Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think there was some outside influence here, rather, I think it was a natural course of events.

They released an initial sketch, still photo, and audio, and exhausted all their leads there.

The next step would be to re-examine the evidence, and release new information.

Perhaps new evidence came to light that made this decision an easy one.

Now they are narrowing their search closer to home, and fishing with a new composite.
Oh, I agree. I don't think there was an outside influence either. But I do think LE was telling the perp - you are not in power to influence this investigation. "Power" was definitely a theme and I think it has to do with the crime itself and afterwards.

jmo

It's interesting how so many posters think, from the press conference, that they have someone specific in mind. Hopefully the perp got that impression as well.
I HOPE they have someone specific. The press conference seemed targeted - and not something necessarily aimed at the media or public.

But....just can't shake the doubtful feeling too. I mean, if they know who it is, why not arrest?

jmo

Or, possibly to Carter.

He seemed very emotional, like he'd received a bad shock recently. I know Holeman said they had fast-tracked DNA before Christmas, but if I don't recall if we heard the results.

Now, I'm wondering if they have results, and are finalizing their case against a suspect - someone whom they've already interviewed.

From the link below:

DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation

(Above article is dated Febuary 02, 2017).

If anyone has updated info. on the DNA, please post it.

Thanks.

Superintendent Carter was very emotional at the first press conference so his demeanour yesterday was not a surprise to me. This case has really affected him and it is understandable. I really have a lot of respect for him.

Dear crhedBngr,

They have kept all details to themselves, as you've stated.

I have the greatest respect for every single person who had knowledge of how the girls were killed/found and never once spoke about it outside the law enforcement circle and families.

This gesture to provide dignity and respect to the young girls and their families by not divulging details is tremendous and greatly appreciated.
Yes, and that might indicate that if the perp is truly one of their own (as in a local), it's going to really hurt. This town pulled together, imo, and even the officer today talked about that. I think they should brace for being betrayed. :(

jmo

Oh, I agree. I don't think there was an outside influence either. But I do think LE was telling the perp - you are not in power to influence this investigation. "Power" was definitely a theme and I think it has to do with the crime itself and afterwards.

jmo
Yeah, power is almost certainly an element of this guy’s psychological makeup.

He had power over those girls, something that he must have found satisfying.

That bleeds over to other areas, and is frequently exhibited in the behavior of a lot of serial killers, especially with an ongoing investigation.

Not to say this guy is a serial killer, but I think he profiles as one.

He’s a big deal now, which is why he’s likely discussed this with one or (likely) more people.

He may not reach out to law enforcement, but he’s got to vent somehow.

One last thought for the night - this is not a movie or book where the plot and story and character actions are thought out and planned ahead of time to tell a story in a certain way. These are regular, every day human beings having to react to an awful situation and figure out things as it goes along.

One last thought for the night - this is not a movie or book where the plot and story and character actions are thought out and planned ahead of time to tell a story in a certain way. These are regular, every day human beings having to react to an awful situation and figure out things as it goes along.
Yes, of course. But I think that press conference was very, very deliberately planned out well in advance.

jmo

A few more thoughts.

The “new” sketch was actually done only a few days after the murders. It was never previously released, however I’m guessing the families would have been shown. Imagine their shock/anger when a sketch they were likely told to disregard more than 2 years ago is now back at center stage.

The vehicle, what if someone in the community was well known for frequently leaving their vehicle in that abandoned lot? Sure folks aren’t going to remember where they saw a certain vehicle over 2 years later , but a lot of people will remember if a certain vehicle was repeatedly parked there. It also wouldn’t cause much suspicion among locals for that vehicle to be there, even the day the girls went missing, because it’s not out of place. Sure a few folks might have mentioned it to see if the person could be a witness, but I’m guessing his alibi provided a valid explanation for why it was there.

I think LE knows exactly what vehicle was there and who owns it. They just need someone to put 2 and 2 together and call in that final tip.

Yes, of course. But I think that press conference was very, very deliberately planned out well in advance.

jmo
Definitely. FBI profilers would have advised Carter on what to say, and how to say it.

They were trying to rattle him, and draw him into the light.

He would have likely exhibited erratic behavior after the murders, and with everyone watching, will probably do it again.

That’s the hope anyway.

A few more thoughts.

The “new” sketch was actually done only a few days after the murders. It was never previously released, however I’m guessing the families would have been shown. Imagine their shock/anger when a sketch they were likely told to disregard more than 2 years ago is now back at center stage.

The vehicle, what if someone in the community was well known for frequently leaving their vehicle in that abandoned lot? Sure folks aren’t going to remember where they saw a certain vehicle over 2 years later , but a lot of people will remember if a certain vehicle was repeatedly parked there. It also wouldn’t cause much suspicion among locals for that vehicle to be there, even the day the girls went missing, because it’s not out of place. Sure a few folks might have mentioned it to see if the person could be a witness, but I’m guessing his alibi provided a valid explanation for why it was there.

I think LE knows exactly what vehicle was there and who owns it. They just need someone to put 2 and 2 together and call in that final tip.
If the "new" sketch was made two years ago, I would think it wasn't shocking for the family to see it today. Wouldn't LE have shown them previously to ask them if they recognized he person?

But, it seems something did shock the family today, or at least upset them enough that they couldn't stay.

I half expected an arrest this evening.

jmo

Why the press conference if they have dna linking to someone? Seems like they'd trail and get evidence to match if so. This made it seem like they have nothing via dna and need a confession or someone linking the person to the crime.
Agree. I feel that IF they have a suspect in mind, it’s all circumstantial and they are begging him to give a confession

Dear crhedBngr,

They have kept all details to themselves, as you've stated.

I have the greatest respect for every single person who had knowledge of how the girls were killed/found and never once spoke about it outside the law enforcement and medical circles.

This gesture to provide dignity and respect to the young girls and their families by not divulging details is tremendous and greatly appreciated.

Thanks, @zencompass . I agree - preserving the dignity and respect for Abby, Libby and their Families is important.

the opposite of "guys" to me anyway is "gals" and nobody uses the term "gals"very often....its "guys" let go...."guys" being a catch all for a group....

that presser was so emotional....I think the police chief KNOWS the awful truth about who did this and is giving him a chance to do the right thing.....

the reference to "the Shack" was not insignificant....it was on cable just two nights ago where I live.....

perhaps the suspected perp is from a strong religious background and bringing up evil and redemption would be very important to bring up....appealing to his better nature...

the identification of the car is the elephant in the room.....perp now knows that the cops know.....fingerprints, hair samples,thrown away cig. butts....all kinds of info can be obtained.....cops are dotting their i's and crossing their "t's"/

Isn't it possible that the potential suspect, like a lot of murderers, left the area immediately after the murders but has returned now?
We have no idea what other evidence LE may be withholding other than the manner and cause of death. They may be imploring the public for tips to cinch the physical evidence they already have or scare the suspect into making tell tale mistakes.

If the "new" sketch was made two years ago, I would think it wasn't shocking for the family to see it today. Wouldn't LE have shown them previously to ask them if they recognized he person?

But, it seems something did shock the family today, or at least upset them enough that they couldn't stay.

I half expected an arrest this evening.

jmo
Can you elaborate on the family’s reaction/events today? I watched the PC, but didn’t see anything from the family and I’m seeing their reaction/absence mentioned a lot. Thank you.

Can you elaborate on the family’s reaction/events today? I watched the PC, but didn’t see anything from the family and I’m seeing their reaction/absence mentioned a lot. Thank you.
No, I can't. I'm doing the same as you - responding to what others have mentioned.

jmo

If BG was in fact in the audience I can guarantee the line that carter said about I bet you thought this day would never come....paraphrasing. Was directed at that specific person to elicit a response. Moo

Anybody notice how much isp carter was sweating? He put everything he had into selling that speech to the perp moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa