Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019 #2 *ARREST*

From above:

“In 2018, his girlfriend accused Madison of assaulting her and threatening to continue to assault her, court documents obtained by Heavy show. She wrote in the application for a protective order that Madison, “threatened to slit her throat.” She also said Madison “punched her” in the face and all over body, “smacked” her head into the floor, dragged her by her hair. She said Madison had “done everything but kill me.” She said Madison, hit her in the head with a hammer, “tried shoving a pencil” in her ear and strangled her “to the point of passing out.” She wrote, “he has done so much and threatened to do more.”“

So, another perp with DV on his record. This is exactly why we speculate and wonder if someone like BG (Abby’s and Libby’s killer) may have DV on his record. In addition to meth, DV is also a common element we see in these perps, moo.

I’ve mentioned a lot on the boards the ID show “Evil Lives Here”, where family members of SKs, etc are interviewed. So often they tell their stories of domestic abuse.

Last edited:
From your link.....

“Police were called and it didn't take long for family members to question why Madison was searching the same spot.”

“He says, well, I’m going to go back up there and search one more time and he went back up there in the same spot and kept saying nothings up here and that’s where they found her body,” said John Wayne Barnett.”

“Crane says cadaver dogs found Amberly's body about two hundred yards behind Madison's home Saturday morning.”
Did he also put up a sign that said NOT ALB’S BODY” in the hope that would further throw off LE? Good God what an idiot. Not even trying to be funny because there’s nothing in this case to laugh about - my head hurts at the idiocy involved here.

In addition to being a heartless monster and waste of human space, he also is literally one of the stupidest criminals in modern history. Can we just strap this guy down and get the needle ready now? It would save everyone involved time.

I’m thinking I could search for eternity and not find a redeeming quality for this miserable .

Sorry if already posted:

christopher-madison-document.jpg

(Image source: https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/christopher-madison-amberly-barnett-suspect-arrested/ )

From your link.....

“Police were called and it didn't take long for family members to question why Madison was searching the same spot.”

“He says, well, I’m going to go back up there and search one more time and he went back up there in the same spot and kept saying nothings up here and that’s where they found her body,” said John Wayne Barnett.”

“Crane says cadaver dogs found Amberly's body about two hundred yards behind Madison's home Saturday morning.”

Just noting the obvious that they were running “cadaver” dogs-they wouldn’t be running them so soon unless there was a chance she was dead. Or would Standard Procedure permit that they run the “cadaver” dogs anyway within this time period? Of course abduction statistics are known that the child is often dead within hours. Just curious about the live scent vs use of cadaver dogs in this situation. If it was an elective or standard procedure, and was this conducted after a result of initially speaking with CM and knowing this guy probably killed her. Hope this makes sense.

—-

What a dumdum! So he thought since HE had cleared it they'd just believe him lol?

Lol!

(ETA: o/t, this reminds me, I just saw something the other day on “The Hunt with John Walsh” (which is basically like “America’s Most Wanted”). There was a murder fugitive on the run in the behind his house. It was a remote location that the cops did not know well. The suspect however, and his two adult sons, did know the area well because the family had owned that property for generations. So, due to the officers not knowing the terrain well, the sons were helping lead and guide the police officers through the woods. Turns out, the father/fugitive got away (if he didn’t die in the woods). It’s suspected by some that the sons purposely led LE on a wild goose chase, which they deny.)

Last edited:
Since her mom didn’t want to move AB out of her school district, the fire that forced them out of the home would have in in the Collinsville area? Sounds like it happened in February, needing a place quick?

And there was no available housing in the area so she had to go into GA to find a place, is a guess?

And the monster next door must have been watching that place intently or else they told him they were all going to Walmart leaving AB alone. With his GF and children in the other house too?!? It’s beyond my comprehension.

Just noting the obvious that they were running “cadaver” dogs-they wouldn’t be running them so soon unless there was a chance she was dead. Or would Standard Procedure permit that they run the “cadaver” dogs anyway within this time period? Of course abduction statistics are known that the child is often dead within hours. Just curious about the live scent vs use of cadaver dogs in this situation. If it was an elective or standard procedure, and was this conducted after a result of initially speaking with CM and knowing this guy probably killed her. Hope this makes sense.
Did they specifically say they were cadaver dogs? I can't remember. It could have just been scent dogs following Amberly's scent.
I know in the case of Serenity Dennard (who is still missing), they used scent dogs the first day or two, but knew that she couldn't survive in the brutal weather, so switched to cadaver dogs after that.

Did they specifically say they were cadaver dogs? I can't remember. It could have just been scent dogs following Amberly's scent.
I know in the case of Serenity Dennard (who is still missing), they used scent dogs the first day or two, but knew that she couldn't survive in the brutal weather, so switched to cadaver dogs after that.

See reference quote, last paragraph:

From your link.....

See reference quote, last paragraph:

I think it’s quite possible that the home owner Mr. Crane that is quoted may simply be mistaken on what type of trained dog was used.

Cadaver dogs likely wouldn’t have been used with it being that close of a search time to when she went missing. Moo

I think it’s more likely that it was infact a scent tracking dog

Little girls trying to be big girls. :)

(O/T, yesterday I was thinking about getting a haircut and I thought, nah that style will make me look older. I thought, I remember when I was a teen and someone would say “that style makes you look older” and I’d say “thank you!” lol)

Last edited:
Since her mom didn’t want to move AB out of her school district, the fire that forced them out of the home would have in in the Collinsville area? Sounds like it happened in February, needing a place quick?

And there was no available housing in the area so she had to go into GA to find a place, is a guess?

And the monster next door must have been watching that place intently or else they told him they were all going to Walmart leaving AB alone. With his GF and children in the other house too?!? It’s beyond my comprehension.

No, you have the timing mostly wrong. I can't give links because the info comes from social media (where I did a deep dive before things went private) but the fire that burned the house took place around Father's Day weekend 2018.

The mom apparently worked two jobs to try to get the family back on their feet. Due to her work schedule she needed help with child care so she depended on family. Within the last two weeks she had to make a decision whether to move the children to GA with her or let them finish the school year in AL, she chose to let them finish.

I think it’s quite possible that the home owner Mr. Crane that is quoted may simply be mistaken on what type of trained dog was used.

Cadaver dogs likely wouldn’t have been used with it being that close of a search time to when she went missing. Moo

I think it’s more likely that it was infact a scent tracking dog

Good eye, thanks for the response. I only read the snippet so didn’t realize that this was a neighbor speaking and not LE.

ETA:
I’m still wondering if there’s a chance it was “cadaver dogs”. I wonder if the FBI CARD team would implement the utilization of cadaver dogs as SP to cover all bases? Again child abduction stats are known that often it will be a deceased child being found, and time of course is of essence as related to the collection and preservation of evidence.

ETA2:
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Digitization/206248NCJRS.pdf
“including the use of the FBI Evidence Response teams, FBI Laboratory services, and ...... Tracking/Cadaver Dogs.
85 pages·4 MB“
(Added to WS Resources Forum:
National and International Databases and Resources:

Child Abduction Response Plan An Investigative Guide )

Last edited:
Thanks @Yemelyan. The way it was reported (the way I interpreted also) made the fire, having to move very recent and sudden. I thought the fire precipitated the move to GA.
Sounds like she was working there and her goal was to get settled in first.
How sad to be working hard for your children, working towards having them with you, in a safe environment, no violent druggie in the house or next door.

Just noting the obvious that they were running “cadaver” dogs-they wouldn’t be running them so soon unless there was a chance she was dead. Or would Standard Procedure permit that they run the “cadaver” dogs anyway within this time period?

They bring in the dogs early. In the Watts case they brought in both cadaver dogs and track dogs ASAP. In this case the dogs might have been helpful if AB just wandered off... let alone if they suspected the known crack head with DV history.

The goal of any missing child case is to Find Them Fast!

(edit to add last sentence)

They bring in the dogs early. In the Watts case they brought in both cadaver dogs and track dogs ASAP. In this case the dogs might have been helpful if AB just wandered off... let alone if they suspected the known crack head with DV history.

The goal of any missing child case is to Find Them Fast!

(edit to add last sentence)

Welcome Bordeaux, and thank you for the response. :) Good point about the Watts case.

Jumping off this, I think LE knew early on that CW may have disappeared his family.

In this case I assume they had a similar thought with CM as related to Amberly.

I guess my question is is it SP for FBI CARD team to run cadaver dogs in addition to live scent dogs if it’s been less than 24 hours, or is this based on the specifics of the case and resources available?

Last edited:
Welcome Bordeaux, and thank you for the response. :) Good point about the Watts case.

Jumping off this, I think LE knew early on that CW may have disappeared his wife.

In this case I assume they had a similar thought with CM as related to Amberly.

I guess my question is is it SP for FBI CARD team to run cadaver dogs in addition to live scent dogs if it’s been less than 24 hours, or is this based on the specifics of the case and resources available?

Cadaver dogs can track scent very shortly after somebody is dead, I was more thinking about how quickly those resources would have been available? I'm sure they had tracking dogs there very quickly. I'm not sure how quickly other resources became involved?

Cadaver dogs can track scent very shortly after somebody is dead, I was more thinking about how quickly those resources would have been available? I'm sure they had tracking dogs there very quickly. I'm not sure how quickly other resources became involved?

IMO, in this day and age the FBI and State Bureaus are pretty much automatically notified and brought in immediately to assist in these investigations, mainly because they can supply resources. Local LE seems to be calling them in automatically these days, it seems, moo.

It has not been confirmed that an FBI CARD team was in fact deployed, but my guuuuess is that it was. Local agencies would likely have tracking dogs on standby for sure.

Iirc I read originally that “searchers” found Amberly. I wonder if any specific SAR groups were called in to assist?

ETA:
I’m still behind in here, maybe it’s mentioned somewhere which agencies, etc. assisted.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname