MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this is gang related. I think the situation escalated because a vindictive, manipulative, irrational female who probably has few, if any, girl friends felt Jessica "disrespected" her. Maybe Jessica ignored her phone calls. Maybe nutso female felt Jessica smiled at her man too much or not enough and was a snob slumming around to smoke pot and to act all street as the mood hit. Maybe Jessia was tired of loaning nutso female clothes, her car or being her taxi service and nutso female eventually trash-talked Jessica enough to some soft brained guy who felt he had something to prove or lose so he did what he had to do to pacify nutso female.
It's way past my bed time.
Did Jessica ever hang around with the girls that talked about her in interviews?

JMO Her mother said that she really was not hanging out with anyone, to her knowledge, after she had returned from the Leah's hiatus. If it is true that JC was on a new life path, she may have been slowly cultivating new friends...from her new job. Her mom said that she usually was at work, home, or across the street, either at a neighbors house, or her grandmothers. She had probably known all of the people we have seen interviewed, but was not necessarily best buddies with any of them. Lynnsey Fowler remembered her from years ago overnights with Lynnsey's half-or step sister, Amber. And Lynnsey , maybe longer ago, but also recently saw her often at "Sonic", as that is where she said she works. She called JC "one of my Sonic babies". If anyone knew about JC's RECENT activities and/or thoughts and new life plan, it would be people who she had been talking to RECENTLY. Grandma, mom, neighbor and new co-workers. I hope LE has interviewed all of those people. JMO

See, I have a hard time seeing her anywhere other than inside that car. Where do you think she was? I'm not being smart. I am truly interested. And thanks for the welcome the other day!
This was in response to FFJ.
I always forget something.

I think she was probably secured to the gate or the tree. At least for a short time. Ugh, I didn't really want to think that, or to type it out.

I think she was probably secured to the gate or the tree. At least for a short time. Ugh, I didn't really want to think that, or to type it out.

Hmm. If so, wouldn't there be fuel evidence and maybe DNA evidence on the tree or gate? Maybe. JMO

Investigators in Jessica Chambers case search for new clues

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...in-jessica-chambers-case-search-for-new-clues

"We still have some gaps that we don't have an answer to at this point, and those are some of the things we're still trying to figure out on these gaps," said Champion. "Quite frankly, we're still getting little tidbits of new information periodically that we're following up on."

Investigators believe the attack could have been targeted at Jessica Chambers, but they aren't ruling anything out.

Jessica Chambers' mother is getting increasingly frustrated.

On WMC Action News 5 at 10, Janice Broach talks to Lisa Chambers about how her daughter had turned her life around and made plans for the future.
bbm

I find that bothersome.

It's not only possible, it's probable. Assuming she were in the vehicle when it was set aflame her first reaction assuming she were conscious would be to exit the vehicle immediately.

The following again, MOO.

I think a highly volatile accelerant was used on the vehicle. I don't think you would find a vehicle so close to a total burnout if a mere combustible agent were used. There isn't a great deal of complimentary fuel inside the vehicle to burn, by complimentary I mean flammables exclusive of the accelerant. Yet you have paint that's been vaporized on the exterior, and hardly any combustibles remaining on the interior. To me that suggests an extremely hot fire.

Also, how hard would it have been to find some healthy branches to just wedge the doors shut. Assuming I wanted to burn someone alive inside their vehicle, that simple detail would add a modicum of control to the situation. In a fire that intense, the victim wouldn't last more than two or three minutes tops. They'd probably suffocate before the fire could kill them.

Considering that, a really volatile accelerant usually has a good woosh factor, and every professional in the firefighting field I've talked with about this case tells me that "they really used a lot of fuel" to get this done. I don't think you could do that successfully post ignition.

I really don't think she would have survived as long as she did, if she had been in the vehicle at all when it was burning.

No need to clarify snarkiness, you've never posted anything to me that I've ever considered snarky, you've always been polite and respectful, and I hope I've done the same with you. The snarky :rolleyes: critters round here are pretty visible, easy to identify, and to block :laughing:

Sorry for the sort of late reply, I'm still under the weather a bit, my time online, and the frequency of my visits have been a little haphazard and sparse.
Hey there, I was hoping you were sleeping or working, sorry youre not feeling up to par...... feel better soon ;)
As always thanks for explaining.
My possible scenarios change day to day.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...in-jessica-chambers-case-search-for-new-clues

"We still have some gaps that we don't have an answer to at this point, and those are some of the things we're still trying to figure out on these gaps," said Champion. "Quite frankly, we're still getting little tidbits of new information periodically that we're following up on."

Investigators believe the attack could have been targeted at Jessica Chambers, but they aren't ruling anything out.

On WMC Action News 5 at 10, Janice Broach talks to Lisa Chambers about how her daughter had turned her life around and made plans for the future.

bbm
I find that bothersome.

BBM
I'll see your bothersome and raise you a worrisome @CHERIE.T. :desert:

Just looking for an update as I was away for a day because of work. Specifically, have any charges been brought or arraignment dates set for the two individuals mentioned with possible ties to this case, which appear to have bonded out of Penola County Jail over the weekend?

Janice Broach reports Jan 13, '15 10:54 pm est
Mom brings up book, Leah's house and that ¨people know.¨ DA kind of concurs.

“She had anger issues," explained Lisa Chambers. "She would I guess get mad because she had to stay at home.”

She said her daughter had gotten counseling for her anger issues.

“Me and her had a problem at home with her mouth and the way she acted," recalled Lisa Chambers. "And we had her sent there so she could learn to act more like a lady. ”

Been wondering about this for a while. Does the gas can guy at the counter look the same to anybody as this guy BB, who was interviewed? I just don't see the resemblance but it's hard to with these kinds of videos. What happened to all his hair? The guy paying at the station doesn't look to me as having all that hair BB does in the video. I know, LE may have it confirmed it was BB buying the gas from eyewitnesses as well, but I still think that he doesn't look like himself by height or resemblance.

bbm
So glad you asked. Ive thought the same thing as you.

Yes, all of us in MS are not all backwards nor ignorant. There are times when "common sense" is better than "book sense"! Sometimes book sense can cloud a mind to think more complicated than things really are. I know several "good ole boys" and would gladly love for them to be working this case.

“She had anger issues," explained Lisa Chambers. "She would I guess get mad because she had to stay at home.”

She said her daughter had gotten counseling for her anger issues.

“Me and her had a problem at home with her mouth and the way she acted," recalled Lisa Chambers. "And we had her sent there so she could learn to act more like a lady. ”

bbm
well..............holy moly.
IMOO that sheds a different light on things.

Took me awhile to catch up on all of these great posts. I've been wondering why LE was so confident since the beginning that someone was with JC and that it was murder, and not suicide or accident of some kind. Been wracking my brain for weeks. Is it possible she wasn't fully clothed? Like maybe her pants were off to the side untouched by the fire? I don't know. Probably a dumb thought. Carry on with the great discussion :)

Between your post and Flatfootjoe's speculation that JC might have been restrained in some way, a light bulb went on over my head! If there was evidence JC was restrained, it would be a logical conclusion that someone had to have been with her! Good thinking all of you!

My soon-to-be daughter-in-law is a nurse practitioner, and she has said she would stop to help someone in need, but would not identify herself as a medical professional, for fear of a lawsuit.

I can totally understand it. That is a real possibility. MOO

GM may live with someone but is not in a committed relationship so we have no way of knowing who was the victim. any of his partners past or present could be the victim.

The most likely candidate is RDT who also is listed in the Panolian as RDMister (April 8, 2014, page 7) [Unfortunately I can not locate the actual Panolian article. I've looked through issues: April 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, and 23 and she is not listed! However the Panolian search-engine, page 3 clearly states that she was "arrested and charged with driving while license suspended, no proof of insurance and possession of paraphernalia. The case will be heard in Justice Court." ]

IMO thats a good thing no should be forced to do that, they might regret helping or not helping depending on the outcome. Me personally if I see it happen I will due my duty as a human with a heart. If I don't know exactly whats going on I will dial 911 and roll on. Its sad yes but, I hear it all the time drivers getting holes in their head by stopping and helping when someone was in "trouble" and it turning out to be a trap so they can steal their cargo.

It's awful, though, when you find out the good samaritan was killed trying to save someone from drowning or, recently -no links sorry--got hit by a car trying to help someone else that had a car accident. Why does God allow that? (Rhetorical) MOO

I just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth with regard to the accelerant. IMO, the lab results must be back by now and known to the LE agencies that are investigating this case. I also believe that any test results will not be divulged until such time that a trial (& we hope) takes place. This may seem trivial but I feel that LE would not want the killer(s) to be alerted to the accelerant information that they have in their possession (MOO). I'm sure that when they do have a suspect(s) search warrants will be obtained for his/her/their houses, places of work, vehicles etc. They would search for any accelerant that may be stored at the latter. Yes, this is a long shot and any containers may have been discarded a long time ago. But then again, maybe not. Evidence of this nature would be particularly valuable should it be something more unusual (unlike gasoline). In many cases, LE doesn't divulge evidence from a crime scene since it would be known only to the perp(s) and LE.
As an aside, I have many American relatives, two of whom live in Tennessee. These are cousins who are very dear and close to me; one born in Kentucky and his wife in Mississippi. She still has several relatives in MS. I'm going to call them to see what they think. They know I follow crime stories! Lol! In fact, during one of our Tennessee visits, Mary Winkler killed her preacher husband and took off for the Gulf coast. When she was released on parole/custody (I just forget) these same cousins saw her working in a dry cleaner shop in a town not far from them! Sorry for the OT but just wanted to throw it in.

Best I've seen giving us more of an insight into what Jessica might have been dealing with recently. Thanks so much for posting it. MOO

bbm
well..............holy moly.
IMOO that sheds a different light on things.

One thing that comes to mind: If that's the case, and attending Leah's House wasn't court-ordered, then JC also agreed to go, as she was over 18 at the time. I don't think her parents could have had her sent anywhere at that point. That she went suggests that she did want to make changes in her life. Maybe there was even another reason she wanted to go?

Yes, all of us in MS are not all backwards nor ignorant. <snip>.

My family is from Mississippi. <snip>

dairydog,your included. I just saw your post :grouphug:

:eek:fftopic: I am the local goodwill ambassador for Mississippi. I have so many wonderful memories of my family summers there.

Quick Corinth story. I was in my city post office mailing a package to Cornith when the clerk looked at the destination & commented it was his dream to visit Corinth,MS. He went on to say that his trip included site seeing at Shiloh,TN. Now,that just tickled me. I told him if he ever made the trip to be sure and eat at Catfish Hotel in Shiloh,TN. He smiled and said he would definitely do that! :smile:.

Well,off I go but I just had to give a holler out to Corinth! :great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member