Interesting:

Evidence of Knowledge of Wrongfulness

Efforts to avoid detection
- wearing gloves during crime
- waiting until dark
- taking victim to an isolated place
- wearing mask or disguise
- concealment of a weapon on way to crime
- falsifying documents (passport, firearm permit)
- giving a false name
- threatening to kill witnesses if they report to police
- giving a false alibi
Disposing of evidence
- wiping off fingerprints
- washing off blood
- discarding of murder weapon
- burying a murder victim secretly
- destroying incriminating documents
Efforts to avoid detection
- fleeing from the crime scene
- fleeing from the police
- lying to the police
Statement by the defendant that he or she knew the act was wrong at the time of the offense
Notifying the police that a crime was committed
Expression of remorse or guilt after the crime committed
Absence of hallucinations or delusions suggesting that the offence was justified

I'm sorry, I am posting like a mad woman - I am so on edge. I think I shall go walk the dog!

Wow...if this is known criteria amongst the forensic psychiatry profession, shame on those two doctors for selling out.

MOO

NEWSTALK1010 ‏@newstalk1010 22m22 minutes ago

JUST IN: Judge at Luka #Magnotta trial says yes, a personality disporder is a disease of the mind. Jury now continues to deliberate

What the......
Where did they get that from ~ Wikipedia ? :gaah:

From Handbook of Personality Disorders: Theory, Research, and Treatment

... As do the mental health professions, however, the law often distinguishes between mental illness and personality disorder. ...

and therefore people with personality disorders rarely are considered nonculpable for their acts

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...llness" under the statutes of the law&f=false

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 1m 1 minute ago

More constables being sworn in. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 7m 7 minutes ago

Lawyers back to settle issues discussed after The Question. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 10m 10 minutes ago

Break over. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 39m 39 minutes ago

Jury taking afternoon break. #Magnotta

Quoted from DataMonkey:

I'm sorry, I am posting like a mad woman - I am so on edge.

No apologies - I also am a mad woman right now!!:scared:

:welcome6: Hi flash_over :wave:

QUESTION:

Why are more constables being sworn in?

- to keep the crowds quiet?
- a verdict is coming soon?

??????????????????????????????????????:thinking:

I think I was pleased to see the jury ask about personality disorders because that might mean they aren't buying that he was psychotic. I hope at some point during the trial it was clearly explained to them that a personality disorder does not mean you don't know right from wrong, more like you know it's wrong but you do it anyway to satisfy yourself. MOO

Interesting:

Evidence of Knowledge of Wrongfulness

Efforts to avoid detection..........

{Respectfully snipped}

*I'm sorry, I am posting like a mad woman - I am so on edge. I think I shall go walk the dog!*

Basically everything on that list describes LM actions

~ and that's without taking in account everything leading up to the murder ~

* Hell girl don't you apologise * :biggrin:

Quoted from DataMonkey:

I'm sorry, I am posting like a mad woman - I am so on edge.

No apologies - I also am a mad woman right now!!:scared:

QUESTION:

*Why are more constables being sworn in?*

- to keep the crowds quiet?
- a verdict is coming soon?

??????????????????????????????????????:thinking:

Tension.gif

:dunno:As in Police Constables ?
Why do they need to be sworn-in ?

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 4h4 hours ago
Police who gave witness money for meals here in Montreal also want to be compensated about $100 #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 4h4 hours ago
German witness also wants compensation for taxi fare and lost wages #Magnotta

Sidhartha Banerjee ‏@sidhartha_b · 3h3 hours ago
If #Magnotta jury renders an #NCR verdict, it must apply to all five charges the accused faces.

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 49m49 minutes ago
#Magnotta finished for today with no verdict. Back tomorrow at 9

Sidhartha Banerjee ‏@sidhartha_b · 28m28 minutes ago
Day Two of #Magnotta deliberations complete. One question. No verdicts. Back Thursday for a third day ...

http://www.forensicpsychiatry.ca/crimrespon/overview.htm
What Does A Psychiatrist Need To Assess "Not Criminally Responsible" Issue:

Crown’s file including police reports, witness and victim statements
Previous psychiatric records
Autopsy report
Clinical interview with accused
Mental status examination of accused
Direct questioning of accused regarding knowledge of wrongfulness
Detailed account from accused about circumstances of offence
Possible psychological testing
Possible neurological examination(s)

I don't remember seeing where any of the defense psychiatrists actually questioned Magnotta about whether he knew his actions were wrong and I'm sure that was deliberate.

There better be a mother of young children on that jury who just wants to hold out for a few nights peace and quiet in a hotel. :floorlaugh:

I do not know what the verdict will be, honestly. This entire trial has evidence that is very conflicting with whether Magnotta is guility or not. I am hoping for the best, and I believe Luka is guility, but also preparing for the worst. And mind you, the jury has a lot of stuff to go over. This is quite a long and tried out case

I see the Eaton Centre shooter was found guilty today. His NCR claim was dismissed. The jury did find him guilty of second degree instead of first though. :(

As an interesting side note, his lawyer was Dirk Derstine. Michael Rafferty's lawyer for the Canadians reading here.

MOO

I see the Eaton Centre shooter was found guilty today. His NCR claim was dismissed. The jury did find him guilty of second degree instead of first though. :(

As an interesting side note, his lawyer was Dirk Derstine. Michael Rafferty's lawyer for the Canadians reading here.

MOO

The fact that he was found guilty of second degree murder means the jury did believe his PTSD defence at least a little bit. There is a huge difference in the sentence as well, so this verdict can be considered a small victory for the defence IMO.

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 7m 7 minutes ago

#Magnotta Day Three of deliberations begins now. #CJAD

​Firstly, I'd like to thank all of my fellow sleuthers here. Both admins, seasoned ones and fresh arrivals.

I honestly don't remember how I found websleuths.com, but this LRM case here made headlines online (even here in Denmark), I stumbled across it and began following it out of sheer curiosity and interest. I am an Internet user since before it was officially "invented"... and until I found this forum here, I was completely unaware that good people actually collaborate and help each other get to grips with criminal cases, and even solving them, to the extent that you all do.

Needless to say, I am extremely grateful for being allowed in, and able to follow this and other cases in this forum.

Websleuths.com has been my only source of reference since I discovered it.
IMO that goes to show what a huge value this forum has - in diversity of opinions, new and unknown sources of information, extensive linking, anything and everything offered up for evaluation, and comments by so many excellent commenters and posters. I have been quite opinionated from the get go regarding this particular case. I won't delve into that, I write that off to a well-developed gut feeling (IMHO). Intuition... experience (bad and good)... it can be many things. What ever I posted, I did so because I am like that. My first impressions rarely decieve me.

I have been surprised, shaken and brought to doubt though, by many of your postings, fellow sleuthers. I credit you for that, and I thank you for that. I live alone, and I am quite often convinced that my opinion is truth. No one here tells me otherwise, lol. Turns out, the doubt is often beneficial... if for no other reason, then for reassessing what I immediately formed an opinion upon. And I find that input immensely valuable.

So thank you all. What ever verdict is passed here, you have all enriched my life, helped me understand, given me reason to think again, and doubt my own otherwise steadfast opinions.

Just wanted to put this in here. I have been unable to be in here very openly lately, and I owe a lot of postings a "Thanks" by now. So consider this a "Mass Thank You".
It is meant quite sincerely.

The longer this jury deliberates, the more I think they will come back with a not criminally responsible verdict.
They saw that gruesome video, where everything was very planned to have the biggest impact of gore, not voices in that disgusting hair transplanted head of his.

Every step was very well calculated and thought out.

And if this disgusting little freak ever sees the light of day it will be a travesty of justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member