GUILTY TX - Jazmine Barnes, 7, shot/killed in drive-by shooting, Houston, Dec 2018 *ARREST*

Texas police interview "persons of interest" in killing of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes

Police in the Houston area said Saturday that they are interviewing "persons of interest" in the shooting death of a 7-year-girl as she was riding in a car with her family.

The Harris County Sheriff’s Office tweeted shortly before 10 p.m., “The Jazmine Barnes Homicide investigation has taken a new direction" and "Detectives are in the process of interviewing persons of interest."

The possible role of the people being interviewed was not immediately clear, and no arrests were announced. The sheriff’s office said more details would be released as soon as possible.

Texas police interview "persons of interest" in killing of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes

Police in the Houston area said Saturday that they are interviewing "persons of interest" in the shooting death of a 7-year-girl as she was riding in a car with her family.

The Harris County Sheriff’s Office tweeted shortly before 10 p.m., “The Jazmine Barnes Homicide investigation has taken a new direction" and "Detectives are in the process of interviewing persons of interest."

The possible role of the people being interviewed was not immediately clear, and no arrests were announced. The sheriff’s office said more details would be released as soon as possible.

The HCSO has been working extremely hard on this case, it’s unfortunate if those involved may have given intentional inaccurate information. I hope I don’t get put in timeout... just stating the obvious.

The HCSO has been working extremely hard on this case, it’s unfortunate if those involved may have given intentional inaccurate information. I hope I don’t get put in timeout... just stating the obvious.
I agree. A lot of resources and hours used looking for someone that potentially was made up.
And a lot of people may end up feeling used and duped.
Still waiting for updates from LE and still sad about Jazmine.IMO

I wondered how the young girl could clearly see his blue eyes especially since it was dark , sunrise wasn’t until 7:15am. She provided a detailed description so not sure what happened.

If there are others involved - I hope LE gets them too! Prayers for Jazmine.

Capital Murder Charge Filed in Jazmine Barnes Investigation

Jan. 4, 2019 -- Harris County Sheriff's Office homicide investigators have filed a capital murder charge against Eric Black Jr. (DOB: 10/10/1998) for the Dec. 30 shooting death of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes.

Investigators identified Black as a suspect based on a tip.

Subsequent investigation revealed evidence that corroborated the tip, and Black was taken into custody in East Harris County without incident.

Black then admitted to taking part in the shooting. Investigators are continuing to pursue evidence that could possibly lead to other suspects being charged in this case.

Jazmine's mother was driving Jazmine and her three sisters southbound on the East Sam Houston Parkway feeder road near Wallisville Road at approximately 6:50 a.m. when they were fired upon by someone in another vehicle.

At this time, investigators do not believe Jazmine's family was the intended target of the shooting, and that they were possibly shot as a result of mistaken identity.

Capital Murder Charge Filed in Jazmine Barnes Investigation from Harris County Sheriff's Office : Nixle

Jessica Willey on Twitter
BREAKING: @HCSOTexas has identified 1st suspect in #JazmineBarnes murder as Eric Black, Jr. 20. I can also confirm a 2nd suspect as Larry Woodruffe, 24 (below). He is believed to be the shooter. No connection to Jazmine or her family, per sources. https://abc13.co/2VxiBpb #abc13

DwNbRM2VYAE0jl9.jpg

“Investigators have filed a capital murder charge against Eric Black Jr after the child was gunned down in the back seat of her family's car with her three siblings and mom.

Fox 26 reports the alleged shooter is black, not white, and also that the shooting may have been gang-related.

A second suspect has been named in local reports as 24-year-old Larry Woodruffe.

Police tweeted: 'The Jazmine Barnes Homicide investigation has taken a new direction. Detectives are in the process of interviewing persons of interest. More details will be released as soon as possible.' “

Man charged in Jazmine Barnes' killing as investigation takes a 'new direction'
Sun January 6, 2019
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/05/us...tigation/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

“Investigators identified Eric Black Jr., 20, as a suspect based on a tip. He was arrested and has admitted to taking part in the shooting, the Harris County Sheriff's Office said in a statement early Sunday.“

—-

Suspect arrested in fatal shooting of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes in Texas
The Harris County Sheriff's Office said a capital murder charge has been filed against Eric Black Jr, 20.

190102-jazmine-barnes-se-138p_83e9db8ddd23f98676b58da6cc75ea66.fit-760w.jpg

—-

(Note to Link post from Melissa Peskey’s thread re: why random shootings are hard to differentiate from gang shootings, moo)

“Investigators said they were continuing to pursue evidence that could possibly lead to other suspects being charged. They said they did not believe Jazmine's family was the intended target and they were possibly shot at as a result of mistaken identity.“

Jazmine’s mother, LaPorsha Washington, said at the rally that she believed the killer would be caught, and that "there’s too many people out here looking for this man."

—-

NYT:
At Rally for Jazmine Barnes, an Outpouring of Grief and a Plea for Answers

“Nearly 1,000 people gathered to honor Jazmine and to urge law enforcement to find the man who the police said attacked on Dec. 30 without provocation.”

—-

Sources say a suspect in custody for Jazmine Barnes' shooting

“HOUSTON, Texas -- A suspect is in custody for the deadly shooting of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes, but the investigation is ongoing with a possible second suspect, sources said Saturday.

According to sources, the suspect does not resemble the sketch given.”

Last edited:
All evidence gathered so far in the Jazmine Barnes Homicide case supports investigators’ strong belief that she and her family were innocent victims.”

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/eric-black-jr-jazmine-barnes-killer/

It doesn't sound like the cops believe they were INTENTIONALLY misled or lied to. I'm struggling to explain the crazy differences in their story and reality myself, but as of now the cops still say they are nothing but innocent victims. Per websleuths that will still mean no sleuthing them at all.

I wonder if they saw the red truck and that guy but didn't see where the shots came from. Perhaps they just assumed they came from him. We never saw a description of his arm or the gun right? So maybe they just made an assumption that the red truck was the perp? Trauma does crazy things to your brain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back