OK OK - Molly Miller, 17, & Colt Haynes, 21, Wilson, 7 July 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, but wait a minute. Speaking of insurance companies, etc. If the owner of the vehicle reported it stolen and then recanted that, what did she do for a vehicle for the 2 weeks it took to find it and turn it into insurance?

That whole thing still doesn't add up to me.

She could have hitched rides with a friend, a cousin, an aunt. She could have borrowed grandma's car. Or she could have rented a car.

At what point did she file a claim with the insurance company? If it was before the car was found, what was her story? How do you say to an insurance company, hey, my car's been stolen, pay me! And then turn around two weeks later and say, oops, my car wasn't stolen, my boyfriend had my permission to drive it, pay me!

And what did the insurance company make of this sudden turnabout, if that's how it happened? Did they pay her?

Food for thought, because insurance companies ask for police reports. I wonder what that report says? One wonders if it includes mention of the missing passengers.

Maybe they didn't file one and are paying the girl cash for a new car?

Hey I have a question!

If another crime were to be committed out there on that property and LE went to investigate it and found possible evidence of another crime would that be legal?

Okay, but wait a minute. Speaking of insurance companies, etc. If the owner of the vehicle reported it stolen and then recanted that, what did she do for a vehicle for the 2 weeks it took to find it and turn it into insurance?

That whole thing still doesn't add up to me.

I find it odd too. Did LE quit the chase on Long Hollow Rd.? If so, didn't LE know it was a dead end and the vehicle they were chasing had no where to go, because the road ended? The LE were locals. They should have known the road was not a thru road. LE could have cruised at a comfortable speed on Long Hollow knowing CN and company had no way out.

How did LE find the car after two weeks? Hmmmm, didn't CN's relatives, who own the property, question why the wreck was there? Also, I wonder when the girlfriend reported it stolen. Perhaps she had no idea CN took ot until it was found on his family's property?

So many questions . . .

Maybe they didn't file one and are paying the girl cash for a new car?

Hmmm, doesn't ring true to me. Recently, I was hit from behind at a traffic light and the insurance company insisted on a police report. It wasn't even a totaled wreck. It was only for a sagging and split rear bumper and the guy who hit me had no damage.

Are you saying CN's family possibly paid her cash for the damaged car? Yes, that is possible. Crazy, but possible. I say that because I hate when families cover for their troublemaker offspring.

Hey I have a question!

If another crime were to be committed out there on that property and LE went to investigate it and found possible evidence of another crime would that be legal?

I wish I knew the answer for sure, but I think it depends on the warrant. Some warrants are limited. For example, they may only get permission to get a computer and search a car, but not have permission to go through the whole house. However, I have heard of cases where they have uncovered other crimes when investigating a particular crime. They often find illegal weapons when searching for drugs in my part of the country. They sometimes find stolen property too. These are all separate crimes and LE can arrest them for all of it.

JMO

Some excellent points and excellent questions. This insurance angle really would be a great way for Molly's family to pursue. It may provide them a means to get to the truth of what happened.

Its just this sort of thing that could really help Molly's family. They of course would need laywers to help them, but maybe they already have retained some and they could pursue this angle.

Most people who lost a whole car out of the deal would most likely file some sort of claim with insurance. It does make you wonder the kind of information that was listed on that claim, if one exists.

Absolutely agree! It all depends on if the girlfriend went through her insurance. Someone suggested that CN's family could have offered her cash. Wish we knew the answer to this possibility.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/newcolony/2013/10/19/friday-with-orion

The disappearance of Colt Haynes missing from July 2013 along with Molly Miller, Love County, OK. With Orion on New Colony Network. The family of Molly Miller called in to "what do you think" Monday night, with Orion, there is a standing invitation to both families to phone in any time.

I haven't listened to this yet (date night with Hubs), but it's a fresh episode of the same radio show that interviewed Molly's family earlier this week. This time talking about Colt and Molly for the entire program, as far as I can tell from some quick spot-listening.

If the car chase was called off when they turned onto a dead end road it's possible that is was called off because officers knew who lived on that road. It's possible locals would not turn down that road because it's well known who lives down there. just a thought and moo

It's only technically a dead-end road. This morning I was studying the satellite view on Google Maps, trying to find the gate at the end of Long Hollow, but it's too heavily-wooded. I did notice dirt roads turning off of Long Hollow toward Pike Road and followed several until I found one that goes all the way across. It comes out on Pike where it jogs to the east and then turns south again toward Route 32.

Hey I have a question!

I would think if there was a crime in progress and they got a 911 call, they would be able to enter the property without a warrant, etc. Otherwise, any crime could be committed anywhere and LE couldn't do anything about it if they had to stop and get a warrant to enter the property/premises.

But, initially, it would be Love County LE that would handle the call, report, etc. In other words, it would probably be handled just like the pursuit - "oh darn, we must have lost them..."

She could have hitched rides with a friend, a cousin, an aunt. She could have borrowed grandma's car. Or she could have rented a car.

At what point did she file a claim with the insurance company? If it was before the car was found, what was her story? How do you say to an insurance company, hey, my car's been stolen, pay me! And then turn around two weeks later and say, oops, my car wasn't stolen, my boyfriend had my permission to drive it, pay me!

And what did the insurance company make of this sudden turnabout, if that's how it happened? Did they pay her?

Speaking from years of experience in the insurance industry, if she did in fact file a claim that was paid out on and then later recanted her story about the vehicle being stolen, it may be considered insurance fraud.

Also, there is the other angle of filing a false police report stating the vehicle was stolen. But considering the family relation to the police, I doubt that would go anywhere.

Hopefully the insurance company is investigating the matter.

Are we sure she even filed an insurance claim? If so, when? If she didn't file until after the car was found then she's probably in the clear.

Hey I have a question!

I like the way you think!

:D

I've been following this case and feel sympathy for Molly and Colt's family. I can't imagine someone not allowing searches on their property when a local people are missing. Furthermore, I can't believe how LE has not been cooperative in finding these two young people! Something is very strange and fishy!

I would think if there was a crime in progress and they got a 911 call, they would be able to enter the property without a warrant, etc. Otherwise, any crime could be committed anywhere and LE couldn't do anything about it if they had to stop and get a warrant to enter the property/premises.

But, initially, it would be Love County LE that would handle the call, report, etc. In other words, it would probably be handled just like the pursuit - "oh darn, we must have lost them..."

Yeah, the "dust out" thing doesn't make sense. With all that dirt flying, it makes it easy to follow someone and not lose them, in my opinion. Some police quit chasing if the speeds end up too dangerous, but they still follow up on the crime. To find the vehicle 2 weeks later on that same road seems odd. They should have found it much earlier. Seems like LE abandoned the idea of finding the vehicle and culprits.

Okay, I'm curious as what everyone thinks on why CN would kill Molly and Colt.
What would be his motive? I'm not saying he doesn't have one, but I'd like to hear opinions. TIA

What would be his motive? I'm not saying he doesn't have one, but I'd like to hear opinions. TIA

There was a tip posted on Southern Oklahoma Cop Block on FB, and I just tried to go back and look at it but the link is no longer working, but it was something that the tipster had allegedly heard [the driver] say. Something about not being smart to call 911 when [the driver] had a certain something stashed in the car. Am not sure I should even say that much because the tipster could have totally pulled all this out of his hat.

Am finally listening to last night's BlogTalk radio broadcast about Colt and Molly. Nothing so far that we didn't already know, but the host is now referring to [the driver] as [the driver]. And the first caller, 90 minutes in, starts right in on the insurance stuff we were discussing here yesterday. I almost fell out of my chair! I think maybe someone's been reading this thread!

Hypothetically, my thoughts are that if a pursuit occurred and 2 people were killed and the driver implicated in that killing, said driver's motive would be:

1) The 2 people had knowledge that would be detrimental to the killer and possibly threatened to "spill the beans"

2) Driver was outraged, out of his mind, possibly drugged up and just "lost it" in a fit of rage

3) 2 people died as a result of the accident which would turn into involuntary manslaughter for the driver, so he hid it

4) Revenge on one and the other just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member