GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember on the day of the murders they were going to contact his supervisor and he was, "Good God, no. They think I am a good guy." That statement in itself says lots to me. It says that he doesn't care if he is a good guy, just tat people THINK he is a good guy. And the way he was so relieved to hear SW's family still loved him! So weird.

I think this is why people should not be mad at Coder and Lee for being “nice” to CW. An FBI profiler probably told them that being nice to him and stating, explicitly, that “he is not a monster,” would be the best way for CW to relax and reveal some (though not all) info about the murders.

It is entirely possible that he doesn't know why he killed his family. I really think is his insight into his own mind is pretty limited.

I tend to agree. His confession didn't offer much insight. He did a bit of rationalization about how he felt he couldn't be himself with SW, and so open and easily himself with NK, but then he added that doesn't excuse murder. All he could offer up was that the notion had previously entered his mind and he basically went into 'machine' mode and just did it. At times afterword he genuinely seems distraught about his actions, so there certainly seems to be some cognitive dissonance in his psyche. The coldness with which he strangled SW was stunning and horrific. Even less insight was provided regarding his actions with his beautiful babies. It was all a colossal act of self destruction, as if he was doing it to torture part of himself.

To me the confession was frustrating for what it didn't explain. I'm more confused now than I was before!

It's difficult but I saw a comment that mentioned autism and I just wanted to point out that it can be a dangerous perception to question this because people on the spectrum are not violent people. Although in situations of high-functioning autism such as Asperger's Syndrome, there is a lack of empathy, there's also a lack of empathy present in Antisocial Personality Disorder. High IQs are usually present in both disorders and there are people that have been misdiagnosed with one when it was really the other. I believe there are serial killers that are widely rumored to have Antisocial Personality Disorder as well. However, we will never know what is wrong with Chris. Only the medical professionals that deal with him will have the opportunity to diagnose him.

Chris keeps saying that as he was strangling Shanann, he felt he "couldn't let go" and wishes he could let go but felt someone else was in control. To me, that sounds like he has some sort of problem with impulse control.

Of course, I can’t diagnose, but I really don’t think CW has an autism spectrum disorder. I can’t pull them up right now but I think there is some research on qualitative differences in lack of empathy in ASD and antisocial. And as you pointed out, people with ASD are rarely violent.

I’d agree that he probably has an impulse control problem—I would speculate that it’s a product of his upbringing.

Also, I am baffled that Chris is saying in the audio that he "lost it" in the courtroom when he heard how Bella fought back and bit her tongue.

Chris killed her after she said "Daddy NO" multiple times and saw everything. She saw her mother dead, her sister die, and told him "NO".

Chris did not "lose it" because already knew exactly how she died and how she fought him. He hunted her down, attacked her, and killed this precious baby.

So far, I've noticed that Chris continues to try to victimize himself and garner pity. He was threatened by other prisoners in CO. He had to sit in a small cell and stare at walls without human contact in CO. He says things are "much better" for him now. He was afraid to disagree with Shanann. He continues to describe how helpless he felt. He admitted Shanann was never violent with him. Poor Chris never "wanted to be out there" on the Facebook videos. Poor Chris "couldn't" tell Shanann "No" to participating in the videos. He continues to victimize himself to garner pity.

Bella even asked him, "What happened to CeCe? Is the same thing going to happen to me as CeCe?"

Last edited:
I tend to agree. His confession didn't offer much insight. He did a bit of rationalization about how he felt he couldn't be himself with SW, and so open and easily himself with NK, but then he added that doesn't excuse murder. All he could offer up was that the notion had previously entered his mind and he basically went into 'machine' mode and just did it. At times afterword he genuinely seems distraught about his actions, so there certainly seems to be some cognitive dissonance in his psyche. The coldness with which he strangled SW was stunning and horrific. Even less insight was provided regarding his actions with his beautiful babies. It was all a colossal act of self destruction, as if he was doing it to torture part of himself.

To me the confession was frustrating for what it didn't explain. I'm more confused now than I was before!
I believe it wasn't enlightening because CW cannot bring himself to admit to others that he did exactly what Coder said during the first confession was what a "monster" would do - met a young, attractive mistress and murdered his family to start fresh with her. I believe there are accidental allusions to this knowledge aforethought in the latest confession - such as getting used to not being a dad and family man when he spent so much time away from the family home with NK and waking up with murder "implanted" in his brain. I may be in the minority, but I just don't believe there was a ton of resentment and anger toward SW - I think he was happy in his marriage and with his family until he "fell" for NK. Then came distance, frustration, and a web of lies that cornered him and he decided on the best way out of his lies. MOO

On the Case with Paula Zaharia is on ID about a murdered mom whose 4 year old found her. They are interviewing the now adult daughter. Interesting to hear what she remembers, what she knew, when she found her mother in light of this week’s Bella news. :sob:
Interestingly enough, the mom was strangled like shanann was and the daughter says she knew when she was 4 that mom was dead.

It's just so sad...the ending and all. He sits on her for 20(?) minutes. I imagine at first you would protest to protect the baby....as she did. But 20 minutes is a very long time with a person sitting on you. You're not even supposed to lie on your back when pregnant, let alone have someone sitting on you. I imagine CW was right. She probably was praying he'd get off her... and soon. Her weakened condition with lupus & pregnant & her present supine position was a no win situation. (If you're getting strangled any form of self protection would have to be done almost instantly as I understand it). But he caught her off guard. She was very vulnerable. He probably did most of the talking during that time. Can you even fathom it?!
As far as the girls, I imagine it was easier to take the girls to the truck alive.
As far as SW's personality goes, some of us may not have SW's personality, but others of us may. It means nothing. She loved him, and was trying to be successful in her employment and as a family...making it feel so tragic.
And further with the girls it almost reminds me of the Nazi days when children were led away to their deaths. But by their dad?!
We want to learn, but it appears the only hope I can come up with is a hope in an after life.

Of course, I can’t diagnose, but I really don’t think CW has an autism spectrum disorder. I can’t pull them up right now but I think there is some research on qualitative differences in lack of empathy in ASD and antisocial. And as you pointed out, people with ASD are rarely violent.

I’d agree that he probably has an impulse control problem—I would speculate that it’s a product of his upbringing.
The impulse control thing is interesting. I’ve been doing some research into the ACEs stuff (adverse childhood experiences) and recently watched the Resilience documentary. Impulse control is one of the effects growing up in an abusive/dysfunctional household causes because children don’t learn to self regulate. But with most of us this seems to come out in self-harmful actions like addiction and overeating. I don’t doubt that CW experienced some ACEs growing up with those parents, but fascinating to me that he doesn’t appear to have engaged in behaviors harmful to himself.

She is certainly out of the group who do their homework. And yet very insecure. If she was such a willing partner for Chris, don’t you think it was her style in general? And yet men stood her up, and she had failed relationships...it is as if guys didn’t stick.

As to her thinking Chris had money. I suddenly got an idea why she was Googling Shanann in 2017. I wonder if when NK joined the company, with so many men around, she was checking some of them that were “promising”, in her eyes. Married-not married, status. She probably knew how much a field engineer would make at the company, and yet CW had an amazing house, this and that. I wonder if she Googled Shanann to find out if Shanann had the money in the family.

MOO.
I hope somebody can help me out here. I k ow I read where NK googling SW in “2017” was confirmed by the agency who included NK’s internet searches to have been a typo. It was confirmed that it was actually 2018. At the time I thought, ok, but I keep seeing people making a reference to her searches of SW back in 2017. I wish I could post where I saw that. Did anyone else see that? I thought this point was resolved.

I believe it wasn't enlightening because CW cannot bring himself to admit to others that he did exactly what Coder said during the first confession was what a "monster" would do - met a young, attractive mistress and murdered his family to start fresh with her. I believe there are accidental allusions to this knowledge aforethought in the latest confession - such as getting used to not being a dad and family man when he spent so much time away from the family home with NK and waking up with murder "implanted" in his brain. I may be in the minority, but I just don't believe there was a ton of resentment and anger toward SW - I think he was happy in his marriage and with his family until he "fell" for NK. Then came distance, frustration, and a web of lies that cornered him and he decided on the best way out of his lies. MOO

I agree. And CW was very nonchalant in talking about SW-even going so far as to refer to her in present tense at times. He complimented her on a few occasions, showed no real malice in the things he said, and was generally good-natured about the things that have complete strangers up in arms. For instance, all these people saying that she MADE him do the videos and stuff but, when asked, he almost shrugged it off. "Yeah, ha ha, she was better at that than me, ha ha. I was content being in the background, ha ha." He wasn't all like, "I hated her doing that to me. I tried and tried to talk her out of it but she never listened to me. It was hell!"

Honestly, taken out of context it just sounds like a regular husband talking about his wife-someone he loves but understands that there are differences in the way they approach things. It was surreal listening to it. I have literally heard complete strangers talking about their marriage and relationship with more malice than him.

I agree. And CW was very nonchalant in talking about SW-even going so far as to refer to her in present tense at times. He complimented her on a few occasions, showed no real malice in the things he said, and was generally good-natured about the things that have complete strangers up in arms. For instance, all these people saying that she MADE him do the videos and stuff but, when asked, he almost shrugged it off. "Yeah, ha ha, she was better at that than me, ha ha. I was content being in the background, ha ha." He wasn't all like, "I hated her doing that to me. I tried and tried to talk her out of it but she never listened to me. It was hell!"

Honestly, taken out of context it just sounds like a regular husband talking about his wife-someone he loves but understands that there are differences in the way they approach things. It was surreal listening to it. I have literally heard complete strangers talking about their marriage and relationship with more malice than him.

IMO, this is partly because he is the one telling the story and can frame it any way he likes, and partly because he may not have the insight into his marriage or his emotions to know exactly what made him so angry at her. Reading between the lines of what he’s then and now, and how he’s acted, speaks to a lot of resentment to me, even if he hadn’t explicitly expressed it.

I hope somebody can help me out here. I k ow I read where NK googling SW in “2017” was confirmed by the agency who included NK’s internet searches to have been a typo. It was confirmed that it was actually 2018. At the time I thought, ok, but I keep seeing people making a reference to her searches of SW back in 2017. I wish I could post where I saw that. Did anyone else see that? I thought this point was resolved.

“It’s not a typographical error in the report. [The detectives] are reporting what was contained in the data from her phone. I don’t know the answer to the question of why or how those dates ended up in her phone.”

‘This is not a witch hunt’: Chris Watts prosecutor cannot explain data from girlfriend’s phone showing Shanann Watts internet searches months before affair began

Because he didn't want them anymore.

Agreed in his mind, old life needed to disappear in order to resume how he was living while SR and the kids were in NC.

He admitted as much by saying how he felt when it was just him and nk when they were all gone.

In his mind they all 4 needed to go, at least In his cold hearted monster of a mind. He is truly a soulless being.....moo

Last edited:
It's difficult but I saw a comment that mentioned autism and I just wanted to point out that it can be a dangerous perception to question this because people on the spectrum are not violent people. Although in situations of high-functioning autism such as Asperger's Syndrome, there is a lack of empathy, there's also a lack of empathy present in Antisocial Personality Disorder. High IQs are usually present in both disorders and there are people that have been misdiagnosed with one when it was really the other. I believe there are serial killers that are widely rumored to have Antisocial Personality Disorder as well. However, we will never know what is wrong with Chris. Only the medical professionals that deal with him will have the opportunity to diagnose him.

Chris keeps saying that as he was strangling Shanann, he felt he "couldn't let go" and wishes he could let go but felt someone else was in control. To me, that sounds like he has some sort of problem with impulse control.

It seems to me he has more of a problem taking responsibility for his actions...even when he emphatically claims to be doing so.

You know, once snakes start eating something, they eat and eat until everything is gone. If two snakes both start eating the same mouse, the snake that gets its head over the head of the other snake first will eat the other snake just because it is in feeding mode. With NK and CW, the question was who would gets its mouth over the over first.

Excellent analogy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member