in prison at the time Isabel was abducted
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA -10 year old girl , Northridge, 27 March 2013 - Kidnapping suspected *1 Arrested*

I agree about today's msm reporting.. I am also a little skeptical concerning CA's police & court records..

I interpreted your statement as; It Looks like Summers was in prison at the time Isabel Celis was abducted and couldn't possibly be responsible...

Guess, I misinterpreted your meaning, The Cheese.

Interesting article on Serial Offending and Recidivism

http://www.middlebury.edu/media/view...toryNature.pdf

Serial Offending and Recidivism
Perhaps the most sobering data that have emerged from the study of
incarcerated rapists are the sheer numbers of victims attacked by the average
rapist. Most rapists who are prosecuted are convicted on a single count of rape.
However, when researchers have granted immunity to offenders in exchange for a truthful accounting of their sex offending history the reality of rape emerges. In
one study, the average number of victims for each rapist was seven, and in
another study it was 11.

Offenders tend to have very lengthy offending
careers, beginning in adolescence and often spanning several decades. By the
time they are captured &#8211; if they are captured &#8211; they have often victimized scores
or even hundred&#8217;s of individuals.

These categorizations have rested on the assumption that these choices of victims
were stable, even fixed characteristics of the offenders. However, the labeling of
an offender as either a rapist, a child molester, or an incest offender has typically
been based on nothing more than what the offender was convicted of.

The reality turns out to be far murkier. There is now substantial evidence
for considerable &#8220;crossover&#8221; among these categories. So much so, in fact, that it is
questionable whether it is advisable to apply specific victim-category labels to an
offender.

Multiple studies have now documented that between 33% and 66% of
rapists have also sexually attacked children; that up to 82% of child molesters
have also sexually attacked adults; and that between 50% and 66% of incest
offenders have also sexually attacked children outside their families.

Living down the street from the Celis family, I would just like to say that by my observation, they are a close family, and the boys get along very well with their parents. Excepting the tragic disappearance of their younger sister, I think most observers would comment the exact opposite of the quoted post. Rather than "poor boys", I have always thought they were lucky boys to have so involved a father and mother. Both before and after Isabel's disappearance.

Sergio and his boys are active together and everyone on our street is familiar with their interactions

They are active dirt bicycle riders and spend alot of time together in the evenings and weekends working on the track in the neighborhood and riding together. As well, they garden together, practice baseball together, and just generally seem to be very close knit. These activities have taken place in full view of the entire street, on a daily basis, for years. The children have never seemed apprehensive of either parent. They laugh, they talk, they smile. This is not an act, it's their day to day life.

The reactions by the internet are based on a few brief moments in time. Very stressful and terrible moments in time.

By all observation within our community, they are a loving family. Their house is still adorned with banners and posters. Isabel's picture is still on bus benches and her fliers are in windows all over town.

The criticism and suspicion I've heard about the Celis family all comes from a distance. No one that I know who is in the area or lives of the family thinks they had any involvement in the disappearance of their daughter.

I have read alot about them, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm just sharing my observations, from having seen them on a day to day basis for the last several years.

What are the locals thoughts about what happened?

My experiences regarding the abduction of Isabel have primarily left me with the impression that internet discussion of missing children is where reason and accountability go to die, and speculation and disinformation thrive.

I would like to commend the websleuths community for demonstrating that this is not necessarily universal. I can appreciate the deductive reasoning and critical thinking and hesitation to jump to conclusions and speculation.

This is pretty close.

The Celis boy rang my doorbell. Sergio and his two boys were going door to door. At that point, there was one police car on our street (I think, possibly two) and I saw one officer knocking on the door across the street.

I talked to Sergio for a moment. Then I dressed and left to look through the wash. I took the Jetta because our other vehicle (a Taurus) had a blown headgasket and was barely driveable. Enough to get me to work, but for everything else we were using the Jetta. In both cars, I keep flashlights, water, blankets, etc.

When I reached the park, I remembered the tunnels to the north, so I grabbed the flashlight.

In the wash, I encountered a man sleeping, who I seem to have wakened. He was carrying a backpack, wearing a hat, and wearing a shirt that read "Affordable Auto Sales" on the front lapel. I suspect this is the same man Mr. Lutlzenburger reported, but I don't know that. I called home and told Alicia about him. He appeared vagrant. During my walk, I found the bedding described in the document dump. I thought they were curtains. They were very fresh in a dirty wash and seemed unusual.

Toward the end of the wash, I flagged down a motorcycle cop. When I started to describe the bedding and the man, the officer said "That's great, but I'm looking for a little girl right now." At which point I told him "I know, that's why I'm telling you this."

At that point, he listened to what I had to say and then rode off. He couldn't have seemed less interested.

When I reached the park, I saw a squad car. I approached it and told him that I'd already told the other cop about it. He never left his car, he smiled and said thanks. I had been walking in the sun for a couple of hours, I was hot, hungry and thirsty.

When I returned to my house, it was a different scene than I'd left that morning. There were numerous squad cars. I saw what was obviously a detective walking down the street. I approached him and again reported what I'd seen. Maybe 30 minutes later, he came to my house with his partner and I rode along with them and showed them the bedding, then they interviewed me and left.

Later, the dog handler came by and asked to see my shoes. I offered them to him, but he declined. They are just sneakers, Saucony. I don't own any Wolverines (or whatever the boots in the doc dumps are).

Later they came by and asked to look through the back yard. They were looking through both of my neighbor's yards as well. I offered to have them look through the house but they declined. Then maybe an hour later, they served the warrant and interviewed Alicia and I. They told us the dog hit on our front yard. I don't know if it was the same dog that searched the wash, and I don't know the ins and outs of dog sniffing. It seems normal that a dog that smelled me in a wash all day might have hit on my house. I really don't care. They should have torn our neighborhood apart that day, if they'd have wanted to dig up my floorboards or knock down my walls, I'd have let them. No stone should be left unturned. I think TPD felt bad about both the way my name has been handled in the doc dump, and the way they served the warrant despite my repeated cooperation and volunteering, which is why they wrote me the letter. I told them the night they served the warrant "You can do whatever you need with my consent, I'm an innocent person and I am counting on you do your jobs. I need you to prove that." They've told me that I'm not a suspect, the told me that night after searching my house. I understand they can't say that publicly, and have no problem with it. I offered them my phone, my computer, my clothes, etc. The warrant only covered the house, so they accepted my consent (which they hadn't asked for, I just offered it). They did whatever they did to the cars and house, and took the phone, shorts (I think, maybe a shirt) and computer. I got the computer and phone back a few weeks later.

I'm explaining all of this here because, as I said, I appreciate the critical thinking displayed.

I think that my situation is a helpful example of the pitfalls of speculation without information. The document dump has very little information about that morning. And the omission of some of that information is taken by many on the internet to be a lack of information. In fact, it's likely the opposite. I chose not to disclose the man I encountered or the bedding for quite a while because I felt that details about those two things were specifically withheld in the doc dumps by TPD. It's difficult to defend yourself while simultaneously refusing to discuss pertinent information. But that's what I did in the past.

Everything I've discussed here is known by TPD, including much more that isn't released. TPD knows my timeline, my alibi etc. All of the questions that I've heard posed on the the internet regarding me and this investigation were answered sufficiently by TPD on the day of the abduction.

I had a hard time with this previously, as the discussion about it was with irrational, sensationalist, intellectually dishonest people. My introduction to the internet as it relates to Isabel's abduction began with a libelous article and interview by a blogger, and I didn't take well to it. TPD served the warrant with a SWAT team. Between that and the libelous accusations and speculations of internet lunatics, I have a hard time not letting my emotions become involved in any discussion about it.

But here I am. I feel that until Isabel's return or the resolution of this investigation, my name will forever be smeared on the internet. So I continue to defend myself. I've seen some pretty ridiculous things in these threads, but I'm not here to fight with anyone or call anyone names, so I simply won't comment on them directly.

To summarize some of the key things people in this thread and along the internet have found suspicious about me :

1. I abruptly ended my conversation with the officer. I did in fact, pretty abruptly say "I'm hungry, I'm going home." or something to that effect. I approached LE voluntarily three times that morning. Nothing suspicious about that.

2. I was seen loitering by Mr. Lultzenburger. This is a clear misrepresentation of the information in the doc dumps. He did not identify me. I was not that man.

3. I was in the vicinity of discovered bedding. I reported the bedding. That in and of itself might seem suspicious I guess.

4. I was walking around in the middle of the morning with a flashlight. Both my cars have flashlights. I decided to search the tunnels so I grabbed one. I also grabbed a gun before I left my house. I don't see that carrying a firearm and flashlight when searching for a child you were just told was "kidnapped" is suspicious, but who knows.

5. I took the Jetta. It was the primary car for the household. I own both cars, they're both mine. (I have actually sold the Taurus and bought a Camry and gave the Jetta to my brother. Someone in this thread said I owned a truck, which I didn't at the time, but do now).

6. A warrant was served at my house. According to PIO Sgt. Maria Hawke, numerous houses were served in that 48 hour period, with the SWAT team. As I said, I understand. No stone unturned. I wish they'd have just said "Yes." when I asked them several times "Do you want to search my house?" But TPD has apologized to me personally and publicly acknowledged my good citizenship as it regards to this. We all make mistakes, owning up to them and making amends is good enough for me, no need to hold a grudge. I think a libelous internet blogger could learn a lesson there.

I quickly left my house to help search. This is unusual, it seems. A few of my neighbors did as well, but I think most just stood in their front yards or went back into their houses. My neighbor and his boys were searching for their sister/daughter. One of the boys had just collapsed in my front yard in tears. While it seems unusual I guess that I left to search, it seems alien to me to NOT want to help. I guess that's a personal matter for each and everyone of us. But I simply couldn't walk inside and eat breakfast and say "Well, good luck with all that." after a little boy just told me "My sister was kidnapped last night and I'm trying to find her."

If websleuths members have additional questions about anything they think is suspicious, I will entertain addressing those as well.

As I haven't seen it posted, I'm including the letter that TPD sent me. They sent it specifically after I e-mailed links to the libelous blog article and interview, it's the direct reaction of TPD to that libel. They are obviously mum about much of this investigation, so this is the best they could or would do. I think it's sufficient.

letter.jpg

I have read that it's unusual that I continue to defend myself on the internet. The internet doesn't end. This stuff lingers. If you google my name, libel and speculation and misrepresentations of the truth are the top hits. I don't think it's unusual at all to want to put the truth out there, so that if people find this stuff, my side will be told right there along side it.

I challenge any of you to wake up one morning and find your name spread across the internet as a possible child abductor and do differently.

Thats not right!! See how the media could just mess up your life. I hope it all works out for you sir.

What are the locals thoughts about what happened?

I can only really speak for myself, speaking for others is basically gossip.

I believe the Celis family that they woke up and Isabel was gone. I haven't seen any evidence beyond that indicating what might have happened, so I can simply say I think she was abducted. I frankly don't know how anyone can think otherwise. The only thing to base an alternate opinion on is "gut", and without being significantly closer to the family and investigation, I think that's worthless. Even so, my "gut" tells me they are a close and loving family who have suffered a tragedy. And so does the evidence.

I can tell you that the conversations with my neighbors have left me with the impression they think the same as I do. But again, they can speak for themselves.

Thats not right!! See how the media could just mess up your life. I hope it all works out for you sir.

No legitimate media outlet or journalist had any hand in the smearing of my name. Only an irresponsible internet crime profiteer.

Still, thank you for the sentiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members