AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see basement windows in the pic of their house.

To me, the ones in front are not egress but perhaps in the back so there could be a bedroom?
Google Maps
(above from the media links page which has a lot of information about this case)
I think those are basement windows and it looks a bit like the house may be on an incline - walk out basement perhaps and an entry point potentially if so? Will hunt for a rear view of the house.
upload_2018-10-18_12-9-38.png

The sheriff confirming that Jayme was home at the time based on evidence could have been as simple as a cold 1/2 drank coke in a lit room with xbox playing or an open math book indicating homework being done. They know a kid lives there and now they can't find her. Finding and protecting her is the number 1 priority.

JMO

LE said they heard yelling in the background of the 911 call. I think they either heard Jayme yelling or they heard someone saying/yelling Jayme's name.

They seem very certain she was there so I don't think they know from piecing together clues but from something more direction - like hearing her or hearing her name.

Speculation on my part.

jmo

Another area to consider... At her age she may have carved out a hang out place or bedroom in the basement if the house is proved to have one. Maybe she tried to call 911 earlier but the walls blocked the signal. If there was no door to the outside, it would have prevented her from getting out during the commotion.

Speculation as no proof has been offered that this house has a basement. Could explain the delay between the shooting and the call.

The sheriff confirming that Jayme was home at the time based on evidence could have been as simple as a cold 1/2 drank coke in a lit room with xbox playing or an open math book indicating homework being done. They know a kid lives there and now they can't find her. Finding and protecting her is the number 1 priority.

JMO
If you look at the pics, you can see the windows for the basement. There is also a tuck under garage so there is a door from the basement to the garage.

Random thoughts III...

What time did Mom and Jayme return from the family gathering?
What time did Dad get home from work?
What was their typical evening routine?
Did Jayme have a regular bedtime?
What time did Mom and Dad go to bed that night, if they did?
Did they usually lock their doors?
How can we obtain a floor plan of the home?
Could Jayme have hidden in the basement?
Is there a utility room or washer/dryer in the basement?
Would Jayme have fit in a clothes dryer?

Have we verified how long from the two gunshots to the 911 call again? Trying to sift through all of this information is a bit difficult.

The killer/killers shot James and Denise Closs, but was this the intention of the killer/kidnapper? If the perp just wanted Jayme, it seems like there would be better times to kidnap the child then at 12:30 in the morning in a house with her parents around. And this being a bit of a rural setting, if I were the perp, I would plan on the family having some kind of firearm for self-defense. That sounds like a lot to contend with, and James looked like a fairly thick guy who could possibly handle himself. He's at least big enough to be a threat. That's a lot to contend with if the perps main purpose was to abduct Jayme. Why not just follow her until she's alone? It's bound to happen. Or, if he's not a local, perhaps the town was too small to blend in long enough to stalk her without arousing suspicion? If it's a local, I imagine it's someone who worked near or around Jayme, or at least someone who would be within eye sight of Jayme long enough to build some kind of fantasy surrounding the girl. If it's over Jayme at all, the perp must have interacted or seen her very recently.

It's also confusing because it seems like a disorganized homicide. It's not well thought out to shoot two people and attract that amount of attention and noise to a crime. Even in a rural place, a gunshot sound can travel, and while most country people might find it somewhat benign, someone still might hear and make a courtesy call. Any attention is bad for the perp. He would want all the time he could get to take Jayme and transport her to wherever he planned to take her. So, why commit this seemingly disorganized murder, but have a seemingly organized plan on how to contend with law enforcement after the fact? That doesn't add up for me.

I guess one, he could've been caught in the act while entering the home? I don't understand how the perp thought he could make it to the girls room and take her out of there without making enough noise to wake anyone. She could be kicking and struggling horribly, this is bound to make noise.

Sorry, I just typed out this incoherent mess. It's a horrific but interesting case, I really hope the girl can be brought home safely.

Random thoughts III...

What time did Mom and Jayme return from the family gathering?
What time did Dad get home from work?
What was their typical evening routine?
Did Jayme have a regular bedtime?
What time did Mom and Dad go to bed that night, if they did?
Did they usually lock their doors?
How can we obtain a floor plan of the home?
Could Jayme have hidden in the basement?
Is there a utility room or washer/dryer in the basement?
Would Jayme have fit in a clothes dryer?
Were Mom and Jayme alone when they returned from the Sunday birthday party that afternoon??

Our middle school bedtime was 10pm. lights out - no phones. and no tv's or computers in the rooms either.

I guess the parents or one of them could have survived for awhile after being shot.
There has to be a reason the shots were heard around 12:30 and LE called closer to 1:00.
It seems so odd to me that the perp(s) would shoot people and stick around for this long. What was going on? To my knowledge this wasn't a robbery gone bad but 2 murders and a taking of Jayme. We know there were no guns found at the scene. Did Jayme's family own guns and if so were they taken? So many unknowns at this time.
Jayme grew up in that house and she is small. Did she play hide and seek growing up as most children do? If so, she likely had some good hiding spots. Was she able to get to one, and could that account for some of the time between the shots and the 911 call?
MOO

Also the neighbors were awake, not sleeping. So if they only heard 2 shots then how did the door get shot open if there are 2 dead due to gunshot wounds? Someone elsewhere mentioned a silencer but then why not use that for the whole thing? These homes aren't soundproof enough to muffle the sounds of gunshots inside. Especially in this area where there is no noise pollution.
where was this mentioned? i wasn't able to watch the PC yesterday. Not challenging you, I'm just curious because every article I've read has said that at least Joan was woken up by the shot.

Either the sheriff needs to tell the public the type of gun that was used or keep it moving with this secret investigation they are doing. Jmo.

Because there could be more leads if they let the public know the type of gun.

This way locals or pawn shops or whomever can possibly tell them if that type of gun was either stolen from them or previously bought from a pawn shop or something. Jmo

Am sure the FBI & Sheriff's Dept has contacted the gun shops & pawn shops in the area.

Forgive me if this is known...I'm still catching up.

We do know what time the father arrived home from work?

Could the perp have been in the house to see the mom/daughter that the father didn't expect to see??? I don't mean an invited guest, but rather that the perp was in the house already - not someone who arrived at the time of the gunshots.

jmo

On Monday, at 12:53 a.m., dispatchers received a 911 call from a home in Barron. Dispatchers heard the sound of a "disturbance" but there was no conversation between the caller and the dispatcher. Police arrived and found James and Denise Closs, 56 and 46 years old respectively, dead inside the home. Their daughter, Jayme, was missing.

BBM - Adding info to our timeline.

Neighbors reported hearing two shots at 12:31 and the call was received at 12:53.

Sheriff: Jayme Closs's parents victims of homicide; no gun found

Forgive me if this is known...I'm still catching up.

We do know what time the father arrived home from work?

Could the perp have been in the house to see the mom/daughter that the father didn't expect to see??? I don't mean an invited guest, but rather that the perp was in the house already - not someone who arrived at the time of the gunshots.

jmo
Good morning, Inthedetails. I don't think we know when the father arrived home. We definitely don't know if the perp(s) was/were in the house. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa