GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish he would have said who knows whether he tampered with the pills.

Originally Posted by Chelly
I've a question for those who have followed the trial every day like me:
Both Rachel and Alexis obviously hate their father and believe he killed their mother. They want him in prison. Do you think they both testified 100% truthfully on the stand?

One thing I keep in mind is they did NOT hate their father before they became convinced he killed their mother. Alexis, especially, said she was very close to her father and idolized him. His actions and discovery of his true character changed all that. I think she probably did fudge around about facts surrounding how she obtained the records. IMO, she's not a good liar, and when she was answering that line of questioning, she did not seem to be telling the complete truth. That was the only time I felt she wasn't telling the whole truth.

Rachel wears her heart on her sleeve and IMO it would be difficult for her to lie and not be obvious.

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 49s
One of the jurors looks very bored. She's looking around the courtroom. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #MacNeilltrial

When talking about drowning her, I wish he'd said, "He realized he needed to (using air quotes) help her out."

YES!!! Showing a timeline last with a huge gap in it.

Why couldn't MM pick up Ada @ 11:30 and bring her back for the ceremony, then take her home?

The State really anticipated any strategies the defense would try to present.

I bet this chart woke the jury back up. He needs to pounce on it and get it in their hands.

If the jury is getting restless, he needs to wrap it up pretty soon. He's gone on a pretty long time.

Agreed.

The jurors have enough on their plate, stop replaying the entire trial and get to the point.

The death penalty is not on the plate? (I was not here for the first few days.) Either way, giving someone life in prison can be a difficult decision, they know it is coming, based on what attorneys and witnesses tell them. Not their own knowledge, still presented by sides. Not a happy place. They do not get all of the info either.

Short and sweet now. Why work till the end of the day and make them hash it out for days afterward.

Short and sweet.

The jury won't have these posters in the jury room correct?

Sooooooo glad Pros. cleared up that time line chart. Spencer really worked at instilling reasonable doubt with it. In actuality all Spencer did was create confusion by attempting to baffle with B.S.

The State really anticipated any strategies the defense would try to present.

Yep, they all come with previous in Court knowledge. I think the state did a good job, but need to shut up now, end nice and stop waxing poetic.

Agreed.

The jurors have enough on their plate, stop replaying the entire trial and get to the point.

The death penalty is not on the plate? (I was not here for the first few days.) Either way, giving someone life in prison can be a difficult decision, they know it is coming, based on what attorneys and witnesses tell them. Not their own knowledge, still presented by sides. Not a happy place. They do not get all of the info either.

Short and sweet now. Why work till the end of the day and make them hash it out for days afterward.

Short and sweet.

I think he's used up his time.

The jury won't have these posters in the jury room correct?

While the defense was doing their summary they told the jury they would have their charts with them to use as "evidence" (see air quotes inserted here). But I didn't think so, maybe defense fudged on that one too.

Sooooooo glad Pros. cleared up that chart. Spencer really worked at instilling reasonable doubt with it. In actuality all Spencer did was create confusion by attempting to baffle with B.S.

Did you see reasonable doubt?

I saw b.s.ing through it. But, I see things differently than most.

OK.....don't wreck a good thing. Wrap it up now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member