AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that struck me this AM is how did she drop her phone in the parking lot without noticing it? If it wasn’t in her hand, where was it? A purse? A pocket?

I went back to check and the original articles only mention the tee shirt and hat—not the type of pants or shorts she was wearing.

Hmmm, I appreciate hearing the new (albeit alleged as that poster is not a VI) information...

indeed, what if cars 2 and 3 ARE the same car... what could that mean... great ideas so far IMO. And keeps me planted at something going on there at that station in those 16 minutes. Key, of course, is finding the car, which could be ANYWHERE in ANY condition by now.

Without any judgment one way or the other as to whether or not the friend should be identified and/or speak up, I will just say I am VERY surprised that such friend, and that friend's story of what happened, has remained a mystery.

While I would LOVE to know more about this friend, I don’t necessarily see his behavior as suspicious.

If he’s a young guy who isn’t best friends with her/didn’t know her that well, I can see him thinking she blew him off and deciding to just return the phone the next day. Especially since he had probably been drinking at the bar.

And I would actually be more surprised if he did come forward to the media—knowing that being the last person to see her alive makes him a top POI! I’m sure all his friends and family are advising against it.

Plus, reporters would be asking “Why didn’t you go back to look for her? Why didn’t you take the phone to her home?” and all kinds of questions, second-guessing his actions that night. Even a media pro would have trouble answering those things without looking either guilty or like a complete jerk.

If he had done something to her, I doubt he would have given the phone to someone at the bar, who could identify him.

I am *pretty sure* I read on this thread that the friend gave the phone back to JT and she turned it into the police. I will have to do some digging for the source to that info!

I guess here's a question: why isn't anyone releasing the friend's name? Local news reporters could be showing up at their door asking for an interview, pestering the person for more information. There have to be eager young journalists in Mobile who want a story.

BBM. That is why. According to JT, he was cleared. Either way, they don't want his life ruined or they want full control of surveilling and interviewing him.

Here's what I'm thinking...Two cars pull in (hers and her friend's). She explains she lost phone and asks her friends to call someone so she could score (possibility their mutual drug supplier). After calling the friend leaves and her dealer pulls up. She and her dealer do some drugs together and talk for 16 minutes. She then drives off into a ravine somewhere. :(

I really don't get a drug vibe from Danniella. She has a steady job and a child with a military family. She looks healthy and doesn't have any evidence of drug use on SM or police encounters.

I am *pretty sure* I read on this thread that the friend gave the phone back to JT and she turned it into the police. I will have to do some digging for the source to that info!

Julie Dykes Thomas

One thing that struck me this AM is how did she drop her phone in the parking lot without noticing it? If it wasn’t in her hand, where was it? A purse? A pocket?

I went back to check and the original articles only mention the tee shirt and hat—not the type of pants or shorts she was wearing.
A stretch perhaps since we don't know what her phone looks like (if there are photos do share) but maybe her phone case was large enough/ soft enough to make it so that if she dropped it with the screen facing up she wouldn't hear that thud we all know.

I really don't get a drug vibe from Danniella. She has a steady job and a child with a military family. She looks healthy and doesn't have any evidence of drug use on SM or police encounters.

Julie Dykes Thomas
A couple things lead me to think drugs are a possibility. One of her friends mentions that she is proud of the changes she's made in her life. Then in the post at the link below you'll see her joking with a pal about what appears to be her passing a pre-employment (drug) test. That being said...it could just be pot but more serious drugs are definitely a possibility. I don't see too many reasons to hang out for 16 minutes at a gas station TBH.

Danniella Vian

Hmm, I couldn’t quote the quoted message with this.

Anyway, I read through the comments (wow, there’s a ton!) and JT said the friend found the phone and gave it to police. So perhaps he was holding onto it until he saw her again.

Three other interesting things I noticed in her answers to questions:

— The video is not from the Shell—apparently police said the Shell didn’t have working cameras. So it must have been from a business across the street.

— Danniella and the friend were going different places to hang out with people she works/has worked with

— She was pretty concerned about the possibility of sex trafficking at one point, because the Shell is near some “shipping containers.”

She also confirmed what was implied by the journal page posted earlier and a previous MSM article—the daughter lives with JT. Danniella doesn’t see her every day, but it sounds like she calls her every day. So JT was immediately worried when she didn’t hear from Danniella the next day.

Would Danniella have known the car had GPS? I can’t imagine her paying for an OnStar subscription when it sounds like finances were a concern.

But you know who DID know for sure that the car had GPS—and could use it to locate her quickly—and would know how to disable it? Someone at the dealer. Apparently, Pearl Motors is a buy here, pay here shop and it’s a common practice to enable GPS tracking on the cars.

I hope they checked out everyone working at the dealer that day!

Would Danniella have known the car had GPS? I can’t imagine her paying for an OnStar subscription when it sounds like finances were a concern.

But you know who DID know for sure that the car had GPS—and could use it to locate her quickly—and would know how to disable it? Someone at the dealer. Apparently, Pearl Motors is a buy here, pay here shop and it’s a common practice to enable GPS tracking on the cars.

I hope they checked out everyone working at the dealer that day!

When you purchase a used car you get OnStar free for a month, the same for Sirrus Radio etc.

One of my good friends just informed me that she actually saw the surveillance video when it came out and was up for only 15 minutes. (WPMI Facebook page) I have asked her if she could come in here and give a detailed description of what she saw in the video. So far she is the only person I personally know that saw it.

A couple things lead me to think drugs are a possibility. One of her friends mentions that she is proud of the changes she's made in her life. Then in the post at the link below you'll see her joking with a pal about what appears to be her passing a pre-employment (drug) test. That being said...it could just be pot but more serious drugs are definitely a possibility. I don't see too many reasons to hang out for 16 minutes at a gas station TBH.

Danniella Vian

I think those changes refer to her going to school and being on her own after her breakup but we really don't know! It is extremely likely she is a marijuana user but she doesn't have the indicators of a meth or heroin user. There is always a period of things being OK when a person starts using so it is something to keep in mind of course.

— She was pretty concerned about the possibility of sex trafficking at one point, because the Shell is near some “shipping containers.”

The shipping containers she was referring to are where LE told her the car originally pinged, which is at the East end of Dauphin St (if you cross over Water St.). I think that is the most we can say about that as LE is now publicly stating the last ping is at the Shell, so that is what we have to believe is the truth. For the sake of speculation, if her car pinged at that dock the night she disappeared, it changes everything.

The shipping containers she was referring to are where LE told her the car originally pinged, which is at the East end of Dauphin St (if you cross over Water St.). I think that is the most we can say about that as LE is now publicly stating the last ping is at the Shell, so that is what we have to believe is the truth. For the sake of speculation, if her car pinged at that dock the night she disappeared, it changes everything.

When I first shared the original missing post from JT on FB, it stated that the last ping was on Dauphin St and it was a faint ping so possibly in a parking garage. A few hours later I went back and looked at it again, and it had been changed to the ping being at the Shell. I'm glad to see a mention of this because I thought I was going nuts, like I had just imagined it saying that. It has also made me wonder.

Latest from WKRG was a body was removed but it was too decomposed to tell if it was male or female. They are waiting for a statement from LE. The crime scene tape has been removed from the area and LE left the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat