Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Juan is the least bit worried about the jury! Keep in mind his track record.

Ok, Ok, I'll go smoke a cigarette. Just for the cause. :)

NO, No, NOooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why did I quit this past January?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I will "vape" for the cause, and ignore you enablers!!!!! :floorlaugh: mmmmmm, "Peanut Butter cup" Ejuice, yummy, and you kids have to suck stinky sticks, he, he, he!

I am regaining some confidence and faith in the jury - they have gone back and been at it for a while now. They can take as long as they want, IMO, as long as they bring back death verdict.

Wait. Really??? Do they get conjugal visits on Death Row? I know some prisons allow them for married people who have a chance to get out of prison, but I thought people w/ life sentences or on DR aren't allowed? I also thought the prisoner had to be married or living w/ the person for a certain period of time. Yuck I personally don't think conjugal visits should be allowed at all.

Only 6 states allow conjugal visits: CA, CT, NM, MS, NY, WA

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I know--all my friends are normal people with jobs, too! They know I'm a weirdo, so there's nothing to hide. :floorlaugh:

You guys reminded me yesterday I went to folks house to scan some docs..

I looked at time I said OH I got to go it's 9:15 court starts in half hour (hee hee) and that Murderess going to speak.. My Step mom put on HLN at like 9:50 I said DT still not in courtroom I should have enough time to get home before starts and left..

Last night had to go back re-scan docs (don't ask) and Step Mom says.. Yeah you left TV on & on HLN I come in here your Dad is watching that woman speak I said What are you doing? Dad said Watchin news She said No you're watchin HLN to which he jumped up said What?? Where's my FNC? <insert :panic: > that he thought the people talking weren't regulars :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

He didn't have conjugal visits....found a secluded corner in the visitation room and...

IIRC

Yep, Ted didn't have official visits. He won a lottery among the prisoners. They pooled their money and bribed the guards to let him take his wife behind the water fountain in the visitors room.

I don't know, she looked genuinely confused when he asked if bringing the T-shirts was such a good idea. :waitasec: He was great!

I love that both Troy AND Ryan asked her why she didn't say sorry for killing Travis .. that had to give her food for thought .. she thought she had, but the world said WTF :floorlaugh:

i think they very much want to reach a verdict. and hey, they haven't given up!!! it's been hours since she sent them back out and they're still working.

I agree. Just imagine the hard work they've put into this trial. They understand that a hung jury at this point means that there is very little closure for Travis' family, for the jurors themselves and for the public too.

It would be sad to watch their interviews and read their books if they have a hung jury. Sad, incomplete and unfulfilling.

I hope they deliberate with clear minds and open hearts and do the right thing here.

rule and "feeling sorry" for Jodi or her family or whoever instead of just doing their job. I hope there are strong and articulate jurors who can use the facts and jury instructions to convince that juror or jurors that they have to follow the rules as they had promised to do. It's hard for me to construct a logical argument that would have any of the mitigating factors the DT used overcoming the aggravating factor of cruelty. And none of the mitigators are in any way related to the crime so they are, of necessity, of lesser weight. In other cases, mitigators have to do with the actual crime and may have a person playing a less prominent role than another and use that as mitigation. Here, there was absolutely nothing the DT could point to that was related to the actual crime that was in any way mitigating.

I have unhappy that the DT put on no witnesses as that really inhibited what Juan could say and do in his closing. I think it was unfair that he was not allowed to argue lack of remorse and that there isn't an additional aggravating factor of maligning and disparaging the victim. The DT manipulated the process so there was a long time between VIS and deliberations. I just really hope there are serious jurors left who aren't burned out and who will take the time to walk holdouts through the facts and law so they can achieve a unanimous verdict.

This is a great post. The BBMs are mine.

The mental illness issue is bothering me also. I strongly believe that Jodi suffers from Anti-Social Personality Disorder and not Borderline. If you have never had to deal with an ASPD, it can be very confusing. They are manipulators, glib and convincing liars. Since the DT only 'admitted' to mental illness yesterday, perhaps it has affected some of the jury because they do not know the implications of this (if she is indeed ASPD). Would I be right in saying it wasn't a big issue during the trial?

It's very apparent to everyone that she's not right. However, those with ASPD only dis-improve with time. I hope at least some members of the jury understand that they are not dealing with a regular human being.

NO, No, NOooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why did I quit this past January?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I will "vape" for the cause, and ignore you enablers!!!!! :floorlaugh: mmmmmm, "Peanut Butter cup" Ejuice, yummy, and you kids have to suck stinky sticks, he, he, he!

ive been vaping for over 3 yrs lol

today when I heard hung jurors, I grabbed my ecig, my nifty joy ego and loaded her up with choco peppermint to soothe my nerves lol

Why did Steven and Samantha not say directly that they want JA to get the death penalty? Were they not allowed?

I don't think they were allowed to

But Steven's comment about not ever seeing her again was a major hint for the DP IMO

I just got an email notice that my county is under a severe thunder storm warning, so I am signing off for a while. If there is a verdict, I will be back, but I don't hold out much hope for that happening today.

It's starting to rumble outside here too.
Sky is getting creepy looking.
Severe thunderstorm warning issued here too. (same state as you are)

Once this front passes thru ... Temps will drop pretty dramatically for the next week (highs in 60's and lows in 40's)
My lawn needs the rain badly and the farmers were hit so hard last spring/summer ... 90% of cherry and also high # of apple crop were lost.
Think I'll just hunker down here ... Stay safe!

Originally Posted by slanda View Post
I'm afraid for the members of this jury should they come back with a life sentence. This is their decision to decide and their decision will affect so many lives and bear on their souls forever.

IMO their recommendation needs to be accepted by the public if they are able to come to a consensus. I honestly think at this point they are above being tainted by the news media. If they were tainted, I think they'd come back with Death five minutes into their deliberations yesterday. They will receive backlash if they do not send her to the death chamber and, to me, that is totally outrageous. Unfortunately, they have no idea the scrutiny they are about to receive. People will call and harass them like they have done to everyone that goes against what they believe.

This is the jury's case to decide. They have to live with their decision. Let them be and let them make it in peace and I hope that with what ever they (hopefully) decide, people will accept. This is the way the system works, and if people are afraid to serve on a high-profile jury for fear of retaliation, then our justice system will cease to work the way it is supposed to work.

And I know I'll be berated for this but, I believe, IMO, that the death sentence should be preserved for the most heinous of criminals. The Dahmers, Bundys, Mansons, Tsarnaevs, of this world. Even Kermit Gosnell and co., but I, do not think she should be put to death. Sorry, I don't. However, I'm not on this jury and if they decide death, then I will accept their decision.

I agree with you on bbm.

The convicted torture murderess told an interviewer that she believes in forgiveness, mercy, and second chances.

For herself that is.

But not for Travis.

St. Jodi of Arias, ever the self-deluded martyr.

She's a media star, primping for the next breathless reporter.

And Travis?

Well, he's not primping in Olivewood Cemetery.

Going for a personal record for number of games of solitaire played in one day. :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes