Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That you saw it, and the relative size of dogs to humans, makes me wonder again why no-one saw LS. She would have had to pass under six bridges by my count (7 if you include Scott Street, which is shown as raised on Google Street View - I don't know if that's a permanent state of affairs) Still, I'm not saying it didn't happen. The fact is - we just don't know... anyway, I must get this report finished... work is the curse of the drinking classes!
It would be interesting to know how quickly an object, thrown into the Hull at the park at high tide, would take to reach the Humber. Perhaps someone could experiment with something visible like a beach ball?
(Just to get an idea of the speed: I would assume a body would be submerged most of the time)

That you saw it, and the relative size of dogs to humans, makes me wonder again why no-one saw LS. She would have had to pass under six bridges by my count (7 if you include Scott Street, which is shown as raised on Google Street View - I don't know if that's a permanent state of affairs) Still, I'm not saying it didn't happen. The fact is - we just don't know... anyway, I must get this report finished... work is the curse of the drinking classes!
Someone did see her though eventually, and possibly earlier when there was a report of a body in the water. I'm not sure how body's travel along in water, might have a look and see if there's any info.

Good luck on that report! You can do it!

It would be interesting to know how quickly an object, thrown into the Hull at the park at high tide, would take to reach the Humber. Perhaps someone could experiment with something visible like a beach ball?
(Just to get an idea of the speed: I would assume a body would be submerged most of the time)
I was thinking this. You can get cheap trackers online, you could place one inside a beach ball and track its location online and speed.

Background of Environment Agency work and a few more pictures of the River Hull for context. This is at and around the point it is crossed by Clough Road, not far from Oak Road. The final picture is indicative of how it looks until it approaches the city centre, and the point pictured by @Woollybear, which is heavily silted.

The shocking state of the River Hull’s 'patchwork' flood defences

Last edited:
He might have ‘passed’ her and said
I’ve got to go and do X, Y or Z.
I’ll pop back in 5/10/15 minutes. If you’re still her I’ll give you a lift.
She then wouldn’t have been surprised to have seen him again and little conversation would have been needed.
GB was there at 11.45. PR must have been parked by 11.49. He's seen around his car at 12.00. I think he's hanging around and wandering up and down to see if she comes down Haworth street. It'd be a short cut if she lived on campus.

If police knew of GB's interaction early on and asked him to come forward wouldn't they have done the same for PR if he'd interacted with her early on?

Coincidentally, I bought a beach ball today! I don’t mind putting it in the river at the back of Oak Road Park at high tide. I’ll have a look for one of those trackers.

Last edited:
Don't forget the early report by the neighbour that he didn't know which man owned the car (PR's car)
This isn't quite right.
I remember we looked at the quote from the neighbour at the time (can't find it now, of course) and it was the strange wording that made it confusing.
The neighbour said something like 'I know he had a car, and he and someone else drove it, but I am certain that he owned the car'.
It was the 'I am certain' that made us all misread it as 'I am not certain'. I read it over and over again, and kept misreading it and only when I quoted the post in bold, did we all see that the neighbour was in fact confirming it was PR's car.

A touch of Schrodinger's Dog, if you will, there. I saw the dog because it was day time, and I was in the right place to observe it. If I hadn't have been there, or it was night, it would still have travelled along the river.

Edited - unfortunately, that is indeed the permanent state for Scott St Bridge. Google recent goings on and you might be pretty dismayed.

Last edited:
Coincidentally, I bought a beach ball today! I don’t mind putting it in the river at the back of Oak Road Park at high tide. I’ll have a look for one of those trackers.
Just do a search for GPS tracker and there should be quite a few results. You'd just have to make sure it could fit in the beach ball and be in a watertight bag. Slight modification to the beach ball may be required! Maybe we could all chip in! I love experiments!

I know there was snow on the ground when Libby went missing and there was a warm spell at the end of February,but can any local resident remember what the weather was like in the days after she went missing.
I was just thinking of visibility of anything in the river it it was misty or raining.
I would have thought the police would have checked the river at low tide.
I also wondered whether PR might have had something in his car, black refuse sacks or a fishing bag for example that he might of wrapped her in.

I think Libby and PR entered the park.

But he was seen by CCTV leaving without Libby.

I still don't think she entered the water at Oak Road Playing Fields.

But I've followed the river Hull from Oak Road to the Humber on Google Maps and can't work out where he could of dispose of the body.
Google Maps

As I've noted on an earlier thread, here, for example, it appears one can reach the river Hull very easily and I can't see any huge amount of muddy shore.
It's at the end of Town End Road in Paull, six miles East of the Deep, which we know he's visited. His mother says he likes to fish. He may well know all sorts of little places on the shores of the river where he's fished.
He could have attacked in Oak Road park, then driven his victim to a spot like this to dispose of her. I hate typing this, but she may have been unconscious, but not dead, hence no cadaver scent for dogs to pick up on. He's already 'covered' why her dna was in his car.
If he's got mud on his shoes/boots, well, that's from all the fishing isn't it?

Just do a search for GPS tracker and there should be quite a few results. You'd just have to make sure it could fit in the beach ball and be in a watertight bag. Slight modification to the beach ball may be required! Maybe we could all chip in! I love experiments!
We need to think of something biodegradable to use. As @Miss_French pointed out, plastic in the river is a no-no.

Libby Squire's broken mum fights back tears and is comforted by son at memorial

I just want to mention again - Why don't people take the wrapping paper off their flowers?
This "memorial" already looks like a rubbish tip because of all that paper, and it hides the flowers.

At least someone has had the thought and sense to put their flowers in a vase. It would be lovely if someone at the university organised this properly, got rid of the paper and put the flowers in containers. It's not hard to find glass jars or clear plastic bottles that would do.
I think a lot of flowers these days have a little bag of water at the bottom of the stems, held on with an elastic band, underneath the wrapping paper. This would obviously keep them fresh for longer. Without having access to a vase, I can see why people would leave the wrapping on, especially if there's a little bag of water inside.

A touch of Schrodinger's Dog, if you will, there. I saw the dog because it was day time, and I was in the right place to observe it. If I hadn't have been there, or it was night, it would still have travelled along the river.

Edited - unfortunately, that is indeed the permanent state for Scott St Bridge. Google recent goings on and you might be pretty dismayed.

Thanks, I'll have a butcher's. It would be interesting to know how long it takes a large object to float from, say, Croda, to the TSB/The Deep... I'm guessing more than one day. Anyway, the report...

This isn't quite right.
I remember we looked at the quote from the neighbour at the time (can't find it now, of course) and it was the strange wording that made it confusing.
The neighbour said something like 'I know he had a car, and he and someone else drove it, but I am certain that he owned the car'.
It was the 'I am certain' that made us all misread it as 'I am not certain'. I read it over and over again, and kept misreading it and only when I quoted the post in bold, did we all see that the neighbour was in fact confirming it was PR's car.

I can't find that quote either, though I definitely remember one of the neighbours suggesting the car was also used by another man.

I found this from John G 'The silver Astra that was taken away by the police last night does appear to belong to him, I have seen him in it many times."

Prize goes to whoever can find the quote! Bit sus if it's been removed from all the newspapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa