The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 30th June - Trial Day 12, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
no. no one except Toni and Gerard knew about the renewal of 'their love'.... but Nigel spoke to Ben Bassingthwaite ,or , AND Phillip Broome about the affair between Toni and Gerard.. that's there in the statement.. its not a matter of maybe or maybe not. there it is.....

Nige knew she had 'been there' , alright.. but Gerard wants the police to think that he doesn't know.. I wonder why..

Oh my

GBC asks the police for privacy and to have is father leave the room... (But Nigel knows his son has been 'doing the dirty on Allison for years!)

GBC wants to APPEAR to be more honest with police than he is with his own father. (cough)

To APPEAR to be the kind of adulterer... who aims to protect the image of his family who are clearly, long-term on board with it all.

There's the social stigma of what a married male does (without the traditional 'good' reasons)
THEN THERE'S the social stigma of "But my mum and dad are OK with it...

Not even GBC is comfortable admitting his parents condoned and perhaps assisted/encouraged (?) his extra-marital affairs.

IMO

I wholeheartedly agree: NOT A GOOD LOOK Nigel and/or Elaine!
Bit westie, bit common and all that! Aye?

Their rot.
That lot.
Swanning about : we're the Baden-you-know-who's, don't you know?

Yes. Indeed. We know now.

GBC tried to blind the QP (my good family know nothing of my sexual exploits constable...)

But the QP had a nose for the likes of GBC and his chosen family members selected by him and summoned by GBC to be there with him that morning.

QP would have noted who GBC didn't ring and didn't want there that morning too - Elaine and Allison's parents (for vastly different reasons I dare say!)

jmo

We ALL need to thank Allison for writing & leaving her journal.
Wonder how much of a surprise it was to GBC when that was retrieved from the lower portion of the bedside table....?
:tyou:

I suffered depression for exactly 12 years
I was cured after I divorced him.
True story, I'm being serious.

I use to suffer from gawd awful migraines. Then I got a divorce in 1995....and I haven't had one since. True story.

Ok, I'm going back to OP's thread. So sorry for the O/T. :blushing:

Actually, I wasn't joking steadan. There has been an awful lot of inference in here that NBC, EBC and OW are somehow involved in or accomplices to the murder of ABC. I just happen to have a different opinion about that and think that they're not.
I think his parents and sister are just about the last ppl GBC would want knowing he'd been dipping his candle where it didn't belong. And I think that even if they did know, it most certainly wouldn't be a dinner table topic for them and GBC.
I also think that their documented involvement in helping GBC covertly contact TM after ABC was missing, might actually refer to the BF phone that was given to NBC by SH to give to GBC.
All in MOO.
IMO he didn't move her body on his own and place her gently on the muddy bank, only to leave a depression (no pun intended) where she came to rest. I doubt that a middle aged, probably unfit man, could manoeuvre a dead body into place at Kholo creek, with no evidence of foot prints, moved foliage etc.. Based on the assumption she didn't suicide. Also having met NBC, I'd suggest he can be quite fierce and appeared to be very much in charge of the business!!! Only my opinion ;-)

Oh my

GBC asks the police for privacy and to have is father leave the room... (But Nigel knows his son has been 'doing the dirty on Allison for years!)

GBC wants to APPEAR to be more honest with police than he is with his own father. (cough)

To APPEAR to be the kind of adulterer... who aims to protect the image of his family who are clearly, long-term on board with it all.

QP would have noted who GBC didn't ring and didn't want there that morning too - Elaine and Allison's parents (for vastly different reasons I dare say!)

jmo

Thanks Consider, you just reminded me, why didn't EBC go to help search for ABC if GBC sounded so worried?

GBC might have preferred to have had 7 western suburb real estate agencies, been driving a Ferrari and paying for Versace or some 5 star hotel (that dream he might hold to) - in the meantime - let Toni pay - GBC had just helped her sell property, was 'giving her her job' and thanks to GBC Toni was about 'enjoy' a divorce financial settlement - anyhow - GBC needed adulterous anonymity - unlike TM he had not left his spouse, children and openly declared his new life and next financial position (maintenance and child support)

Toni paid for their 'trysts' - otherwise Snowy would have to do!

jmo

GeRed can beat his chest all he want about how great he is but ultimately they were renting. Mrs Dickie was disappointed they never owned their own home and Allison had $2 in her account. He's such a keeper.

Let me tell you today court was a tedious experience! Listening to the tears pour out in the morning I was preparing for a long emotional day. But things seemed to pick up for GBC and he got to talk about how sex was just a release for him. He told his mistress he had no intention of leaving Allison for TM. (Hello blind Freddy knew this?) Today this little gem was the ONE piece of truth in a haze of lies.

Unfortunately GBC was taking TM for all she could give and she was the only one who didn't realize his intentions. That TM was forever hopeful and could be manipulated to suit his interests did not worry GBC. And TM being hopeful that GBC indeed had serious enough feelings for her - well that was her downfall. She held no trump card.

But the nice guy image was a bit tooooooo thick today. Any woman in that court room today would have been happy if their husband did one hundredth of the work that GBC claimed to do. He seemed to look after the kids in the morning, go to work, come home and do the kid routine and cook dinner while Allison went to bed. Then he even worked into the night - before he came home and yet he still did not complain. What a perfect Angel husband.

It was stomach turning - you felt for Toni who thought she had a supreme catch and yes was being played incessantly, poor Allison who's trust and love was betrayed by the one person who is meant to cherish her, the Dickies who have NO strong voice beyond this court to protect and love, Allisons' legacy, -it is a truly sad situation.

I think we need to keep in mind that the reports we are getting are made from notes and tweets and may not be word for word accurate. I was under the impression that NBC turned up at the Brookfield house to look after the girls before GBC went out 'looking'.

I was under the same impression red.

He is certainly a nasty piece of work with the things she wrote that he said to her.

He may have been verbally and emotionally abusive for most of their relationship.

He has said mean things about every witness. (Except his family)

I suffered depression for exactly 12 years
I was cured after I divorced him.
True story, I'm being serious.
I believe GBC was the cause of Allison's depression, he comes across as a total control freak, who would suck the life out of anyone who had the misfortune to be involved with him.

Allison seemed to be such a high achiever until she married him. He has no loyalty to anyone, I even felt sorry for Toni today, how utterly humiliating to be thrown under the bus for the whole country to witness, he could have been a bit kinder, and allow her to retain a little bit of dignity. I do believe she loved him. will we ever see her fifth statement?

The difficulty I've had with following the trial is differentiating between what has been revealed here on WS, in the bail applications, committal etc when compared to the evidence led at the actual trial itself. What may seem obvious to us who have followed the case in its entirety is possibly different to that of the jurors who have only been privy to the evidence adduced at the trial which does not seem quite as conclusive.

For example, as I recall, there's no conflicting evidence produced at trial refuting Gerard's claims that he cut himself on the hand when fixing the light (i.e. Jody Meynell's claims from the bail documents). One of the doctors he saw about the scratches confirmed he stated that he was sent there by his lawyer, making it possible that either he or the other doctor he went to see were subject to a miscommunication. As noted, he did attend the command centre and as a layman it seems logical to me that the Police would not want potential suspects or other members of the public being involved in the search for Alison where there's the risk of disturbing evidence etc so it seems quite feasible to me (and possibly the jurors?) that he and the BC's were told not to assist.

Don't get me wrong, I think the scratches, the evidence Alison was dead prior to being located at Kholo Creek, the absence of any evidence of sexual assault or robbery etc, strongly suggests he is responsible. Personally, the suicide angle does not fit well with me (IMHO).

I've worked in a law office and I always remember being told that as a general rule if a case reaches the point of a Supreme Court indictment and trial, there's a 90% chance the accused has done something illegal, even if it's not exactly what they've been charged with.

Even if by chance they's fought, Alison scratched him and ran off and was killed by someone else in an opportunistic attack and he lied about the scratches to avoid suspicion, (and everything else about the blood in the car/financial issues are not accepted), it doesn't make sense that he'd lie about the scratches so early in the piece when she was say 30 minutes late from a walk and then maintain it over all this time.

I only hope that all that could be done has been done to bring Alison's murderer to justice and there's no doubt in the juror's minds when it comes time for them to deliberate.

He is certainly a nasty piece of work with the things she wrote that he said to her.

He may have been verbally and emotionally abusive for most of their relationship.

No doubt!! Then took it one step further in my opinion. The violent side of domestic violence always has a beginning...

The most common forms of domestic and family violence involves emotional and psychological abuse and does not always include behaviour that results in physical violence. This can result in a longer lasting impact on the victim with symptomatic related anxiety, trauma and depression. This can often lead to other medical symptoms requiring frequent attendance to General Practitioners.

In most circumstances, the perpetrator is male and the main contributing factor for their abusive behaviour is the perception in their mind that they have a right of power over the victim. This perception of power over the victim represents a major factor in the perpetrator’s capability to commit abusive and criminal behaviour.

The perpetrator generally believes they can control the life of their partner by the use of emotional manipulation and threats. The pattern of abusive behaviour usually develops and escalates over time with periodic episodes of extremes of that behaviour, resulting in physical assault. The violence can also occur as a single act of a significant abusive behaviour that causes the partner to fear personal harm and fear for their future safety.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/commun...violence/about_domestic__and__family_violence

I guess we just have different opinions about how involved EBC, NBC and OW are in all this Trooper. I don't know for sure whether they didn't know or not. I can;t be sure whether GBC talked about his sex life with his parents or not. No one will know that but them I suppose. I just find it highly unlikely and what is written in the statement isn't pointed enough to change my opinion about that. :)

Respectfully; it's very plausible to me given GBC's close physical residential proximity and business and personal relationship and time spent with his father that GBC sought Nigel's advice or Nigel otherwise gave it without request.

It's no reach for me that Nigel would condone GBC's affairs but insist he keep such shenanigan's low key.

It's no reach for me that Nigel similarly did same in his own marriage (& I suspect for similar reasons; weight gain, wife's body softened, aged wife, wife distracted with children, home decor not up to his standards, wife not working, wife working too much, wife's bad hair style, wife's hair colour, wife's loss of libido, wife not bouncy 'n' sexy/happy at end of day, wife's menopause - we all know the 'shrill'...)

Nigel and Elaine's pash for the cameras under the carport was done for a reason.

Nigel condoning GBC's affairs is a no brainer for me but it doesn't equate to involvement in Allison's death or the cover up of how she died until there is evidence of Nigel being involved in her death and/or it's cover up.

Nigel was seemingly physically supportive and therefore involved in his grand children's lives as you would expect a nearby family member to be. I suspect this 'support' assisted GBC's pursuit of extra marital affairs and in no way was done to directly support Allison - his testimony treated Allison with loathing and disdain - not empathy, not even sympathy.

jmo

No doubt!! Then took it one step further in my opinion. The violent side of domestic violence always has a beginning...

The most common forms of domestic and family violence involves emotional and psychological abuse and does not always include behaviour that results in physical violence. This can result in a longer lasting impact on the victim with symptomatic related anxiety, trauma and depression. This can often lead to other medical symptoms requiring frequent attendance to General Practitioners.

In most circumstances, the perpetrator is male and the main contributing factor for their abusive behaviour is the perception in their mind that they have a right of power over the victim. This perception of power over the victim represents a major factor in the perpetrator’s capability to commit abusive and criminal behaviour.

The perpetrator generally believes they can control the life of their partner by the use of emotional manipulation and threats. The pattern of abusive behaviour usually develops and escalates over time with periodic episodes of extremes of that behaviour, resulting in physical assault. The violence can also occur as a single act of a significant abusive behaviour that causes the partner to fear personal harm and fear for their future safety.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/commun...violence/about_domestic__and__family_violence

Yes Marley.

And I think that as long as there is no physical abuse the perpetrators continue to delude themselves that they are not abusive people.

Abuse is anything that eats at a person's confidence and self esteem.

It can also be intimidation, eg something as simple as blocking a doorway and reminding the victim of the abuser's power through superior strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ameesqt