GUILTY Australia - Joan Ryther, 27, pregnant, raped & murdered, Logan, Qld, 21 May 2013

Silly question, but I'm assuming this is footage around 7:30pm onwards. It looks to be broad daylight. It gets dark around 6pm in Melbourne these days. Or are these areas where footage was taken lit up with streetlights.
Also find it interesting that two separate shots have been taken of the same Asian guy wearing the black hoodie with a wide orange stripe across it. One image looks to come up as a yellow stripe. At one point he has his hoodie over his cap and in the other shot its off.
Hope they all help the investigators and clear there name by contacting police/offer some sort of assistance.

that looks nothing like broad daylight. it is quite obvious it is dark and the lighting you see is from street lights etc that surround the bridge... look to the right of the pictures, if it was broad daylight all that would be lit up, but it is dark.

that looks nothing like broad daylight. it is quite obvious it is dark and the lighting you see is from street lights etc that surround the bridge... look to the right of the pictures, if it was broad daylight all that would be lit up, but it is dark.

well actually i disagree, especially when you look at this.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/national/17386046/qld-police-to-show-cctv-in-murder-probe/

300513m_joanrythercctv_800x600-18qe4ea.jpg

moreinfo I'd agree that this image appears to be daylight, whereas the other ones look to be artificial light (look at how the branch in the foreground is well lit in this photo, yet dark in the other images.)

My guess would be that this is the same individual on a different trip earlier in the day, and that the photo has been released because it shows the person's features more clearly.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/national/17386046/joan-ryther-murder-cctv-footage-released/

I hope these people on the CTV footage come forward, or someone recognises them and gets them to come forward. The young guys with the air mattress wouldn't have been hard to spot that night by people who were driving around - they look like locals. Hope the police can find out if they saw anything or anybody.
There looks as if there was a lot of support from the local community too. Nice to see.

Could we change the title of this thread to include Joan's name - just out of respect for her.

Wonder if the police have had any new leads from the CCTV - hope so!

Yes, I would say 2 pictures and one is clearer as it is taken from a different camera. The bridge is a rail crossing I think.

An 18 year old guy has been arrested and will face court. I felt so sad for her husband and family :( Sorry i meant charged not arrested

So glad for her hubby, family and the police, but really glad they've arrested someone...
RIP sweet Joan

this is excellent news. Now the system better not fail us, and sentence him to life without parole.
Everyone around the area can feel safer now.
Cory can at least have some closure now and continue with the grieving process with loved ones and Joans family o/s.

An 18yr old will appear in court later this morn over the murder of pregnant Logan woman Joan Ryther
BLm4GR6CAAALzdD.jpg

18? What the heck is going on?

So glad they got him. Now don't let him out.

Omg 18! I'd love to hear a bit more about the guy, was it a first offence? So glad there's one less off the streets.

Sunrise (TV) News says the accused is thought to be a stranger to Joan.

18! And a stranger( going off reports ) frightening..... What on earth makes a young man feel he can just do this to a young lady going about her oun business .
Awful, however great they have got the suspect .

Such a mixture of happiness, relief and sadness today. Glad they caught him, but 18!!! This guy needs to go away for life. I don't care what his background is, what grief he may or may not have experienced. He needs life in prison for this.

Just heard on sunrise that it is his 18th birthday today, so the crime was committed when he was 17. Will this mean he is charged as an adult or a child? I think there have been cases in the past where under 18's have been charged as adults - I hope this is the case.

Today is his 18 th birthday, maybe police had this arrest date in mind( adult )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back