Still Missing CA - Aranda Briones, 16, missing after a night out with friends, Moreno Valley, 13 Jan 2019 *arrest*

First, I want to send a virtual hug out to everyone on the thread that is feeling the weight and sadness of this breaking news. It's so sad when we hear these type of outcomes, and all too often. Clearly this young woman was loved deeply by her family, and they must be in terrible shock. My solemn prayers surround them.

As far as what happened, I have three theories.
1) She was pregnant and was demanding support or commitment, and the alleged Perp wanted none of it
2)They were partying, out of control, and got in a fight. Without original intent, it turned deadly. It wouldn't be the first time we have heard of such a scenario
3)They were partying and she O.D.'ed - they panicked and dumped her body

I think #2 is the most likely, and I speculate lots of people who were partying with them know this.

Amateur speculation and opinion only

4. they sexually assaulted her

Brothers to be arraigned Friday, February 15.
Brothers charged with killing missing Moreno Valley teen Aranda Briones to be arraigned Friday – Daily Bulletin
"The district attorney’s office said it filed a special circumstance that alleges the Shovers were lying-in-wait before killing Briones,16. A guilty verdict would make each eligible for the death penalty."

Murder by means of "lying in wait" is a type of criminal homicide where the perpetrator waits and watches for an opportunity to attack an unsuspecting victim. The killer conceals his or her purpose and then surprises the victim from a position of advantage.

Murder by means of lying-in-wait is proven when the state establishes the following elements surrounding the accused's killing:

(1) A concealed purpose that is deadly or dangerous-to-life,
(2) Waiting and watching for an opportune moment, and
(3) Surprising a victim from a position of advantage.

California law designates murder by means of lying-in-wait as murder in the first-degree. (California’s penal code section 189)

Some examples of lying-in-wait:

A woman calls the police because her husband hit her. The husband gets a gun out and when the police arrive he shoots the arriving officers before they can get their own weapons drawn.

A gang member spots another rival gang member walking near his neighborhood. He gets a weapon and then hides between some vehicles down the street from where the other gang member is walking and shoots him as he passes.

A man arranges a meeting with a drug dealer. He hides a large knife in his clothing. When the drug dealer arrives, he stabs the dealer to death and steals the drugs.

A man waits in an alley and when someone passes by he hits them on the head with a crowbar and steals their wallet. He didn’t intend for the victim to die but they do. (Lying-in-wait murder doesn't require intent-to-kill. It can be an unintentional killing. It requires only a surprise attack after concealing one's purpose and waiting for an opportune moment to strike.)

The evidence must be strong in this case IMO.

In the CA case of the murder of Henry Stange, two were arrested Aug 2018 and then released at their arraignment when the DA declined to file. One was rearrested and held in Dec 2018. The likely reason for the delay was to tighten up the evidence and case. It's interesting how all the different states operate procedurally.

Identified! - CA - Part Buried Remains Joshua Tree National Park, June 2018 *Henry Stange* *ARRESTS*

So in this case, sadly, LE must have some strong proof that AB is deceased and that these brothers murdered her. JMO this continuance would have been requested by the defense.

So in this case, sadly, LE must have some strong proof that AB is deceased and that these brothers murdered her. JMO this continuance would have been requested by the defense.
Respectfully snipped for focus.
Yes, either they found her closing with a large volume of blood, or something even more horrific like a body part. This is so disturbing.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I read on one of the sites posted here that LE found blankets buried in the home's yard. I bet they had blood, way too much blood and something tells me that it's possibly Aranda's blood.

RIP Aranda
What cowards, and lazy cowards at that. they buried her in their back yard? Or at least evidence of her? I hope she comes back and haunts them for the rest of their lives. Sick! That poor girl, probably had no idea any evil was in their minds that day she went missing. I hope they find her soon, so her family can give her a proper send off.

What cowards, and lazy cowards at that. they buried her in their back yard? Or at least evidence of her? I hope she comes back and haunts them for the rest of their lives. Sick! That poor girl, probably had no idea any evil was in their minds that day she went missing. I hope they find her soon, so her family can give her a proper send off.
They hid the evidence in their back yard.

"Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianco said Tuesday that evidence dug out of the brothers’ Hesperia backyard led investigators to believe Aranda Briones was a victim of homicide."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/toront...leged-killing-of-missing-california-teen/amp/

I will never understand criminals burying evidence in their backyard. If you are the last person with a missing person, you are the main suspect. If you are the main suspect, investigators are going to come to your house and look around. Apparently they put her body elsewhere, so why not all the other evidence as well? No one ever claimed criminals are smart, but every time I hear about evidence being found in the suspect's house or yard it still confuses the heck out of me. Thank you for making LE's job much easier. Now, let's get Aranda back home for her family.

I will never understand criminals burying evidence in their backyard. If you are the last person with a missing person, you are the main suspect. If you are the main suspect, investigators are going to come to your house and look around. Apparently they put her body elsewhere, so why not all the other evidence as well? No one ever claimed criminals are smart, but every time I hear about evidence being found in the suspect's house or yard it still confuses the heck out of me. Thank you for making LE's job much easier. Now, let's get Aranda back home for her family.
Most criminals are dumb as a box of rocks. Just not enough LE to scoop them all up. These two mensa members weren't as lucky.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back