George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter at all if WE don't think he would've been murdered, it only matters what he thought. Do you think he knew he would not have been murdered or suffered 'serious bodily harm'? I think the law doesn't require the person to think they were about to be murdered, but rather the fear of suffering severe bodily harm.

Killed is not necessarily synonymous with murdered.

Some folks seem to be stumbling there, given other dynamics being emphasized in the media.

What's with this "shock" stuff? Shock is a medical term, that isn't about being upset.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_stress_reaction"]Acute stress reaction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I am a white person and live in TX. I am not offended by those words. I have not heard "honkey" in years!

When my family lived in Texas after WWII, it was normal for The N Word to be Written on the door of the lavatory place the AAs were supposed to use. IF they were provided any lav at all .
They were called d*rkies, c**ns, j*gaboos and many other nicknames..most of them ugly and demeaning..." The Help" illustrates those days fairly well...and even today that sort of profiling is VERY common and of course there is a Good Ole Boy Network that pretty much controls what minorities can or can't do, regardless of what the Federal government might deem law. I should know, my own father was part of that sort of network and never had to employ any minority if he didn't wish to.

Right, cracker and honkey seem pretty mild...but it seems up to the people of the race to determine what they mean by it...My daddy would swear up and down he wasn't prejudiced. It is what it is and Rachel J. innately knew what her friend meant, just like I know what I mean when I say gangster....open to interpretation, surely.:moo:

I don't believe that George was thinking he was going to be killed. Given that several neighbors heard what was happening and were outside telling them to stop, calling 911, etc... the fight would have been broken up. George's injuries do not look anything close to him thinking he was going to be murdered. He didn't even feel the need to go to the hospital! Lethal force should be the last possible option, and at the time GZ pulled his weapon and shot Travyon, he wasn't out of choices. Neighbors had made it known that they knew what was happening and were getting help. He didn't need to kill Trayvon.

There were not several neighbors telling them to stop and calling 911.

Overwhelming fear. Maybe GZ should think ahead next time he goes out of his way to approach someone at night even with 911 telling him not to.
I don't feel sorry for him.

IMO GZ won't be going out again packing heat for a very long time.

I don't believe that George was thinking he was going to be killed. Given that several neighbors heard what was happening and were outside telling them to stop, calling 911, etc... the fight would have been broken up. George's injuries do not look anything close to him thinking he was going to be murdered. He didn't even feel the need to go to the hospital! Lethal force should be the last possible option, and at the time GZ pulled his weapon and shot Travyon, he wasn't out of choices. Neighbors had made it known that they knew what was happening and were getting help. He didn't need to kill Trayvon.

Amen! All that has been testified verifies your belief!! :jail:

Is this the first time we are seeing these pics?

If everyone that got a bloody nose and some scrapes on their head killed someone it would be a great place to live wouldn't it?

Are we supposed to believe TM was through beating GZ? Would TM have stopped with a busted nose, busted lip, head being banged over and over? Even with GZ screaming for help, he didn't stop. Exactly how much does a person have to take before using whatever force needed to stop the attack? It went on for 40 seconds. That's a long time when you are getting your head slammed into the sidewalk. Had it been me, he wouldn't have made it that long before I would have shot him. I'm sick of the good guys coming in last.

What's with this "shock" stuff? Shock is a medical term, that isn't about being upset.

I do not mean physical shock but just traumatically in shock. After I was robbed and held at gunpoint and locked into a freezer I can promise you that I was in shock. Which is why when LE showed up at my location I could only say "he had a gun" over and over. Your brain can go into shock after a trauma. Shock is not only applicable to a bodies physical reaction after injury, surgery, etc.

Stupid question, did anyone check to see if TM was still alive prior to the cops showing up and them doing CPR? I haven't followed the case closely but I would think the witness (es) would have done that.

what i don't understand why ppl get so upset w/ one comment :cracker" between 2 teenagers when describing the scary buy following him, makes him a guilty , but when gz ptofiles and chases an innocent teenager, then he is innocent??

and why is racheal lying about every thing but this comment! either you believe her or you don't, but imo you just can't cherry pick and only believe the comments that help your beliefs and disregard the rest as lies :2cents:

Or just maybe, people should realize when there is a fight, things happen. It is sad and tragic but not murder.

My sadness in this is in the fact that there was no reason for a fight. Trayvon didn't do anything wrong, GZ called the police on him for no reason, and then followed him for no reason.

It's always been my opinion that GZ put one in the chamber just in case, and then began pursuing TM after he hung up with the dispatcher. When TM turned around and asked why he was following him, GZ tried to detain him like a citizens arrest, but didn't identify himself, hence the "get off me" heard by the female friend he was talking to, and then TM responded by punching him. Obviously this is just my take on it... but none of us know for sure. I think that TM would have been right to punch GZ if GZ chased him and then put his hands on him for no known reason. I would have done the same thing.

Stupid question, did anyone check to see if TM was still alive prior to the cops showing up and them doing CPR? I haven't followed the case closely but I would think the witness (es) would have done that.
Given that the bullet perforated his heart, I would say it would be futile either way.

Not a stupid question at all. It seems the focus of attention was GZ.

Yes. That's what one thinks when one's head is being repeatedly slammed into a hard surface. GZ has described the attack and his reaction in a way that IMO only someone who has experienced it could have. JMO, OMO, MOO.

Including TM, after being shot in the heart, lifting his arms and saying, "You got me?" Just asking.

I don't think any witnesses said that they attempted to help TM after the shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member