GUILTY TX - Jazmine Barnes, 7, shot/killed in drive-by shooting, Houston, Dec 2018 *ARREST*

My husbands bright red truck looks similar with overcast with me standing at the front of it. Bright red up front and maroonish towards the back.
Each day brings new information that makes this all the more confusing. Red hoodie / black hoodies. Beard / no beard.

Jazmine Barnes shooting: This sketch could lead to the driver who gunned down a young girl - CNN

"the truck pulled up to their passenger side before going around to Washington's driver's side as the family made an early morning coffee run"

"She told xxxxxx, who was in the front seat, to search the internet for the nearest hospital: It was seven minutes away. Washington said she made a U-turn and hopped back on the Sam Houston Tollway, speeding, heading for the hospital.
But her car started to shake. "When my car started to shake, I told my babies ... 'y'all, the tire is out,' " she said, sobbing. "I can't make it no further. I'm sorry.""
So, the truck pulls up to the passenger side & then goes around to the drivers side. If the truck goes around, is it now headed the opposite direction. After shooting, the truck now gets ahead of the car and starts firing again. Does this sound right?

So, the truck pulls up to the passenger side & then goes around to the drivers side. If the truck goes around, is it now headed the opposite direction. After shooting, the truck now gets ahead of the car and starts firing again. Does this sound right?
Multi-lane on frontage for a bit. I believe it’s 3 lanes so if she was in the middle lane he could have come up in either side. It narrows down to 2 around the exit to the beltway. If he started on the passenger side and tried to pass then had to back off and then came up on drivers side and started shooting, I would be inclined to think Road rage. People do it all the time, accelerate so you can’t pass during a merge. Made me cuss and swear more than once. Technically they have the right of way.

No it doesn't sound right.

I found the original story dated Dec 31 that says there were 3 teenage girls in the car and that they were leaving Walmart. The first interview the mother said Jazmine was her youngest but now the story says a 6 yo was also in the car.

"Jazmine was fatally shot and her mother was wounded as they left a Walmart parking lot. Three teenage girls, said to have been family members, were also in the car..."
Here is the story from Dec 31 Girl, 7, fatally shot in car as her mother left Walmart

*** this is probably completely unrelated, just throwing it out there***

arrested hours after the shooting happened, just outside houston, in a stolen vehicle, trying to steal a purse;

Houston Man's Crime Spree Ends In New Caney, Police Say

Robert Cantrell, 48, is being held in the Montgomery County Jail on multiple felony charges that include robbery, burglary of a vehicle, evading arrest, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, as well as other felony charges, officials said.

arrested hours after the shooting happened, just outside houston, in a stolen vehicle, trying to steal a purse;

Robert Cantrell, 48, is being held in the Montgomery County Jail on multiple felony charges that include robbery, burglary of a vehicle, evading arrest, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, as well as other felony charges, officials said.

That's a close identity to the sketch, but hopefully police have ruled him out for the shooting?
I wonder how close/apart the two incidents were from each other.

approx. 22 miles
He’s making the rounds as talk, I’m really hoping it’s him. Hoping he had a cellphone that followed his crime spree for the day. Vehicle doesn’t match though if it’s his. His charge report doesn’t say anything about auto theft, just auto burglary which to me means breaking into cars and stealing stuff. If I’m reading it right he was arrested the day of the shooting and again yesterday 1/3/19. Or maybe additional charges were added yesterday?

Using the beltway from my place of work I’m about 35 minutes to New Caney depending upon traffic, that section is a bit closer so about 25-30 minutes I would guess. I would bet on Sun morning there wasn’t hardly any traffic. That section can be driven without paying tolls by staying on the frontage road I’m almost positive so no toll cameras, businesses may have them. Then you can get back on where it’s free and take Hwy 59/I-69 north to New Caney (I take riding lessons up there). Using the frontage would drive you by Gene Green park as was mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
^ah darn, i missed that - i thought he had stolen a vehicle. if he was in his own car then it really doesnt fit my theory anymore.

^ah darn, i missed that - i thought he had stolen a vehicle. if he was in his own car then it really doesnt fit my theory anymore.

Or maybe the red truck belonged to a friend who either 1) hasn't put 2 and 2 together that his friend could be the shooter or 2) has things he doesn't want the cops knowing about him or drawn to him for whatever reason.

I dont know who the suspect could be but until they find him he is very dangerous to others.

He knows he is being hunted for murdering a precious beautiful 7 year old child and what scares me the most is he knows he has nothing to lose now.

It also makes it very dangerous for all of the police officers hunting for him too. It would be horrible if more innocent lives are lost due to this child killer.

They MUST find this man and hopefully it happens very soon so Jazmine and her family can receive justice.

Imo

No it doesn't sound right.

I found the original story dated Dec 31 that says there were 3 teenage girls in the car and that they were leaving Walmart. The first interview the mother said Jazmine was her youngest but now the story says a 6 yo was also in the car.

"Jazmine was fatally shot and her mother was wounded as they left a Walmart parking lot. Three teenage girls, said to have been family members, were also in the car..."
Here is the story from Dec 31 Girl, 7, fatally shot in car as her mother left Walmart
I’ve always heard there were 4 in the car, I think only 3 of the kids may be hers though ages 15,13,7,6.

It's too blurry to get a clear idea of what the pickup looks like. My impression is that it's definitely red, probably close to true red. Doesn't look like a large pickup, not an F250 (larger Ford) and probably not even a Ridgeline (Honda) or Tundra (Toyota). I don't think it's real new.

Maybe this one? 1994 Toyota Tacoma:
1991_toyota_pickup_extended-cab-pickup_sr5_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

Or 2004 Chevy Silverado:

2004-chevrolet-silverado%201500%20extended%20cab-frontside_cts1e042.jpg

I also was thinking an older model Chevy Silverado,although the hubcaps from the Toyota match (from what I can tell) the truck from the crime.
Good choices as they both have the square versus round wheel wells over the tires that I think were also like the pics from the truck driven by the shooter.IMO

Last edited:

He looks a lot like the sketch.IMO

This link has the enhanced video I think. Also has the area to search cameras which includes Crosby (where I live), right down 90.

Investigators, CrimeStoppers 'inundated' with tips in Jazmine Barnes' murder

NASA joins fight for justice in Jazmine Barnes' murder

(Via KHOU 11)

You can see the truck a bit better I think. I need to watch it a few more times.

I see a bright red truck, looks like door handles in standard horizontal position versus the vertical I thought before. In the far shot the door handles look chrome to me. I also see the chrome step. My husband suggested that some of the smaller trucks (Tacoma, ranger, etc..) are less likely to have the step bar because they are easier to get into because they are lower to the ground. I also think I see the crew cab with the four doors.

ETA: quick google search shows lots of chrome steps on smaller trucks. Guess I just haven’t seen as many down here.

Last edited:
No doubt unrelated, but there is a picture of a red pick-up in the current satellite image of the Dayton Parole office. A thin 30s, 40s white killer likely has a prison background. A very very very long shot, but Dayton is near a prison and off Hwy 90 leading away from the crime scene. Google Maps

Is it possible the family was being followed and didn't realize it?..then the driver pulls up at the light and starts shooting when the light turned green??

I'm very surprised there hasn't been more video released of the vehicle. From looking at the map, there's a lot of businesses in the area - I'm sure the majority of them have cameras.

Sometimes it takes days and weeks to completely follow up wth all surveillance footage. Sometimes they have to return to the business a few times if the owner isnt there, etc, plus they not only have to go to all the several business but also scout through hours of footage, etc.

With the all the resources involved m sure they are doing all this as efficiently as possible, but it still can take time as we’ve seen in other cases. Maybe we will receive more footage soon!

I’m curious if the commentators will mention Jazmine during today’s football game, I’m sure they will considering DH’s pledge.

I think one of the articles mentioned they were going to get coffee? Or were they on the way to Walmart?

There’s no way I can get my two teenage nieces up at 6-6:30am on a Sunday to do anything. And her daughters are the same age, 15 and 14.

It’s scary there is a man randomly shooting people before 7am on a Sunday!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back