Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Can you point to any post or any article that suggests women (and little girls), need to cover themselves? How is this at all relevant to the conversation? Maybe I missed something?

This kid should've been able to walk down the street naked and not been subject to assault and murder by some weirdo. What's your point?

There are numerous articles on school dress codes which call for rules about skirt length, no crop tops, no tube tops, no spaghetti strings, etc. Such rules often prohibit boys from wearing tank tops. Why? To avoid problems, ensure a safe environment AND to prevent an unhealthy mindset for both males and females... especially at an age where kids just begin to TRY to understand the social implications of their developing bodies.

What about at home? Kids should be safe and be able to dress in whatever they want in the privacy of their own home. Of course! However SM is not private... and the perception of the individual on SM carries over in real life. “Don’t post anything you wouldn’t stand on the street and shout to everyone” is good advice, and it should apply to Instagram and selfies as well.

The problem is that kids are rewarded with “Likes” “Followers” and “Friends” for posting things on SM that should not be posted or that portray them as well beyond their years in suggestive poses.

Should kids be able to “walk down the street naked”? Maybe in an IDEAL world, but it would be very bad judgement in the real world and is most likely illegal.

It is smart for everyone to take precautions: to look around the parking lot before getting out of cars, to hold our valuables closely, to hide valuables when we are at a high risk of crime, to carry protection in case we are threatened. We SHOULD not have to do these things! We SHOULD not have criminals. Unfortunately we DO have criminals.

Children are valuable and often lack the judgement to protect themselves. Every child should be protected by parents or guardians using judgement that favors the side of safety.

(edit: typo)

Last edited:
DV is a big problem. Law Enforcement can not do much if the victim does not press charges and follow through! Often the victim and the perpetrator will reconcile. Sadly, that often just sets the stage for more problems.

Add to that backlogged courts and appeals for those already convicted. Even the worst offenders who are sentenced to death (and IMO should be immediately exterminated) will appeal for many years if not decades!

Here are screen shots of CM’s back deck and where woods at back of his property begin. The property looks pretty sad. JMO

WAFF.com

Are we sure that the back deck photo is of CM residence? Based on the color of the siding and msm videos, I was under the impression that that was a photo of the back deck where AB was living....

ETA: I believe CM mobile home is more of a White/light grey color with blueish grey trim.

Last edited:
Are we sure that the back deck photo is of CM residence? Based on the color of the siding and msm videos, I was under the impression that that was a photo of the back deck where AB was living
Yes, that is CM’s residence. Here is a pic I posted yesterday. The circle was where I pointed out a green vehicle parked there. He is not very creative. JMO

Attachments

• 0C01DA2D-2D0C-4FB4-AA3F-E6B3FDAEC258.jpeg
    0C01DA2D-2D0C-4FB4-AA3F-E6B3FDAEC258.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 619
I saw some photos yesterday. I wonder what the inside looks like... reminds me of house of horrors JC lived in :(. Moo

The inside might have been much worse. There is a reason the interviews were done outside. Most of the time, when families are interviewed about something, they are filmed inside the home. The news team did not have to include footage, of the back of the home, but someone must have felt it was important to include it in the segment. They kept the front yard clutter free, so the view, from the road, is not bad enough to bring someone out to inspect their property.

The mom’s tv interview was done, inside a home, so she probably did find her family a better place.

Last edited:
upload_2019-3-6_13-30-30.png
e742e9a1-b9d3-47a3-80f0-ea7bf1fad0e9-jpeg.172532

Yah I don't know
This photo of the back deck shows a trailer with horizontal rib siding (upper right)....
The same style and color of siding can be seen on this image of AB Aunts trailer(Upper left)

CM trailer has vertical rib siding...(shown below)

0c01da2d-2d0c-4fb4-aa3f-e6b3fdaec258-jpeg.172539

Attachments

• barnett siding.jpg
    barnett siding.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I wish the mother had stayed there with her. She would probably have been better off sharing a bed with Mom in an already crowded home, than being left alone while Mom moved to be closer to the jailed boyfriend
After seeing episodes of Love After Lock Up it doesn't shock me any more that someone would leave their child to move to be closer to someone they met who is in prison.

Has any information been found as to where or why the boyfriend is locked up?

I wish the mother had stayed there with her. She would probably have been better off sharing a bed with Mom in an already crowded home, than being left alone while Mom moved to be closer to the jailed boyfriend

She only moved an hour away. It could have been for jobs or affordable housing. One hour is not that far from the boyfriend. It is unlikely to be the sole reason for a move.

I saw some photos yesterday. I wonder what the inside looks like... reminds me of house of horrors JC lived in :(. Moo
The condition of your house does not always make it less than a home. IMO. Poverty does not make you a failure. Many loving families struggle with both and still love and protect their children. IMO. Not saying that is the case here, but have seen it elsewhere.

Emph. mine

Re. the bolded bit : I thought he (convicted felon) was released, and that the mom was living in the state he's in ?
As a single adult-- the mom cannot be blamed for being lonely.
I know that we at W.S. need to defend her; as she is a victim in all of this !!
Maybe he understood her problems, though ? And he was the only one who listened to her when she had no one else to turn to ?
Poor lady. :(
Now a monster took everything from her-- she has nothing left to care for. Hasn't she suffered enough ?
She (AB's mom) did all that she could.
We can't judge her for doing what she felt was the best choice possible.

But there are better choices of men out there.. .that's my opinion. So take it with the proverbial grain.
So it's a confusing world .

Last edited:
Emph. mine

Re. the bolded bit : I thought he (convicted felon) was released, and that the mom was living in the state he's in ?
As a single adult-- the mom cannot be blamed for being lonely.
I know that we at W.S. need to defend her; as she is a victim in all of this !!
Maybe he understood her problems, though ? And he was the only one who listened to her when she had no one else to turn to ?
Poor lady. :(
Now a monster took everything from her-- she has nothing left to care for. Hasn't she suffered enough ?
She (AB's mom) did her best.

But there are better choices of men out there.. .that's a fact.
So it's a confusing world .

Isn’t she originally from Georgia? Someone posted earlier that the drive there was around an hour even though it was across state lines. Is there a link about the boyfriend? It might have been a combination of where the jobs and affordable housing are located as well as a boyfriend.

One thing to keep in mind when talking about mom moving away, property conditions, etc. I remember having this discussion at length and in depth regarding the Rhoden family massacre. Dekalb County is in Appalachia . The poverty rate is way over the national average. A lot of these families do this next door neighbor thing with housing because it's a whole lot more affordable to put trailers on one piece of property. They save everything. Which tends to pile up. Theres a good chance there are no zoning laws where they live. It's a tough cycle to break. Mom very well may have been hoping to provide better. Although, the dubious boyfriend history makes one wonder. Not placing blame or defending actions, just a bit of insight into their lifestyle.

Isn’t she originally from Georgia? Someone posted earlier that the drive there was around an hour even though it was across state lines. Is there a link about the boyfriend? It might have been a combination of where the jobs and affordable housing are located as well as a boyfriend.
Not sure, as FB accounts differ. And it's hard to keep up with her as she's been on the move for a while. Some people move often. It's possible her (AB's mom) has had to move often because of her job requirements.

My friend moves often as she's a rep. for her work and likes to experience different places, lol.
She has no kids or husband and we call her a 'free bird'. :)

One thing to keep in mind when talking about mom moving away, property conditions, etc. I remember having this discussion at length and in depth regarding the Rhoden family massacre. Dekalb County is in Appalachia . The poverty rate is way over the national average. A lot of these families do this next door neighbor thing with housing because it's a whole lot more affordable to put trailers on one piece of property. They save everything. Which tends to pile up. Theres a good chance there are no zoning laws where they live. It's a tough cycle to break. Mom very well may have been hoping to provide better. Although, the dubious boyfriend history makes one wonder. Not placing blame or defending actions, just a bit of insight into their lifestyle.
Emph. mine

Agreed with you.^^^
No one here at WS is blaming her.

I do find it commendable that AB's mom let her stay within her school district.
It's hard on children to leave everyone and their friends behind.

Good for that mom for providing for her children and making a stable environment for them. She tried to protect them and give them the best life possible; until a monster destroyed it all.

The only one to blame is the thing that destroyed these people's lives.
I find some parallels in the Elizabeth Smart case to this one-- even though ES' life was spared. Pretty sure they will never really be the same.
And ES' family did their best to give those children a protected and safe life.

I just think that as long as we enable and coddle adults,, who are entrusted with protecting innocent children, that more and more of this will happen. Adults should be accountable for their behavior and actions. We are not to be passive and helpless. We can do better, we CAN. And we SHOULD

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back