Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it possible that the potential suspect, like a lot of murderers, left the area immediately after the murders but has returned now?
We have no idea what other evidence LE may be withholding other than the manner and cause of death. They may be imploring the public for tips to cinch the physical evidence they already have or scare the suspect into making tell tale mistakes.
Absolutely possible. He might have left, only to return when things cooled down.

I also believe they have new information. That message to the killer seemed personal on a level they know something we don’t know (of course they do). I don’t think I’m expressing what I’m thinking well. Another thing that stood out to me was how he stated that the killer didn’t think they would change the direction of the investigation. Maybe someone was leading them the wrong way?

I always use the term guys to include either/and females and males.
I'm an Aussie.
"See you guys", when leaving a group of female friends.

Used before and after 1980s.

I use the term to encompass both males and females and have since the early 80s.

This case is personal to me. As I've shared before, I have close family who live in Delphi. I grew up going to the park and going for walks on the bridge with my cousins. My cousin who's in LE was put on the original task force right after the murders, though they eventually moved him to something else around 3 months later. Another cousin and her daughter have been hounded by the media because of this case. I've seen them speculated against on just about every platform. I have zero insider information because LE has kept everything close to the vest, only sharing things on a need to know basis. I only know the rumors and talk of the town. Still, it angers me that one of my favorite childhood places to play is forever going to be connected to this awful crime. The way that social media and mainstream media have hounded friends and family in Delphi has been awful. It's been a stressful couple of years for everyone up there. I hope that,for the family's sake as well as the community's, something will come out of this press conference.

If BG was in fact in the audience I can guarantee the line that carter said about I bet you thought this day would never come....paraphrasing. Was directed at that specific person to elicit a response. Moo

Anybody notice how much isp carter was sweating? He put everything he had into selling that speech to the perp moo

Yes. I don't remember prior conferences with Carter, but his behavior really stood out to me.

Superintendent Carter was very emotional at the first press conference so his demeanour yesterday was not a surprise to me. This case has really affected him and it is understandable. I really have a lot of respect for him.
Today his demeanor reminded me of the former Charlottesville VA police chief, Tim Longo.

If BG was in fact in the audience I can guarantee the line that carter said about I bet you thought this day would never come....paraphrasing. Was directed at that specific person to elicit a response. Moo

Anybody notice how much isp carter was sweating? He put everything he had into selling that speech to the perp moo
It seemed to me that at the very beginning, he scanned the room and spotted BG. After that, it seemed like his eyes were mostly to the edges of the crowd and avoided looking where he spotted BG. As the press conference goes on, I didn't notice the avoidance as much - but at the very beginning I did.

I'm going to watch again to see if I am still seeing that reaction.

(I am not implying I know who BG is or that am even making a guess. I have no idea! )

jmo

I just can’t shake the feeling that this is someone known well to at least one victim’s family.

I agree with you Rallibella.
As family are not to speak to media for 2 weeks, I am wondering if there is some family/friend connection ie. LE don't wish the person to be alerted.

With this new info, the owner of this picture will surely wish to disappear.
I guess if LE are aware of his existence, he would be closely watched.
MOO.

If the "new" sketch was made two years ago, I would think it wasn't shocking for the family to see it today. Wouldn't LE have shown them previously to ask them if they recognized he person?

But, it seems something did shock the family today, or at least upset them enough that they couldn't stay.

I half expected an arrest this evening.

jmo

My initial thought after hearing/reading was that the family would know exactly who this is based on the newly released (yet actually the oldest) sketch and the request was to prevent any slips that could jeopardize the case.

Purely just a theory and totally MOO.

I think the family has seen the “new” sketch. Two scenarios. 1) They either recognized someone from the sketch at the time but some piece of evidence/alibi quickly ruled this person out and it was disregarded and all focus soon was placed on the BG sketch that was later released or 2) Didn’t recognize the face and that was one (of several) deciding factors to go with the other sketch.

I think the shock was disgust and anger about either 1) knowing who it was all along but ruling them out due to an alibi or 2) the fact that they’re basically starting all over again with a new sketch and LE is not further than they were a few days after the Murders (I don’t think that’s the case but could understand if the family saw it that way)

I think you're way over thinking/analyzing it. "Guys" is commonly used by many to refer to 2 or more people regardless of gender.
It's rare, possibly unprecedented, and very chilling, to hear a recording of someone speaking to his victims just before he assaults and murders them.

Perhaps because we hear fictional, imaginary, versions of this every day, it seems insignificant.

But I believe, in this context of a ruthless killer taking control of two young girls that he intends to exterminate, the word he used to address them is significant.

I think a less friendly approach would be to say "you"or you two". I also think it would come across as more menacing for a man to say 'girls' or 'young ladies'.

I think he was using language that he thought would express authority but not terrify them.

When he said 'it could be someone' in this room, that was the tell for me. Maybe it is his own colleague's son. He chose his words very carefully. IOW who are the people who'd be present in the room?
Family or his own employee. Did the family leave the room while he was speaking?

I also believe they have new information. That message to the killer seemed personal on a level they know something we don’t know (of course they do). I don’t think I’m expressing what I’m thinking well. Another thing that stood out to me was how he stated that the killer didn’t think they would change the direction of the investigation. Maybe someone was leading them the wrong way?

The discussion about "The Shack" movie stood out to me, and seemed pointed at BG.

Wonder how in the heck they linked this to him?

JMVHO.

It's rare, possibly unprecedented, and very chilling, to hear a recording of someone speaking to his victims just before he assaults and murders them.

Perhaps because we hear fictional, imaginary, versions of this every day, it seems insignificant.

But I believe, in this context of a ruthless killer taking control of two young girls that he intends to exterminate, the word he used to address them is significant.

I think a less friendly approach would be to say "you"or you two". I also think it would come across as more menacing for a man to say 'girls' or 'young ladies'.

I think he was using language that he thought would express authority but not terrify them.

I think he probably just uses guys in his everyday normal conversations.... hey guys let’s go, see you guys later......moo

I read more into the tone rather than the actual words he said....jmo

The discussion about "The Shack" movie stood out to me, and seemed pointed at BG.

JMVHO.

I can't decide if there was a hidden message in the reference to "The Shack" or not. On the one hand, the plot is about the death of a child in the woods, possibly by a serial killer, and how her father comes to terms with his grief. It's a religious movie. Since the reference to the movie came when Carter was speaking about the girls being in Heaven and evil in the world, it could just be that he, like many others who watched the film, found some solace in the film's message.

Or BG could literally live in a shack somewhere. It's really hard to say.

JMVHO.
I found that interesting. He was reading from a prepared statement, yet didn’t really finish the thought.

I don’t know what to make of that.

It seemed to me that at the very beginning, he scanned the room and spotted BG. After that, it seemed like his eyes were mostly to the edges of the crowd and avoided looking where he spotted BG. As the press conference goes on, I didn't notice the avoidance as much - but at the very beginning I did.

I'm going to watch again to see if I am still seeing that reaction.

(I am not implying I know who BG is or that am even making a guess. I have no idea! )

jmo
Responding to myself.

When he first walks out at the press conference and says, "I gotta say to the Delphi community...." then he pauses and looks at the crowd. His eyes look like eagle eyes - very sharp!

I think he spots BG (my guess, not fact).

He then repeats, "I gotta say to the Delphi community...." and he soon gets emotional. My GUESS is that his emotions are a reaction to seeing BG and knowing he is right there, a killer, a betrayer....and they can't grab him yet.

He will never give up on this case, imo.

jmo

Last edited:
In the new sketch there is a distinct absence of any male-pattern hair loss. I think this was mentioned on the last thread just before we had our time-out but I believe it is worth keeping in mind. That full head of hair also fits the statement during the press-conference that the murderer could look younger than he is. This information might come from the rest of the video we haven’t seen; it could be from DNA; or it could be that they know who they are looking for, as some have speculated. But the hairline is intentional to me.

If they've been sitting on this sketch for 2 years, then it seems like a poor choice. Thousands of tips have been sent in by people comparing men to the original sketch-men who look nothing like the "new" one. At some point it seems like LE would've been like, "Okay, we're getting in all these tips pointing to 60-year-old men with male-patterned baldness and it's wasting our time."

What was the no media to contact family for 2 weeks thing?
The two-week no media was interesting. I can understand not talking to the media, of course, but what's with the specific time frame of two weeks?

Perhaps LE hopes BG will be arrested before that time so it just gives a breather.

I'm also wondering if the two weeks of silence would mean anything to anyone. Has someone been on a religious retreat that included tw0-weeks of silence?

Or are college students on a two-week spring break?

I know Holy Week can be grueling on clergy - could someone have been talking about how they need two weeks to recover from that busy week?

I'm looking for meaning into everything that was said at the presser, I admit! I could be totally off base.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member