IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I simply can't figure out what Smock meant... grrrh...

Maybe Smock's comment "we would go forward no matter what was happening" meant they'd go ahead with "closing" the case (whatever that entails) even though Kathlynn hasn't been located. Last week - I'm paraphrasing here - he said the focus was finding her, and figuring out if there was a connection between Klunder and the cousins was secondary. Maybe that position has changed in the past several days?

I hope so too. They were able to prove the blood was Kathlynn's very quickly. I am hoping they have DNA proof quickly as well, if that's the case.

bbm - yes indeed... I was so pleased to see that...

Jumping off BunnyH's post:

Given that I'm still running behind, I didn't realize until today that, in addition to Kathlynn's blood having been discovered at the pig confinement area and on the tailgate of perp's truck, her blood was also found on the body of the dead perp!!

Now if only they can find her while any evidence of how she died (yes, that's an assumption on my part only), etc. is still viable... <fingers crossed>

Does anybody know how the island is looking?

Maybe Smock's comment "we would go forward no matter what was happening" meant they'd go ahead with "closing" the case (whatever that entails) even though Kathlynn hasn't been located. Last week - I'm paraphrasing here - he said the focus was finding her, and figuring out if there was a connection between Klunder and the cousins was secondary. Maybe that position has changed in the past several days?

bbm - aha... very interesting thought and you may very well be right imo !!

And, yes, it could be that last week Smock had (like me for one) incorrectly assumed Kathlynn would be found w/in 48 hrs or so of having gone missing.

So, yes, his position may have changed in the last several days to: If the DNA matches we won't need to find Kathlynn in order to know who killed the cousins and closeout their file...

Does anybody know how the island is looking?

Nope! A stink was raised about the project and that subject appears to have also fallen silent. :banghead:

However, in all honesty, with all the rain we've been having I wouldn't be surprised if it's a huge muddy mess on the island. Not really conducive to a landscaping project - especially with heavy machinery and concrete involved.

I would start with the vehicle Klunder was driving - last year. That, is a no-brainer. The FBI at 7-Bridges allegedly took tire prints? Do the tires match the tires on Klunder vehicle he was driving last year?

Prints, if any.

COD of the girls if it exists. Does this match a hog gun? Strangulation ie. throat bones broken on the girls (if they were found)? Klunder was known to strangle people as a method.

Interview people in the Evansdale-Waterloo area who may have known Klunder ... ie. Facebook etc ?

Klunder's computer ... any connects with Evansdale area there?

Klunder's gas receipts, if any.

et cetera ... the list is long ...

Don't forget zip ties.

Mumbojumbo indeed... that's the only conclusion I came to the first 20 times I tried to figure it out. :floorlaugh:

I had an online friend from Europe that called it MamboJambo. :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh:

I know the day is coming when we will know if Klunder is our killer, but if he isn't, I hope that money quits going to planting daisies and starts going to a professional investigator that has more knowledge about crimes like this.

I know the day is coming when we will know if Klunder is our killer, but if he isn't, I hope that money quits going to planting daisies and starts going to a professional investigator that has more knowledge about crimes like this.

I don't understand why they did not jump on info on this guy day #1 and start asking for all this info...what are they waiting for?
We all did!

The "gun" that he left with <modsnip> was useless to her unless she could place it on the forehead of her victim ... and there's no way that Klunder would let that happen.

But by D taking the gun with her when she escaped she made sure he couldn't use it on her or Kathlynn unless MK caught up with her before she made it to safety.

I don't think phone records and gas records are going to be sufficient. There is a reasonable chance he was in evansdale that day, even possibly at Casey's getting gas on camera, yet he might not be their killer. I'm really hoping there is some sort of DNA evidence in this case that will nail the perp that is responsible.

IIRC, Klunder has no murders on his rap sheet until Kathlynn, assuming she was murdered by him.

BBM True, but you have to figure eventually the learning curve kicks in. Leave live witnesses, go to jail.

I hope so too. They were able to prove the blood was Kathlynn's very quickly. I am hoping they have DNA proof quickly as well, if that's the case.

After persistent reports by KCRG reporter Beth Malicki of dna evidence in the Collins-Cook case
http://www.kcrg.com/ I called KCRG (five minutes ago) and 'somebody' who would not identify themselves in the news room at KCRG issued the following statement:

"If you want to believe the internet vs. us, I can tell you we have spoken to law enforcement and there "is" dna that was collected in the Collins-Cook case."

I asked, "Where was that evidence collected and why hasn't law enforcement to my knowledge confirmed such evidence?"

The KCRG spokesperson said: " law enforcement has told us all along that they do have dna evidence in the case, as we have been reporting for weeks. And it is my understanding some of that evidence was collected at 7-Bridges when the girls were found. "

I asked the spokesperson if I could post this news on the internet and he replied: "You are free to post whatever you want on the internet. The internet is full of lot's of "stuff". "

I thanked the KCRG news person and am now posting this . . .

Please contact Beth Malicki at KCRG for further details on the dna she confirmed tonight law enforcement apparently has in the Collins-Cook case. http://www.kcrg.com/news/newsteam Hopfully Ms. Malicki will shed light as to the nature of the dna evidence LE has and where it (or multiple samples) were collected!

Thank you.
G.

:seeya:

The Evansdale Police Department hopes to decide by next week whether Michael Klunder, a registered sex offender who abducted two central Iowa girls last week before hanging himself, was involved in the murders of two cousins last year.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/crime/Poli...e-Connection-To-Evansdale-Case-209346601.html

Umm... hopes to "decide"? I didn't realize LE had the power to decide if he was involved or not.

I know it's just wording in the reporting but it comes across really strange! "Hopes to determine" or "hopes to find evidence to indicate," something along those lines, would make a lot more sense.

:please: :please: :please: georger I wish you worked for LE in BHC....... Then I would feel confident that the investigation would be done... Still praying for Kathlynn to come home and for Lyric & Elizabeth to have justice too. They were innocent children riding their bikes... :facepalm:

I am sure there are people in LE who are fully dedicated to solving this and
other cases -

Thanks. :twocents:

I'm hoping if Klunder is responsible for E & L's deaths there is more than phone records to put him in Evansdale that day.

I think I'll be angry either way, if it was Klunder then how on earth was he never looked into? If LE had looked into RSOs especially ones who had kidnapped multiples before then he should have been on the radar and K&D would have never been victims. If it wasn't Klunder, then we will still be waiting for years to come because I honestly think LE has no clue what happened to them. I think it will remain unsolved. What if the perp died in a car accident in the last 10 months?

I really think the first few days of the investigation set the stage for the rest of the case. It wasn't listed as an abduction immediately. Even if LE was investigating something other than the lake, the general public was very much under the impression that the girls could have drowned in the lake.

BBM same here. Would a perp really keep the same phone that whole time? I mean it's not exactly difficult to get a new phone.

I suppose if they DO find the same phone linked to both cases it would be a very strong indication that he was involved in both, but if they don't find phone evidence I don't think it means much. IMO.

I don't understand why they did not jump on info on this guy day #1 and start asking for all this info...what are they waiting for?
We all did!

We did? I'm not being snarky, just wondering if I missed something. I know there were a number of other people hinted at as suspects, RSOs in particular, but I don't recall this guy being one of them. It's entirely possible I missed it though.

After persistent reports by KCRG reporter Beth Malicki of dna evidence in the Collins-Cook case
http://www.kcrg.com/ I called KCRG (five minutes ago) and 'somebody' who would not identify themselves in the news room at KCRG issued the following statement:

"If you want to believe the internet vs. us, I can tell you we have spoken to law enforcement and there "is" dna that was collected in the Collins-Cook case."

I asked, "Where was that evidence was collected and why hasn't law enforcement to my knowledge confirmed such evidence?"

The KCRG spokesperson said: " law enforcement has told us all along that they do have dna evidence in the case, as we have been reporting for weeks. And it is my understanding some of that evidence was collected at 7-Bridges when the girls were found. "

I asked the spokesperson if I could post this news on the internet and he replied: "You are free to post whatever you want on the internet. The internet is full of lot's of "stuff". "

I thanked the KCRG news person and am now posting this . . .

Please contact Beth Malicki at KCRG for further details on the dna law enforcement has in the Collins-Cook case. http://www.kcrg.com/news/newsteam

Thank you.
G.

:seeya:

:cheers: I knew it I think MK is responsible I hope the dna matches & the collins/cook family can have peace!! I guess that best justice of all is too know where he's rotting at!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg