GUILTY TX - Jazmine Barnes, 7, shot/killed in drive-by shooting, Houston, Dec 2018 *ARREST*

Them not being the intended targets does make sense though. From the beginning a case of mistaken identity was really the only thing that made any sense at all here. Unbelievable. I wonder who gave the tip even with the lack of accurate description?

All evidence gathered so far in the Jazmine Barnes Homicide case supports investigators’ strong belief that she and her family were innocent victims.”

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/eric-black-jr-jazmine-barnes-killer/

It doesn't sound like the cops believe they were INTENTIONALLY misled or lied to. I'm struggling to explain the crazy differences in their story and reality myself, but as of now the cops still say they are nothing but innocent victims. Per websleuths that will still mean no sleuthing them at all.

I wonder if they saw the red truck and that guy but didn't see where the shots came from. Perhaps they just assumed they came from him. We never saw a description of his arm or the gun right? So maybe they just made an assumption that the red truck was the perp? Trauma does crazy things to your brain.

This makes the most sense at the moment.

I'm extremely relieved to wake up this morning to learn arrests have finally been made.

I am in complete shock though as to who the suspects turned out to be.

All I can figure out is those in the car with Jazmine looked up and saw the white man in the red truck close to them and mistakenly thought he was the one involved. All of this happened in mere seconds.

It's awful to learn the suspects may be gang members. They are ruining so many cities now both large and small with their violent gang activity.

I imagine the man in the red truck was horrified and afraid he would be shot as well so he probably tried to flee the area...which is totally understandable. I certainly would have tried to get far away from where shots were being fired. Imo

Most likely the man in the truck found out it was him they were looking for and contacted LE.

He may have been one of the witnesses that was able to give the police the actual description of the suspects and vehicle.

I'm just thankful that no other innocent person was harmed. It had to be a very tense time for every man who drove a red truck and if they vaguely matched the description put out.

Emotions can get out of hand when a little child is killed.

I'm glad the arrests ended without anyone else being harmed.

Since they have been charged with capital murder I suspect the DA will ask for the death penalty as a sentencing option if they are convicted.

Justice for little Jazmine.

I don’t understand how this happened since it wasn’t the red truck? A white guy with blue eyes in a red truck pulls up - makes intense eye contact in the predawn hours so that a detailed sketch can be made - and shoots into their car.

No other car around at that time - none is mentioned, no one says - such as “hey there was a white car that passed by too”?

Prayers for Jazmine.

Last edited:
Stefania Okolie on Twitter
MORE BREAKING DEVELOPMENTS: Sources say red truck and the man driving it- that was given as shooter car/description in Jazmine Barnes case was NEVER INVOLVED IN SHOOTING. @HCSOTexas have 2 men in custody. https://abc13.com/sources-say-a-suspect-in-custody-for-jazmine-barnes-shooting/5021439/ …

Imo No one can be more relieved than the innocent man driving his red truck that had no involvement. Imo

I hope the media can locate this man so he can tell how it felt all of this time to know he was being hunted as a murderer of a beautiful 7 year old girl?

Even if he contacted LE proclaiming his innocence I doubt at that time LE would simply have taken his word for it.

I cant even imagine how he and his family felt or how afraid they have been.

I think LE had already spoken with him but still put him on the list of possible POIs. He may have even told them he saw the vehicle and the occupants and they may have felt he was just trying to place blame on others instead of himself.

What I would like to know is if any other eye witnesses other than the family purposefully gave a false description?

I do believe the family honestly thought he was the one. His truck would sit up much higher than a smaller vehicle if the suspects were in a smaller lower to the ground vehicle. His truck may have blocked them from seeing the suspect's vehicle. Imo

However others in the area at the time may have been able to get a better view of the suspects vehicle but it almost immediately came out the suspect was white driving a red truck.

So did other witnesses already know that wasnt the vehicle in question but went along with it for some unknown reason? Even though it was early in the morning there had to be other vehicles in the area at the same time as well. Imo

Its tragic that some will make statements to the police or even to the press who claimed to be eye witnesses and its later learned they were all made up lies.

It's happened before. That is why I wish some in high powered positions would just wait for all of the facts to unfold first before making claims without any foundation to support any of them.

It serves no purpose if it's done before the actual suspect is even known and only inflames the situation which is already overly emotional.

There is always plenty of time to speak to the press after the facts become fully known.

So I'm more interested in learning what other eye witnesses may have told them and if any of them had their own agenda to lie since I honestly think the family mistakenly identified the wrong man....not purposefully.

Could there have been other gang members in area when this happened? Could they have been interviewed early on as if they were only mere witnesses that didnt know the victims nor the shooter?

Just so many questions I have since the two arrests.

Imoo though

Last edited:
The truck pulled up to the car on the passenger side. Then went around to the drivers side and started shooting. Many in the car were involved in the description of the suspect. <modsnip: not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
The truck pulled up to the car on the passenger side. Then went around to the drivers side and started shooting. Many in the car were involved in the description of the suspect.

My understanding is the same as yours.

"The sketch was compiled from descriptions given by Jazmine's mother and three sisters, who were also in the car. Authorities said a man in a red or maroon pickup drove up next to them around 7 a.m. and opened fire for no apparent reason."
This sketch could lead to the driver who gunned down a 7-year-old girl

Last edited:
The truck pulled up to the car on the passenger side. Then went around to the drivers side and started shooting. Many in the car were involved in the description of the suspect. <modsnip: not victim friendly>

I heavily disagree, and I think it's wrong to suggest that Jazmine's mother would try to turn her tragic death into something else, instead of trying to get justice. Really, if your 7-year-old is shot and killed, the first thing on your mind isn't 'I'm going to give a false description to turn it into a race issue'! She herself, if I recall correctly, has never mentioned it being a potential race issue. The media has, individuals in the general public have, but I don't think Jazmine's mother has mentioned that? If she were trying to turn it into a race issue, she would have. I believe she was genuinely trying to get justice for her little girl. I agree with posters who suggest that the family saw the man in the red truck and were mistaken, believing the shots to come from there. It's entirely possible that the truck did pull up on the passenger side, then realised he needed to be on the other side for whatever reason, and moved. This slightly odd behaviour might have stuck in the minds of the family, and when the shots started, they believed the truck to be the source. There hasn't been a mention of another car at the scene, but is it possible the perp wasn't in a car, and they didn't spot him on the street?

I might turn out to be totally wrong. But I think it's terrible to suggest that the family who have just lost their young daughter - in an attack the police still think the victims to be innocent in, as a possible mistaken identity - should pay money to a guy who at best has been a bit anxious about getting arrested. At this point, the family are still very much victims of a terrible crime.

She herself, if I recall correctly, has never mentioned it being a potential race issue.
Washington says she believes race played a role. The white pickup driver could clearly see "a black mother with four beautiful children, girls, in this car," she said.
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/05/us/texas-drive-by-shooting-moment-by-moment/index.html

Washington said she believed the attack was a hate crime,
LaPorsha Washington, mother of Jazmine Barnes, calls for shooter to turn himself in

Last edited:
<modsnip>

I’m AA, I have teenagers... I did( that changed as I’ve had life experiences and have been called a certain choice word a few times in my lifetime) , but they still have a rosy view of the world you don’t “think like that to think people would target you for your race”... so I can’t see the teenagers putting a story together to make it race related. Could they have been half asleep in the car before the incident and the description was fed to them... certainly.

That being said, I never bought into the race-related narrative however. I needed more information.

This is strange. CNN appears to be changing their reporting of the arrest over a half hour period.

Jazmine Barnes shooting: Suspect charged with murder - CNN

- The initial CNN story related to the arrest directly stated noted the discrepancy regarding the race of the shooter. It also directly listed the race and age of the arrested suspect.

- The current CNN story omits references to the racial discrepancy and does not mention that the previous testimony was detailed and identified the suspect as white.

In addition, the current CNN story omits any references to the arrested suspect's race, and then states that: "Police described the sketch as that of a 40 year old white man" (paraphrase)- as if the police just pulled that description out of thin air.

My guess is that the facts of this case conflict with CNN ideology which had de facto pre determined that the shooter needed to be white and that the attack had to be racially motivated.

This is strange. CNN appears to be changing their reporting of the arrest over a half hour period.

Jazmine Barnes shooting: Suspect charged with murder - CNN

- The initial CNN story related to the arrest directly stated noted the discrepancy regarding the race of the shooter. It also directly listed the race and age of the arrested suspect.

- The current CNN story omits references to the racial discrepancy and does not mention that the previous testimony was detailed and identified the suspect as white.

In addition, the current CNN story omits any references to the arrested suspect's race, and then states that: "Police described the sketch as that of a 40 year old white man" (paraphrase)- as if the police just pulled that description out of thin air.

My guess is that the facts of this case conflict with CNN ideology which had de facto pre determined that the shooter needed to be white and that the attack had to be racially motivated.

the article that pointed out the difference in race is still up on CNN's website. there is no media conspiracy here...

Jazmine Barnes shooting: Police arrest a suspect in a possible case of mistaken identity. - CNN

they are reporting what they are told, it isnt an opinion piece;

"Before the arrest, police had released a sketch of the suspect compiled from descriptions from Jazmine's mother and three sisters. Authorities said the sketch depicted a white man in his 40s.
But Black, the man facing a charge of capital murder, is 20 years old and black.
S. Lee Merritt, an attorney advising the Barnes family, said the arrest "was welcome news to the family."
"At the same time, it was a major shock to the family," Merritt told CNN on Sunday morning. "Up until this point, at least four independent witnesses and a composite sketch had identified the primary suspect as a 40-something-year-old white male."
While it may be difficult to understand the discrepancy, "it is imaginable that witnesses confused a fleeing bystander for the actual shooter," Merritt tweeted."

I'll admit that the fact the breaking news came from Fox gave me pause last night.
Glad I wasn't off in my perception of the family as victims.
I think it's as other posters have suggested.
They thought the guy in the red truck was the shooter simply because he was next to them during the shooting.IMO

If he went out that day with the intention to shoot someone he could have put on make up to avoid being recognized.

The family stated the red truck was first on the passenger side then moved to the driver side and shot into the car. Per THEIR statements the red truck then pulled ahead and continued firing. I do not see how they could have mistaken a passing or nearby vehicle doing all that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back