Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm concerned Jodi will get life and at some point down the road somehow become eligible for parole, State laws are known to change.

Completely inexcusable. Cue the sentiment for how great this jury was and everything they went through...I'll be thinking of what the Alexanders have gone through and how this bunch failed them and society. No sympathy for the jurors. No excuse for not reaching death. Someone had to have lost their nerve and had no business serving in the first place. Hope it stings when they see how they were duped by Jodi and her "real" self in the interviews.

Dear God - I'm in shock. I was soooo hoping & believing this jury could come to an agreement in the name of Justice. I don't know what to say.

Travis's poor family has already been through hell and back. Now they have to endure hell for that much longer. Now, Travis's family members will have to face the prospect of giving another victim impact statement. It's too heart-breaking to even fathom.

I'm outraged that JA's family didn't bother to come to court today to hear this announcement.

CMJA may be happy now but when she realizes all of her sh!!tyantics, supercilious attitude and her REAL look (no 5 bangs, no Little House spectacles) could be played for the next jury, she's going to get scared for real.

I know Sherriff said he would allow no more interviews .......who believes him?
Starting a pool on when the NEXT interview will be:

My vote - tonight........8PM AZ time

Jodi was crying because (in her mind) she won.

The DP is most likely off the table now.

NO CMCHJA was crying because she was told the VERDICT was in and HER FAMILY was off touring the F'n Grand Canyon!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you tiger so can martinez use them? In the next trial?

I don't see why he couldn't.
Not only can anything she says be used against her, but she had already been convicted of 1st degree murder when she gave them.

I feel bad for Travis' family, they have been through so much.

I know they want the death penalty and they still have that opportunity.

Personally, I have always felt that I would rather see a hung jury then a verdict for life.

I hope once the one hold out sees Jodi making the interview rounds like an actress that just won the academy awards doing a press circuit, she feels very foolish. I hope when she hears about the letters Jodi forged to paint Travis as a pedophile, she feels very foolish. This is devastating. But it's not over. We press on.

Will JSS be the judge for the new penalty phase??

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk HD

AZLawyer, if you're out there (and I'll try to ask this on the legal thread as well), how much of the carp that was brought out at trial has to be gone over in court again in order for these new jurors to be able to deliberate on the penalty? Do they only get the info that was brought in during the penalty phase? If so, that shouldn't take too long to do over again should it?

Where on earth will they get 12 (or more) new jurors that have not heard/read anything about this case?

I'm so sorry the Alexander family has to continue to go through this.

However, we all need to take solace in the fact that she WAS FOUND GUILTY. This is not like when Casey got off scott free. The worst case scenario here is that Jodi will get LWOP. What wouldn't we give to see Casey Anthony spending the rest of her life in jail? Let's all take a breath, remember she WAS convicted and if you're hoping for the DP, she may still get it yet.

If they couldn't decide on death, I wish they would have just went with LWOP so that this didn't have to drag out for months more and Travis's family could go home (and those of us watching the trial could move on as well).

This jury did not have the option of LWOP. They had the option of death, or life. It would have been up to the judge to decide if it would be LWOP of LWP. The "worst case" isn't that she ends up with LWOP, it's that she ends up being out on parole in 20 years. She could be eligible after 25 years served, she's already served 5...

This wasn't easy for this jury.

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 1m

Some jurors crying as they left, mouthing "I'm so sorry."

My heart goes out first to the Alexanders and second to the jury. They sat through months of testimony and they did convict her of premeditated first-degree murder. Every one of them convicted her. There was probably one holdout for death though

Just give her LWOP and end this now, I don't understand.

I liked Vinnie's idea of Life Row for those sentenced to LWOP--just like death row but without the execution. No book club or recycling club or teaching sign language--23 hours a day of solitude.

I thought the whole Defense closing and CK's allocution was pathetic. I take that back, it was all bloody brilliant. They watched that jury, they studied the jury and they knew what to do. With her BPD (which was played at the end as mental illness imo), no witnesses (poor loney soul), CK's silly show and tell (the mind of a child), really pulled at heartstrings. Who ever (maybe plural) it was could not do it.

July will be different, very different. CK made sure of that and I'm so glad she did.

Wait till the juror's see the CK's interviews tonight, I do feel bad for them.

I pray for the Alexander Family and I hope they know that millions of prayers are being sent up for them.

i have no sympathy for this jury. to hang was to force travis' family to endure even more immeasurable pain and suffering.

i do agree with the person who said these people are worse then pinellas 12. pinellas 12 did not have the faces of stephen, samantha and tanisha to look at every single day for 5 months. the pinellas 12 didn't hear those gutwrenching impact statements.

as i said before, it wouldn't surprise me at all if stephen's health takes a severe downturn after this. if that happens, those 12 cowards get to own every bit of the blame.

That's really not fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads