Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I started crying and told dad that she always does this and doesn’t think about other people,” she said.

from a family that never argued... sure.

Oddly , to me, not a lot of this rings true., what Sarah doesn't say is, what was DIFFERENT about THIS time, from all the other times when ' she always did this'....

“Mum carries a puffer for when it’s cold because she finds it hard to breathe when it’s cold.

The medical condition reported very early.

“I feel like mum has gone for a walk but something has happened because she had her clothes ready for work and she would have taken dad’s car to work because she had his keys.”

Nocookies
Karen Ristevski murder: daughter Sarah’s frantic search revealed

I am lost for words.

Justice for Karen

If my immediate family was up to their eyeballs in $1m+ debt, I'd expect anyone to question my choices.
So Kev, setting aside designer labels and strategically placed brand bags, can you share your theory on what you think happened to Karen?
I really don’t have an opionion! Honestly I don’t, things will roll out how it will and the truth will prevail. I’m just there to support a family who I consider my own! But really I’m not sounding like a brat but some figures are twisted. As a household sometimes our cc statements can reach 90k say if we buy a car. My parents negative gear certain subsidiaries of their business to pay less taxes. A figure is a figure and sometimes are distorted. But yeah, end of the day I have no opinion on the matter I’m just here for support

I really don’t have an opionion! Honestly I don’t, things will roll out how it will and the truth will prevail. I’m just there to support a family who I consider my own! But really I’m not sounding like a brat but some figures are twisted. As a household sometimes our cc statements can reach 90k say if we buy a car. My parents negative gear certain subsidiaries of their business to pay less taxes. A figure is a figure and sometimes are distorted. But yeah, end of the day I have no opinion on the matter I’m just here for support

Your here for support. What type of support are you seeking?

With them for their support I mean, not on this website. Just here to peruse and see what people are saying and I guess I shouldn’t get involved

Sorry you have lost me.
I am really interesting in hearing your thoughts and what you think happened to Karen.
Don't know if that is the type of support you are seeking.

“I think my grandparents asked where mum was in their language and I think my dad told them that mum was at the shop so they wouldn’t get worried,” she said.

Nocookies

I am surprised Sarah isn't bi - lingual.

My dad is Italians, speaks it fluently and I can’t understand or speak it lol

Really I ignorantly assumed that you would pick the language up - if it was being used around you when you were growing up.

Nope! I picked up a few words here and there, my paternal grandparents mainly spoke Italian too as English was their second language and still I didn’t pick the language up. I think because my dad only ever spoke to me in English so I didn’t really have an opportunity to learn the language.

Witness Glenn Golfis told the court he saw a black Mercedes Benz coupe parked facing the wrong way on the side of a road in Mount Macedon in June 2016.

He said he rang Crime Stoppers in January 2017 after he saw reports of police calling for witnesses who saw a Mercedes in the Mount Macedon area, but he did not hear back from detectives for several months.

Mr Golfis said he had originally told Crime Stoppers he saw a man outside the vehicle.

"In the statement to police I said I wasn't sure and I couldn't describe him, probably because a lot of months had gone past," he said.

Witnesses spotted Mercedes near where Karen Ristevski's body was found, court hears

“I feel like mum has gone for a walk but something has happened because she had her clothes ready for work and she would have taken dad’s car to work because she had his keys.”

Nocookies

So Sarah knew Borce was out in Karen's car that morning or why else would she mention Karen taking Borces car?
What clothes did she have out ready for work?
What clothing was she found in?

“Mum gets really worried about the money side of the business,” she said.
I could imagine, Karen didn't know the truth about their debts because of extenuations by her personal super special accountant. Maybe, he was only giving advice "no sales", ""sales", "more stock", "less stock", "less employees", "less wage", "less overtime" and so on, without detailed explanations. No wonder, they had a fight sometimes, especially if he was no more than a little bit Uber-driving here and there.

Nocookies

So Sarah knew Borce was out in Karen's car that morning or why else would she mention Karen taking Borces car?
What clothes did she have out ready for work?
What clothing was she found in?
We didn't hear about Karen's clothing and if it was the clothing, the mannequin was dressed with, IMO.
Interesting, that Karen planned to drive BR's car. BR had therefore the task making his own car key disappear into the Mount Macedon Regional Park?

“I think my grandparents asked where mum was in their language and I think my dad told them that mum was at the shop so they wouldn’t get worried,” she said.

Nocookies

I am surprised Sarah isn't bi - lingual.
So Sarah learned from the beginning "funder fighs" and "finking of somefink". Too bad, because being bi-lingual would have been useful (at dinner ie).

I find it really confusing that on one hand, “Police say Mr Ristevski did not tell Sarah that her mother was missing on the day she went missing or ask whether she had heard from her mother.” (Ristevski daughter breaks her silence)

Yet Sarah’s two statements, released today talk about her ‘frantic’ search for Karen’s passport, or a note, after she got home from dinner with her grandparents, on the day Karen went missing?

Her statement also includes “I started crying and told dad that she always does this and doesn’t think about other people” which seems to indicate that Borce and Sarah did discuss Karen being missing on the 29th.

Also, when it is (according to Sarah and Borce) so common for Karen to storm out to be alone after a disagreement, would she engage in a “frantic” search for Karen’s passport, or a note when she saw her Mum that morning & it is common form for Karen to leave to be alone for hours after an argument?

Even more confusing is that these apparent contradictions to not seem do have been put to Sarah whilst she was giving evidence. I think the rules of evidence relating to ‘puttage’ mean that the prosecutor cannot bring up these contradictions in court unless he raised them during Sarah’s time in the witness box, giving her a chance to explain them.

Last edited:
I find it really confusing that on one hand, “Police say Mr Ristevski did not tell Sarah that her mother was missing on the day she went missing or ask whether she had heard from her mother.” (Ristevski daughter breaks her silence)

Yet Sarah’s two statements, released today talk about her ‘frantic’ search for Karen’s passport, or a note, after she got home from dinner with her grandparents, on the day Karen went missing?

Her statement also includes “I started crying and told dad that she always does this and doesn’t think about other people” which seems to indicate that Borce and Sarah did discuss Karen being missing on the 29th.

Also, when it is (according to Sarah and Borce) so common for Karen to storm out to be alone after a disagreement, would she engage in a “frantic” search for Karen’s passport, or a note when she saw her Mum that morning & it is common form for Karen to leave to be alone for hours after an argument?

Even more confusing is that these apparent contradictions to not seem to have been put to Sarah whilst she was giving evidence. I think the rules of evidence relating to ‘puttage’ mean that the prosecutor cannot bring up these contradictions in court unless he raised them during Sarah’s time in the witness box, giving her a chance to explain them.

Is it correct, that Prosecutors cannot bring this up later, as not questioned here, at Committal Hearing? I hope it doesn't also mean this would apply at trial, that Sarah cannot be questioned about this, as was not, at Committal Hearing.

Is it correct, that Prosecutors cannot bring this up later, as not questioned here, at Committal Hearing? I hope it doesn't also mean this would apply at trial, that Sarah cannot be questioned about this, as was not, at Committal Hearing.

This would apply only to this Commital Hearing.

Assuming this goes to trial, Sarah can be a witness & they could then put these contradictions to her whilst she is in the witness box. Once they have done that, they can then use/point out/talk about these contradictions.

Unless these contradictions were put to Sarah when she was in the witness box and it went unreported, they are out of bounds for this Hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53