Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just highlighting 7 cases of kidnap victims who were found alive at some point later.

Thanks - I thought they meant seven got away from Castro.

Aside from the seriousness of, and the law regarding neglected medical treatment and neglected schooling, and aside from this innocent child being a result of rape, is it not a very serious crime not to declare the birth and existence of a person in the first place?

One of the cable news channels this morning stated that there is a connection to the other missing girl (Ashley?) because one of the phone numbers checked on her phone or calls made to her family's phone came back to the name Castro. Is there a link to this info somewhere that explains what they were referring to? TIA

I posted this in Ashley's thread...

sniped from Article...

Debrah Summers said that her sister, Jennifer, received a chilling call from someone she believed was Ashley a month after her disappearance.

“I’m okay,” the girl on the other end of the line said before hanging up.

Jennifer immediately contacted the FBI, who then scoured phone records and asked her which numbers she didn’t recognize.

Debrah Summers recalled that Jennifer noted one number that corresponded to a Castro — though she didn’t think anything of it because a cousin was dating someone with the last name of Castro.

Now, in hindsight, the chilling detail has Debrah Summers’ mind racing. Jennifer, she said, has contacted the FBI, but has yet to receive any information.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-connect-case-article-1.1337974#ixzz2SocoJk4J

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...under-fire-for-telling-amanda-berrys-mom-was/

We’re told that Sherry Cole, Amanda Berry's cousin, also reached out to Browne on Wednesday to offer support.

“Our family in no way blames Sylvia. This doesn’t change anything. We still love her and believe in her,” Cole stated, according to Browne’s team.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-telling-amanda-berrys-mom-was/#ixzz2SoaymnZh

No wonder Sylvia has made so much money. How could they possibly belive her? She couldn't be more wrong about Amanda. Amanda's mother was devastated when Sylvia told her on Montel Williams show that Amanda was dead. There are articles about how devastated the mother was.

The way I read that article, it hints that the girls lied about the step fathers abuse and were given extravagant gifts as a reward. That they were under his control.

According to the article, Castro was manipulating and rewarding his daughters with extravagant gifts to get them to falsely accuse their step-father of abuse. It appears Castro waged a years long campaign to put his ex-wife's new husband in LE's crosshairs as the one who kidnapped Berry & DeJesus.

This guy is a real piece of work, diabolical. First he kidnaps the daughters of his friends, then he tries to frame others in his community, using his own daughters to do the deed. I can't wait to read the psych reports on this guy.

It has been said the Castro is cooperating with LE and that he waived his rights. IMO Of Course he is cooperating - he was caught red handed - he has no choice. BUT that doesn't mean he is being truthful. He would tell the truth about the 3 that were rescued but why should he be forthcoming about possible other abductions they have no evidence of? To me it doesn't mean these were the only ones. IMO.

No wonder Sylvia has made so much money. How could they possibly belive her? She couldn't be more wrong about Amanda. Amanda's mother was devastated when Sylvia told her on Montel Williams show that Amanda was dead. There are articles about how devastated the mother was.

Right I don't believe her, have you seen the information on wikipedia about her. I think she takes advantage of people and there hard earned money. I was watching a youtube video this family, had lost there daughter and she tells the parents there daughter was shot. But there was no signs of her being shot. If I remember correctly she had just collapsed in the home. Heres a peice from the wikipedia
Browne is the head of the Sylvia Browne Corporation and Sylvia Browne Enterprises. In 1986, she founded a Campbell, California church known as the Society of Novus Spiritus. In a 2010 interview, Linda Rossi, Browne's business manager, told KMOV-TV that Browne's businesses earn $3 million a year.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvia_Browne"]Sylvia Browne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

It has been said the Castro is cooperating with LE and that he waived his rights. IMO Of Course he is cooperating - he was caught red handed - he has no choice. BUT that doesn't mean he is being truthful. He would tell the truth about the 3 that were rescued but why should he be forthcoming about possible other abductions they have no evidence of? To me it doesn't mean these were the only ones. IMO.

Yes, of course. I am sure authorities realize that. Especially IF abducted woman was killed-that could move it into a death penalty case.
But no evidence was found so far.
And three women is already hard for one man to control.

Are we seriously trying to make this a vaccination and homeschooling debate? ACs crimes are much more serious than a slap on the wrist by not having a 6 y/o enrolled in an education program. Can we make this about what it is and leave the vaxing and schooling debate out?

Are we seriously trying to make this a vaccination and homeschooling debate? ACs crimes are much more serious than a slap on the wrist by not having a 6 y/o enrolled in an education program. Can we make this about what it is and leave the vaxing and schooling debate out?

I was basically saying the same- all these infractions, if they are infractions, would be wrist slaps. The DA is interested in bigger fish. Let's not waste taxpayer money charging an armed robber with speeding as he left a crime scene, you know?

I posted this in Ashley's thread...

sniped from Article...

Debrah Summers said that her sister, Jennifer, received a chilling call from someone she believed was Ashley a month after her disappearance.

“I’m okay,” the girl on the other end of the line said before hanging up.

Jennifer immediately contacted the FBI, who then scoured phone records and asked her which numbers she didn’t recognize.

Debrah Summers recalled that Jennifer noted one number that corresponded to a Castro — though she didn’t think anything of it because a cousin was dating someone with the last name of Castro.

Now, in hindsight, the chilling detail has Debrah Summers’ mind racing. Jennifer, she said, has contacted the FBI, but has yet to receive any information.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-connect-case-article-1.1337974#ixzz2SocoJk4J

I have a suspicion that the Rest in Peace on the wall might have been for her.

But none of the girls has said anything about it, at least we haven't heard anything.

Well, hopefully the monster will plead guilty get a couple life sentences and drop dead in the next couple of years. Personally I don't want to hear or ever see him again.
Be kind in your words about the victims as the internet is available to everyone. imo

Some of the few relatives that had been inside his home talked about padlocks on the basement, attic and garage. I have seen plenty of padlocks on people's garages, as they often store tools, sports equipment, etc in there. But who padlocks their attic and basement?

I have a feeling that Castro is cooperating because he feels that he is a victim and he wants LE to be sympathetic to his side of the story, as twisted as it is. If we ever have the opportunity to read his statement, I expect it will be all about him, about how the girls came with him willingly because they needed him, and about how well he treated them. Sure, maybe he was a bit harsh when disciplining them, but it was for their own good. Heck, they were so happy to be with him they even celebrated the anniversaries of their abductions with cake and a party. I don't believe he see's himself as a monster at all but rather as their savior.

Some of the few relatives that had been inside his home talked about padlocks on the basement, attic and garage. I have seen plenty of padlocks on people's garages, as they often store tools, sports equipment, etc in there. But who padlocks their attic and basement?

In my experience in New England where there are very old homes with steep stairs often going down to concrete floors, it's not uncommon to see padlocks on basement doors to keep young kids from falling. 100 year old basements are often treacherous! Attics I'm less sure about, but it wouldn't raise alarm bells for me to see a padlocked basement.

I have a suspicion that the Rest in Peace on the wall might have been for her.

But none of the girls has said anything about it, at least we haven't heard anything.

Ashley disappeared in 2007, five years after Michelle was abducted. If Castro was responsible for Ashley's disappearance, he didn't take her to the same house where he was holding the other 3 girls. If media reports are correct, the RIP was there long before Ashley was taken.

I have seen padlocked bedrooms, the parents rooms to keep the kids out because they were stealing from them. Long time ago though.

It doesn't sound like Castro had many visitors to his home but I'd guess that those who visited and saw the padlocks never considered the possibility that he was hiding 3 kidnapped women in the basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pgam