Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really random thought but also possible: could WC have found her Fitbit and/or Iphone on or near his property and brought it/them inside thinking someone lost them? The phone could have been ringing on silent in his possession and pinging from his house which *looks* really bad when the police show up, but maybe he had plans to try and find the owner or just sell them. If he sold it... maybe he needed LE’s help finding the person he sold it to. Just a thought. IMO seems like he may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time? His record doesn’t help

Edit: I don’t go off on too much of a tangent but if anyone erased her data from the phone completely... yikes

Fitbit and cell have not been located. Only the data from the Fitbit that ended at the farm.

I have always thought Mollie went missing while on her evening run. With that said I was quite surprised to hear her dad say on his interview 'somebody came to the house' known to Mollie. Does he know something or is he just guessing too?
He emphasized quite clearly "This is SPECULATION" But that doesn't mean he doesn't also know something... just from experience in these types of cases, the parents usually don't seem to know much more than is public.

The point of the post was that it was first time I'd considered the selfie could have been taken inside a car, instead of in someone's house (unknown specifics in both cases, bf being unsure where it was taken, but not totally familiar background, which is why he said "looked like it was taken indoors"). LE asked Mollie's mom if she could confirm whether Mollie was "in a house" at 9:45 pm (15 minutes before Dalton opened the last snapchat photo from Mollie).
I would also like to know the expression on her face in that sc. I wonder if the perp took the pic of her and sent it to him.

As the reward money continues to go up, now to $300k, I will say again that I think it is a potentially harmful strategy for getting tips to help find her, and actually impedes the investigation. I think any shady person involved with this who knows who has her will keep waiting before saying anything, as they know that reward money is just going to keep going up the longer they wait. Furthermore, the higher it goes, the more false leads they are going to get as greedy people try to get that money. I don't understand why they don't freeze it.

The point of the post was that it was first time I'd considered the selfie could have been taken inside a car, instead of in someone's house (unknown specifics in both cases, bf being unsure where it was taken, but not totally familiar background, which is why he said "looked like it was taken indoors"). LE asked Mollie's mom if she could confirm whether Mollie was "in a house" at 9:45 pm (15 minutes before Dalton opened the last snapchat photo from Mollie).

Did she take that last selfie in her bf's house, someone else's house, or in her car or someone else's car? LE hasn't said whether they narrowed that location down.
I got your point in the first post, so my questions still apply. Thanks

Furthermore, the higher it goes, the more false leads they are going to get as greedy people try to get that money. I don't understand why they don't freeze it.
Respectfully snipped for focus. Because every time the reward goes higher, Mollie gets more coverage in the media, more eyeballs looking for her.

Hey guys....I was reading through around page 7 or 8 on this thread and paused to do some independent research. I don’t know if someone has commented this already because I just found out about this case a couple of hours ago and am getting caught up. But I found something to add to the timeline.

On July 18th at 5:08 pm someone tweeted. Mollie “liked” the tweet. I don’t know what time she liked it, but I had to be after 5:08pm.

Today is Tuesday.

I doubt they are going to wait to Friday to announce a major breakthrough.

If they found evidence that implicates the Perp, I think they have a Press Conf at 9:00pm, Monday night.

What is the average age of graduating seniors in Iowa? Mollie turned 19 the May of her senior year in HS. I wonder if she was sick as a child and missed a grade or two.
I think posts here have quoted MSM as saying she was born and grew up in Oakland, CA, and moved to Iowa with her mom and 2 brothers when her parents divorced and she was in second grade. Also that she has/had asthma, but not sure if either of those background factoids would have any bearing on your question.

In CA and other states in the past, a child couldn't start kindergarten in September unless they were already 5 years old, so knew people whose kids were turning 5 in later September or later in the year who weren't admitted, so would have started K at 6 years of age and been seniors at 19.

I would also like to know the expression on her face in that sc. I wonder if the perp took the pic of her and sent it to him.
completely agree. while technology can tell us so much, it can also give any abductor (or any other negative character) so many possibilities to impersonate, mislead and lie.

while i agree LE should follow a digital trail until we receive more concrete information, im skeptical of who was on her computer "doing homework", who sent a snapchat, who had her fitbit last, who even sent the "OK" text to her mom re dinner etc. its just too easy to commit identity theft against someone's digital profile for a short period of time (re it would be hard to do for weeks/months/years but if they wanted to stage a scene/cover their initial trail, it would be amateur to do within the time period of wednesday evening to thursday morning, imo.)

Going back to where M might be, there is one thing that could be addressed. There are native turkey buzzards/vultures with Iowa habitat. You can often see them circling over a deceased animal. I would think it M were in a cornfield, this would be a clue.

Fitbit and cell have not been located. Only the data from the Fitbit that ended at the farm.

I know we have the quote in the media of the maintenance man saying LE told him her Fitbit data showed she was running near his house. Not sure LE would release that kind of info to anyone at all, but there it was. He said it.

Also, there may be some evidence she was witnessed running in attire like most runners wear, but might be seen as small clothing. Not thinking that as judgement, just something a weirdo might notice.

Unlikely transients were in the area (although can’t rule it out).

Seems to me this crime occurred by someone who knew her and her patterns, or by someone in the area who saw her running.

Don't do "social media". Are there any posts from Mollie anyplace about the dress she would wear to the upcoming wedding ? Any posts about dress fittings, etc ? Also the bride's dress, did she ever mention that ? TIA.

I think it's likely that the perp was wounded in some way during the crime. The person who committed it, would almost certainly exhibit some changes in appearance, and/or behavior in the days and weeks following the crime. I hope you're right and someone comes forward to report their suspicions. Most of the time the suspicious individual is not involved, but it only takes one.

Reminds me of a book I once read. It was a case study on serial killers and rapists. Their adrenalin gets pumping so much, that it's not uncommon for them to head to the emergency room after an assault of murder, thinking they are having a heart attack. Yeah I do some strange reading.

IF the red shirt was found by the hog farm/ fitbit made it to there/ etc., perhaps someone who knew the reputation/history of the person who lives there planted evidence to try to pin whatever crime may have been committed on him.

As much as I understand him, the companies will never go against their protocols. They have existing procedures in place and the companies follow the law in that regard.

They will never bend or break their own protocols. Its way too important for their business and its clearly defined for them on how they go about releasing information to LE.
Wrong. When a company is asked to give information in a case that involves a missing girl -- and the information could possibly lead to the recovery of an abducted girl -- the company will turn over the information. Trust me on this. I've seen it happen. No company wants the PR nightmare of having a dead child/girl on their hands. The company might deny that they gave police any info, and the FBI might even deny that they got the info, but believe me, it happens.

I thought we didn’t know if the Red shirt had any attachment to the case, whatsoever, and I thought it was found at a Park.

IF the red shirt was found by the hog farm/ fitbit made it to there/ etc., perhaps someone who knew the reputation/history of the person who lives there planted evidence to try to pin whatever crime may have been committed on him.

The initial story I read said she was last wearing a red shirt and denim shorts. Scroll back. So many errors in reporting, but I see where the red shirt makes sense to so many here. It may have just been an error on what she might have been wearing when she actually disappeared, but it is an oddity I hope will be clarified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa