Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen padlocked bedrooms, the parents rooms to keep the kids out because they were stealing from them. Long time ago though.

I understand that Seymour street is in a fairly high crime area. I wouldn't be alarmed to see unused parts of a home padlocked as extra protection in case someone broke in. I would assume that the owner was either trying to protect his belongings or keep people out of dangerous or unused areas of the home. Never would I think, "Oh, that door is padlocked, there must be missing women chained behind it."

Are we seriously trying to make this a vaccination and homeschooling debate? ACs crimes are much more serious than a slap on the wrist by not having a 6 y/o enrolled in an education program. Can we make this about what it is and leave the vaxing and schooling debate out?

It's concerning me that we are actually talking about AC as having parental responsibilities here. Umm...Hello! He is a rapist. Not a father. And of course, Amanda was being held captive so she could NOT take her child to the doctor nor enroll her in school, etc.

If we start holding AC responsible for parental things, then that means he also has parental rights. I want him to have ZERO rights to Amanda's child.

Not a father. Just a rapist. :moo::moo::moo:

(And I recall last year a rapist was suing for visitation rights. Think about that. Sick!)

Some of the few relatives that had been inside his home talked about padlocks on the basement, attic and garage. I have seen plenty of padlocks on people's garages, as they often store tools, sports equipment, etc in there. But who padlocks their attic and basement?

People that have something to hide. It is so not normal.

No wonder Sylvia has made so much money. How could they possibly belive her? She couldn't be more wrong about Amanda. Amanda's mother was devastated when Sylvia told her on Montel Williams show that Amanda was dead. There are articles about how devastated the mother was.

I agree that what she "confirmed" for her killed her. I really do feel that way.

I wonder what he was going to do in reference to the pending foreclosure.

I have a feeling that Castro is cooperating because he feels that he is a victim and he wants LE to be sympathetic to his side of the story, as twisted as it is. If we ever have the opportunity to read his statement, I expect it will be all about him, about how the girls came with him willingly because they needed him, and about how well he treated them. Sure, maybe he was a bit harsh when disciplining them, but it was for their own good. Heck, they were so happy to be with him they even celebrated the anniversaries of their abductions with cake and a party. I don't believe he see's himself as a monster at all but rather as their savior.

As infuriating as the idea is, it is very true. He is a violent controlling person and he will want to control all the information LE gets.

Hate to think of what may have happened. Those girls may have got out just in a nick of time.

He owned other properties, perhaps he was going to move the girls, or maybe he planned to catch up on the tax payments before July. Many people don't pay their tax payments until they absolutely have to.

I wonder if there is any type of custodial interference AC can use against Berry . Presumably he'll be in prison forever, so surely not, right? But when other parents go to prison they are still a parent. Will she have to go to court to have his rights removed? I mean, I'm sure it would not be difficult under the circumstances, but it would be great if she didn't have to do anything except ignore him. Also surely for trial, they will use video taped statements and not make these girls face him. I sure hope so !

No. Custodial interference is a crime that is committed by a person who keeps a child away from one who has lawful custodial rights. Castro has no custodial rights.

And I doubt he will seek any. Further, if he did, I am 99% certain he would be ineligible for any rights to see the child, based on his heinous criminal conduct, as well as likely trauma it could cause the child.

Hey guys,a few questions:
Where is Michele Knight? Has she seen any family or friends?
Can anyone link me to the homecoming of Gina? It's so frustrating that articles describe it but don;t include video. TIA!!!!!

I keep wondering if other victims may have been prostitutes who weren't really being looked for or they have female bodies who haven't been id'd.

Hey guys,a few questions:
Where is Michele Knight? Has she seen any family or friends?
Can anyone link me to the homecoming of Gina? It's so frustrating that articles describe it but don;t include video. TIA!!!!!

She's still in the hospital. Some community groups that help victims of crimes are planning an event in her honor. They're reaching out to let her know they care and want to help.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/michelle_knight_to_be_honored.html#incart_river

"She is no longer forgotten. We want to let her know she is not alone and can reach out to any one of us for comfort, discussion and caring."

Knight remains at MetroHealth Medical Center in good condition, while Berry and DeJesus returned to their families' homes Wednesday.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/29...-not-to-release-info-outside-chain-of-command
"Mayor Jackson has ordered all public safety department employees to stop releasing information that is not in the required chain of command and he has told Police Chief Mike McGrath and Safety Director Marty Flask to enforce this."

I listened to Mayor Jackson's press conference a few minutes ago. He sounded very unhappy about 'leaks' regarding this case and implied that some of the information has not been true. :moo:

I agree that what she "confirmed" for her killed her. I really do feel that way.

Sylvia Browne had nothing to do with Amanda's mothers death. If you read the original thread for Amanda, you'll see a poster who started 'projectjason' comment on the mother's illness. She died as a result of pancreatitis. She also contracted a very bad bacterial infection. She was very ill.

Sylvia Browne had nothing to do with Amanda's mothers death. If you read the original thread for Amanda, you'll see a poster who started 'projectjason' comment on the mother's illness. She died as a result of pancreatitis. She also contracted a very bad bacterial infection. She was very ill.

I'm sure her broken heart didn't help things, though.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...ro-claimed-he-was-sexually-abused-as-a-child/

According to the source, Castro wrote about his whole life, saying that he was abused by his parents as a child and that he was raped by an uncle.

Castro also provided details about taking each of his alleged victims, who went missing in their teens and early 20s. The note was discovered by FBI agents searching his house this week.

Investigators inferred from the 2004-dated note that Castro was going to commit suicide. He asked in the note that all of his money be provided to each of his victims.

Thanks! I hadn't seen that article.

So how the heck was he getting supplies like diapers and whatnot into the house without anyone noticing? Have they said?

I have heard that neighbors had seen him bringing large quantities of McDonalds, but not anything else.

Why would the neighbors pay attention or be aware of what he was bringing home? He parked in the back of the house and used the back door. The house next to his, on the driveway side, is vacant - no one there to see anything. I bring groceries home, including diapers for my granddaughter. Not one of my neighbors could tell you what I buy unless they happened to see something I carried in unbagged and even then, why would they worry about it? If you saw someone carrying a package of diapers into their home would you call the police and report that you suspected abducted women, one of whom had been raped and delivered a child, were being held in the home against their will?

Maybe we need a Sylvia Brown thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member