AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live about an hour from Barron —- the meth problem around Barron, Washburn, Sawyer counties is positively alarming.

Local scanner page includes numerous OD responses a week.

I bring this up because someone mentioned that the BCSD didn’t “have much else to do” other than investigate Jayme’s case. Also:

The rumor mill is flying up this way... Spooner police (30 minutes north of Barron) recently arrested and prosecuted a couple for sex trafficking, which makes a lot of people question the validity of the sheriff saying the public is safe.
Google DrydenWire - it should be in recent news.

<modsnip - rumor >

Even being an hour away, people are on edge in my town.

This as well! There is a human trafficking problem in all of Wisconsin and it has been getting worse lately.

Today show covered the press conference yesterday - nothing new they know who placed the call and Will not release this information - imo this may be because that release may endanger Jayme further

Last edited:
Here’s what I think happened. Possibly a meth head was trying to rob the house and had cased it before. Kicks down door, shoots dad, ties mom up to chair and asks her about loot in the house. Meanwhile Jayme is in her room hiding, but terrified. She calls 911, phone is taken away by perp ( who finds her). Doesn’t have time as they already had killed both parents and realize police on way. Quickly grab Jayme ( possibly for sexual reasons). Unfortunately, I don’t think this will bear well for Jayme. They get away quick bec. it is a person in the community. Possibly someone with land/ barn etc. I
Hope this isn’t the scenario, but if it is, unlikely that she is alive.

After just moving from a town saturated with addicts I don't see this happening. We had a breaking and entering issue as well as theft but were always told it was non-violent. Don't leave valuables in your car, lock your doors, stay alert. Porch pirates and car break ins were huge. But they are just looking for my things they can sell or cash for their next fix. I feel like this is a lot bigger than that. I still believe it is drug related, just not in that sense.

Exactly. It’s a mystery.

But I think them hanging around that long is unlikely, especially after just committing two murders in very loud fashion.

Perhaps one of the victims wasn’t dead, and managed to get off a phone call to 911.

Then again, that doesn’t explain the reported audio on the phone call.

You’re right. Puzzling.

I think the intention might have been to commit the offense in the House, but due to the 911 call plans. Changed quickly.

I live about an hour from Barron —- the meth problem around Barron, Washburn, Sawyer counties is positively alarming.

Local scanner page includes numerous OD responses a week.

I bring this up because someone mentioned that the BCSD didn’t “have much else to do” other than investigate Jayme’s case. Also:

The rumor mill is flying up this way... Spooner police (30 minutes north of Barron) recently arrested and prosecuted a couple for sex trafficking, which makes a lot of people question the validity of the sheriff saying the public is safe.
Google DrydenWire - it should be in recent news.

<modsnip - rumor >

Even being an hour away, people are on edge in my town.
kNOw METH Barron County

This is an older post. A good resource:
“Methamphetamine is back.”

With those chilling words, state Attorney General Brad Schimel sounded the alarm last week in Eau Claire about the resurgence of a highly addictive illegal drug that threatens to destroy more families and communities as it spreads across Wisconsin.
Much more at link:
Meth monster returns to Chippewa Valley and is extending its reach

Not possible. The parents were dead for almost a half hour by the time the call was made. Logically I think its pretty safe to say that Jayme was the one that placed the call.

I have not seen any statement from LE about the time of death nor have I seen a statement saying they know Jayme was there when the call was made. The only statements I have seen say LE believe Jayme was there when her parents were shot from evidence at the scene and in part from the 911 call. Evidence at the scene could be her footprint in blood . A parent near death could of been able to reach a phone and call 911. the noise in the background could be that same parent collapsing and with their last breaths be able to say " he/she/they took Jayme " We also do not know if both parents were dead when LE arrived or if one was still clinging to life.

This is my first post on Websleuths. IMO Jayme strikes me as being a down-to-earth young teen who is, as family said, quiet. She does not seem to me to be the type who is into the boyfriend scene yet, and it seems to me she is an unwilling participant in whatever transpired at her home that terrible night and afterwards. It is quite perplexing and hopefully her life will be spared by whoever brought violence upon her parents. I think this is more about a 'beef' with the parents and that Jayme was dragged into this whole thing. I haven't seen any other cases where an obsessive stalker first killed the parents of his target, and there sure would be easier ways to abduct a young girl without bringing her parents into the mix.
Insightful post. Well done Andreee. Welcome to WS.

I am looking into shifts and found this
JENNIE-O® Turkey | Delicious Recipes & Products to Eat Well

1:st shift 7 am-4pm, 2: 4pm-1 am, 3 shift 8pm-6 am,

I
12224.jpg

How does law enforcement know this - based on time first shots were heard by neighbor & time 911 call was placed?

Like in all cases the police agencies know a lot more than they will release to the public. They have found concrete evidence showing she was there.

The 911 call will become one of the most important pieces of evidence if the suspect is caught and brought to trial. They will keep what is on the call close to their vest.

They dont want the suspect to know what has been captured on it or what they have learned thus far.

They know a lot about the 911 call. That is how they know for sure Jayme was inside her home when the call was made.

I think they most likely located Jaymes cell phone maybe located under her bed. Imo it's her phone they have.

Imo

Last edited:
Just wanted to let you all know that they are showing her case here in Springfield MO on the local news. So she is getting attention. If whoever has her and takes her into any place, I believe that she will be recognized.

I think they most likely located Jaymes cell phone maybe located under her bed. Imo it's her phone they have.

Imo
Still a lot of information that disproves this. If Jayme is hiding under a bed with her phone, why does she wait nearly 30 minutes to dial 911. Also, I get the impression that there is not much in the way of conversation on the 911 call, after all, Jayme is making the call and being silent and who is the intruder going to talk to? Police also said the they've sent the call for enhancement, so I doubt there is anything meaningful on it.

<modsnipped not victim friendly and against TOS>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members