New Zealand - Christchurch Mosque shooting, dead & injured reported, 15 March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if it were no longer possible to post "anonymously" on the web? I know LE can likely track down these people who made threats, but if no one were anonymous on the web in the first place, would threats like this be posted at all? I suppose some, but far, far less? Wishful thinking?

I didn't know who Ardern was before this tragedy, but she has earned my utmost respect. Crazy to threaten a compassion person, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time. :(

jmo

What if it were no longer possible to post "anonymously" on the web? I know LE can likely track down these people who made threats, but if no one were anonymous on the web in the first place, would threats like this be posted at all? I suppose some, but far, far less? Wishful thinking?

I didn't know who Ardern was before this tragedy, but she has earned my utmost respect. Crazy to threaten a compassion person, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time. :(

jmo
LE can and should track down every single one of these threats to find out who those people are and investigate them.

jmo

She is a good leader and was before this. Her father was a policeman(from 1974) and a diplomat so she comes from good stock so to speak.

I’m immensely proud of how she has held herself this week and represented NZ.

She is a good leader and was before this. Her father was a policeman(from 1974) and a diplomat so she comes from good stock so to speak.

I’m immensely proud of how she has held herself this week and represented NZ.

Proud as you should be. What an amazing woman who leads an amazing country. Thank you. You are a light in this world

jmo
Nobody is really anonymous on the web unless they go through some extreme privacy steps and after that, they can still be tracked. . 17 steps to being completely anonymous online There is no privacy on the web, that's why people can steal your family photos and make them their family.

Nobody is really anonymous on the web unless they go through some extreme privacy steps and after that, they can still be tracked. . 17 steps to being completely anonymous online There is no privacy on the web, that's why people can steal your family photos and make them their family.
Yes, I realize that, of course.

But I do think people hide behind phony screen names and feel emboldened to post horrible comments they might not make if people reading the comments could identify them. I've noticed that the idiotic comments following news articles have largely (not completely) disappeared since news organizations either stopping allowing comments on their sites or required a Facebook sign-in.

I hope the people threatening the NZ leader will be outed quickly.

jmo

Hi Everyone,

When you see a post that violates our terms of service please report the post, do not reply to the post.

Also, things were getting way off topic so the thread will close for just a couple of hours. Everyone take a break and then come back and stay on topic.

I have been giving out one day thread bans because it is the only way we can get this thread back on topic again.
Thank you

Well...since I've had to remove every post since I opened the thread back up I am going to close it down for the night.

This thread will reopen Saturday sometime.

Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members