IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought for sure there would be some new information on this case by now. :( It's heartbreaking.
LE has named the boyfriend as a suspect, where is he now? @ageofaquarius brought up a good point, maybe he's in a hospital somewhere. I don't think LE could that inept as to lose his whereabouts surely?

If he was the last person to have had physical possession of baby Amiah and has been named a suspect in her disappearance, not a POI, how can he not be in jail on some related charge, ie child endangerment, obstruction, anything?

My .02 cents, I think they were all partying and hanging out and RL left with the baby for some purpose, maybe little Amiah was already deceased by accident at that time. AR knows more than she is telling LE IMO. No mother is going to not report her child missing for a week unless there is something she is trying to hide as well. Occams Razor and all.....JMO

My only hope is that this is all strategic quietness. Let the guilty party get comfortable back in their drug induced haze and let info start slipping. I pray this is what happens.

I agree that she is very difficult to follow but I thought the statement about Motel 6 was actually made by AR--although I will admit the details provided or when it was were a bit sketchy. I was of the thought that maybe LE mentioned what was in that area, like the food mart and the apartments, etc., because sometimes it is their way, to be a bit vague with what they know. By not mentioning Motel 6 being somewhat near, this way if someone saw him at Motel 6, it did not come from LE suggesting it in the information and on the flip side, it does not get us nor any possible witnesses centered on Motel 6 and the info is likely to be more accurate if someone saw him? This way it does not center at any one place in the area.

She also (the detective) made it clear that entire neighborhood of Indy that day was where they were talking, I think later in the PC, not wanting people to just assume it means the food mart or apartments, etc.

They have evidence of something, him getting gas, parked, etc.? Or a witness that saw him? There must be something they can actually confirm because they came out with it as the key thing they are asking for sightings with a date, an area, etc.

Just food for thought... Just speculation. jmo. :)
Here is a quote and the link to the article it was from that states something I had not heard before: BBM
Wednesday, March 20

• IMPD announced that they were working with the FBI in their search for Amiah. Detectives also tell Call 6 Investigates that they have reviewed clips of surveillance video that could aide detectives in the right direction. It is still unclear what those clips contain or if they are of any relevance to Amiah's disappearance.
TIMELINE: The disappearance and search for baby Amiah

I'm in a SM group on Facebook created by one of the neighbors near 229 S. Holmes and there's been a number of fake GoFundMes that have popped up, dedicated to ridiculous things like Amiah's funeral expenses, despite there being no body. If I had to guess, members of LE are undercover part of one of these groups (the one I'm in has several thousand people in, so it's hardly tight-knit)

In many cases, I have an issue with this. Donation funds pop up and I think in some cases mean well, in others they are using the tragedy, often are not even anyone involved, and who knows where it will go, etc. Half of the time we do not even know who the perp is yet, what happened, there is no body nor the person found yet, and by donating one could actually end up sending a possible perp money. Seriously.

I do not do it. I will donate to a legitimate reward fund. Maybe an effort to raise money for a search effort. I will at some point once it is known who is a victim, who is a perp, what happened, etc. Right now one has no idea who is involved and where would this money go?? To AR? To RL? To the boy's dad? Or to a stranger making such a fund and using this tragedy? I hate the best known crowdsourcing one because I also do not like how much of the money they take as their cut and they do not verify anyone's hardship story nor where the funds will actually go. I have donated through it on rare occasion but only when I know who it is and am advised of the fund through someone who is in the know--for instance, a friend has cancer and I already know that, I am advised of the fund by another friend and am already aware it is legitimate, the cause is legitimate, I know who is behind it, etc.

Just commenting because I do know people who do not think twice, believe anything and just donate... I personally would do it with great caution or more often, not do it.

A funeral fund? That is ridiculous. At this point for sure. If she is found and they then have a funeral, I would consider it but first, I would want to know who started it, second I would want to know who is going to be handed the money, etc. and how we know what it will be used for. This is one area even though I am an electronic bill payer where I would send a check in the snail mail to a local bank fund that oversees exactly who the funds go to and what they are used for more easily than I would donate electronically.

I actually worry because of the irresponsibility with it or verifying the stories and people behind starting these things that someone one day is going to make their child go missing just to get community sympathy and more so, money, or worse... There were actually two cases I wondered about and I will not name them because I have no way of knowing that was the case so it would be pure speculation...

Just my own opinion and only posting this so maybe some will think twice if they donate easily without ensuring where it is going, etc.

Here is a quote and the link to the article it was from that states something I had not heard before: BBM
Wednesday, March 20

• IMPD announced that they were working with the FBI in their search for Amiah. Detectives also tell Call 6 Investigates that they have reviewed clips of surveillance video that could aide detectives in the right direction. It is still unclear what those clips contain or if they are of any relevance to Amiah's disappearance.
TIMELINE: The disappearance and search for baby Amiah

I wonder if it relates to the area he was on March 9th or if it relates to neighboring video near the residence like that dumpster video that came out, etc.

I read this entire timeline and I guess still one of the most significant things is they found things they confirmed belonged to Amiah the day before they canceled the silver alert. On the same day if I recall correctly that they found the items, he was released. Amber also allegedly stated she found the items and called in the tip. LE has never confirmed that though to my knowledge (that she found them and advised them). I tend to think the items are a red herring and a cover up but who knows...

Who placed them there and how long had they been there? If we are to believe they were there for weeks, why did no one else see them or report them...? Were they placed there that day or more recently and why? I can think of only two likely people who placed them there...

Do and had they lived on the same property as the sitter? I know this has been asked before. This entire case is frustrating.

I know I have moved away from my initial point which was about Motel 6, etc. :)

Actually.... just bowing out. It's getting too nuts for me on this case. And it's heartbreaking. No info seems to be reliable at all. Unfortunately only news here today is don't believe fake fundraisers asking for money for search parties. Thanks for such a great job on this IMPD. jmo

Cheers, buddy! This case is definitely a head scratcher at best. I feel like all of Amiah's guardians need to be arrested. An 8 month old baby does not just disappear. They aren't talking. She was in their care before she went missing. Regardless of what transpired, her mother, her father, and her mother's boyfriend need to be held accountable. All my opinion. IMPD should have made an arrest by now. The sweet baby is missing. Lock these cowards up and make them pay for their negligence. I've seen arrests for much less than this, such as suspicion of neglect or abuse. I'm so angry no arrests have been made. Can anyone clarify WHY no one is jail for Amiah's disappearance? Such an injustice.
MOO

I wonder if it relates to the area he was on March 9th or if it relates to neighboring video near the residence like that dumpster video that came out, etc.

I read this entire timeline and I guess still one of the most significant things is they found things they confirmed belonged to Amiah the day before they canceled the silver alert. On the same day if I recall correctly that they found the items, he was released. Amber also allegedly stated she found the items and called in the tip. LE has never confirmed that though to my knowledge (that she found them and advised them). I tend to think the items are a red herring and a cover up but who knows...

Who placed them there and how long had they been there? If we are to believe they were there for weeks, why did no one else see them or report them...? Were they placed there that day or more recently and why? I can think of only two likely people who placed them there...

Do and had they lived on the same property as the sitter? I know this has been asked before. This entire case is frustrating.

Moving away from points is all we do on this thread. :)

I agree the details that we know are few and frustrating as is the entire case! These people need to man and woman up and come clean about what happened to baby Amiah and bring that poor child home. :mad:

Cheers, buddy! This case is definitely a head scratcher at best. I feel like all of Amiah's guardians need to be arrested. An 8 month old baby does not just disappear. They aren't talking. She was in their care before she went missing. Regardless of what transpired, her mother, her father, and her mother's boyfriend need to be held accountable. All my opinion. IMPD should have made an arrest by now. The sweet baby is missing. Lock these cowards up and make them pay for their negligence. I've seen arrests for much less than this, such as suspicion of neglect or abuse. I'm so angry no arrests have been made. Can anyone clarify WHY no one is jail for Amiah's disappearance? Such an injustice.
MOO
^^^THIS

I agree the details that we know are few and frustrating as is the entire case! These people need to man and woman up and come clean about what happened to baby Amiah and bring that poor child home. :mad:

ITA. To me it seems like not one person cares more about this baby than his or herself to tell the truth, find her and see justice done. It is sad there are people will not do the right thing even on behalf of an innocent baby!

I am also not liking the silence. As of just days ago we were still hearing of searches, etc. It is incredibly silent.

RBBM
I agree of course they do, but the ones involved never seem to have those natural human feelings, imoo

Last edited by a moderator:
I can totally understand how these cases become so overwhelming that you need to take a step back.

When I was living the Mollie Tibbetts case and then dove in head first into Jayme Closs case, I really struggled trying to wrap my head around the evil monsters that commit these types of crimes.

Both of those cases were difficult. I have close connections to both states as well. I think of them as wholesome midwestern states and low crime areas but times have definitely changed.

I think that is as eye opening, how things have changed, as trying to understand the monsters in either of those cases and the people here with Amiah who seem to rather than help find this child, seem to have made it more difficult to do so and possibly intentionally doing so.

jmo.

Amiah mom’s lack of concern when the baby went missing for 7 days before notifying the police. Recovery teams searching the river banks for her remains.
This is neglect and mom needs to be accountable to law enforcement.

Websleuthers hoped with good detective work and brain storming we could’ve assisted in locating Amiah.

Margarita’s countless hours spent researching and her outstanding detective work .

Emotionally draining, I will be stepping away.
To the amazing group of people here.

Thank You
Book-thinker

I pray they find this precious baby.

Amiah mom’s lack of concern when the baby went missing for 7 days before notifying the police. Recovery teams searching the river banks for her remains.
This is neglect and mom needs to be accountable to law enforcement.

Websleuthers hoped with good detective work and brain storming we could’ve assisted in locating Amiah.

Margarita’s countless hours spent researching and her outstanding detective work .

Emotionally draining, I will be stepping away.
To the amazing group of people here.

Thank You
Book-thinker

I pray they find this precious baby.
Treading carefully here as mom is currently considered a victim... But I agree that without information to the contrary it seems neglectful to wait nearly a week before reporting that your infant is missing!

There has been some discussion here where members are wondering if Amber was scared into silence by RL, that she may have some sort of mental issue that causes her to not think clearly, etc..

From msm it appears Amber didn't notify LE until she and RL had the altercation. I do wonder why then Amber didn't talk to LE once RL was arrested and sitting in jail. Plus, her father (stepdad?) seems to be protective of her so why didn't she at least go to him?

Amber certainly rallied later by going out and searching the area where she found some of Amiah's items and called it in as a tip. But why so late? Why then? I hate the lack of more information!

Just speaking in general - and we see it often here in the threads - it seems to me that a mother who cannot suss out imminent danger to her child and act immediately may not be providing a safe environment for the baby in the first place, regardless of the reason. MOO.

Treading carefully here as mom is currently considered a victim... But I agree that without information to the contrary it seems neglectful to wait nearly a week before reporting that your infant is missing!

There has been some discussion here where members are wondering if Amber was scared into silence by RL, that she may have some sort of mental issue that causes her to not think clearly, etc..

From msm it appears Amber didn't notify LE until she and RL had the altercation. I do wonder why then Amber didn't talk to LE once RL was arrested and sitting in jail. Plus, her father (stepdad?) seems to be protective of her so why didn't she at least go to him?

Amber certainly rallied later by going out and searching the area where she found some of Amiah's items and called it in as a tip. But why so late? Why then? I hate the lack of more information!

Just speaking in general - and we see it often here in the threads - it seems to me that a mother who cannot suss out imminent danger to her child and act immediately may not be providing a safe environment for the baby in the first place, regardless of the reason. MOO.

Absolutely 100% agree. An eight month old baby has been missing for this long. That is child endangerment IMHO MOO

Some of the players in this case already seem bad enough, hearing these things about people trying to profit off of this poor innocent baby's likely death is also disgusting. I personally think doing something like this should be a chargeable offense and the names should be looked into as far as who is doing these things and be publicly announced. I am sure they would find that probably most of them live states away and nowhere near enough to go search. Seriously, where do such people come from that would do this with such a tragedy? Outrageous and despicable.

imo.

100% agreement with all you stated! There are way too many loose screws out here in our world. IMO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod