Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question.
I don’t think after two years that LE has decided to reach out and ask about a parked car for the first time, especially with no description. Nor do I think they expect BG to call them and admit he’s the driver.
Therefore, I can only imagine three possibilities:
1. They are trying to CONFIRM another witness account of BG seen with this vehicle
2. They are trying to jog someone else’s recall of the absence of the car during that day/time and make the connection with the new sketch/word “guys”/gait.
3. There is a possibility that there is a second person somehow connected to the car and they want to know if they are an unwitting or involved participant.
Can anyone think of other possibilities?
I kind of think they just wanted him to know they know..... someone that they looked into earlier and tentatively cleared has now been put back in the line of sight because the car that was parked was a car that he drives and would not have fit in with the Alibi story. Because they didnt ask for people to identify a driver of a certain car. They just wanted everyone (him) to know they know that car was there.

Oh! Also. Didnt they say 12_5? I thought about that while I was sleeping. So he was there before they got there.

These are very helpful, and show very well what I noticed yesterday when I was looking at the video frame by frame. The shadows move across his face and make it appear he has facial hair at times. But a couple of shots, I think, fairly clearly show he is clean shaven(maybe a mustache) and younger than we thought.
Thanks Redbeard.
So some of you actually see hair only vs a hat?
I can’t make myself un-see the hat.

he also appears to bend the left leg when he places weight on it - as if the R leg is not the right length. It's an extra plie almost after he shifts weight onto the left leg. Like he's bending into the left leg in order to assist in picking the right leg up off the ground.

I have to say that after he makes the turn to the left, he does look taller and younger. In that angle, I can see how he could be younger than what the first few frames appear.

I've wondered if LE released just snippets of the video because we might be able to hear one or both of the girls reacting on the recording. It would be so disturbing to hear their voices.
Some people here are saying they don't think there is anymore audio or video to release-but I recall LE near the beginning of the investigation saying something to the effect that the rest of the recording was "the thing nightmares are made of ", or something to that effect. I could be wrong...but that really sticks in my mind.

I actually have tears in my eyes. Wearing headphones, the second clip- between guys and down the hill, I swear I hear a high pitched/ girls voice screaming "oh my goooodd! Nooo!" And now I cant unhear it. I hear it every time it replays and it is making me cringe and my eyes tear up.
Oh my goodness. I hear it too. Maybe power of suggestion but I definitely hear it.

Has anyone ever received a "pocket dial" or a "butt dial"? To me, the recording sounds exactly like that. If you haven't, try it - turn on the recording app on your phone, drop it in your pants or jacket pocket. It was february and probably both wearing jackets so a jacket would be better. It's spring so there may not be as many leaves around to walk through but try it anyway and you'll get a feel for the sound we might be hearing on the recording.

I don't know if anyone here has ever walked across train trestles that are high above the ground. I lived in the Pacific Northwest for a while and regularly hiked this abandoned rail tracks near the coast. There were quite a few that were set up similar to the Monon High Bridge. I would keep my eyes on my feet as I walked across - sometimes the ties were deteriorating and you could easily trip. Standard spacing is approximately 19 to 19.5 inches for wood ties. I don't remember if it has ever been stated how far apart the ties on MHB are but yeah, you look down while crossing - even if you have crossed it before. No matter how many times I crossed trestles, I don't think I'd ever be able to walk across straight without turning slightly at random (again, you try to avoid cracks/gouges/missing pieces) or even look like I was walking "normal".

The only thing that raises a flag for me is that he has his hands in his pocket or at least seems to. Unless he is holding his pants up, either because they don't fit or they have extra weight in them, I find it interesting he doesn't feel the need to keep his hands ready or even just relaxed just in case he tripped. It can be a little disorientating to see the ground so far below while trying to walk across.

there is also a movie called Hiding in Plain Sight. about a school teacher...
Hiding in Plain Sight (2012) - Plot Summary - IMDb

The words "We believe you are hiding in plain sight" captured my attention. They keep coming back to me.

Could this end up being someone who was "familiar" to the folks in Delphi who perhaps said hello on a regular basis to him? Someone they "know" but don't really "know"?

Someone who worked in the "background" and didn't say much but never acted odd enough to attract any attention. Someone who people wouldn't normally think of because the person never made an impression on them.

Sometimes people who work quietly in the background are "invisible" to us, in that we don't automatically think of them when there are criminal cases or otherwise.

"Carter addressed the killer directly, close to tears throughout his prepared statement: “We believe you are hiding in plain sight,” he said."

‘Hiding in Plain Sight’: Police Release New Audio, Video Evidence in Delphi Murders of Two Teen Girls

Does anyone recall LE asking for people to search for a blue bag and a man walking along ? highway? Was that in the direction of the car?
I remember that from way back, yes. I can’t answer your question though as I have zero sense of direction with the area.
Anyone?

I think that this was purely a crime of opportunity.

He took a big risk “abducting” two teenage girls from a popular hiking trail.

Chances are that he identified himself as a person of authority and the girls began recording to document what he was ‘going to say’.

He most likely pulled a weapon when he was within earshot so the girls wouldn’t have time to scream or run.

Was he a local? A quick google of businesses and events in the area and all the men seem to dress the same, which could be common anywhere. In fact, one of the first businesses that appears under Google images could easily be mistaken for the guy in the video.

My guess is that he isn’t local, but is familiar with the area. To lead the girls away from the bridge, kill them, and then leave the area in a short space of time tells me he has been there before. Or perhaps he had an accomplice ‘down the hill’ that did.

I don’t think the police are holding back anything by not releasing the video. They probably pulled the best frame that had the best shot of the guy. The rest of the video is probably traumatic and awful and shouldn’t be viewed by anyone.

Last edited:
About his walk.

I was a nurse and my husband was a prosthetist (fabricated and fit artificial limbs) and I worked with him in his clinic over 10 years.
BG looks like he could possibly be a below the knee amputee on the right. A B/K prosthesis is usually held on by suction created by the stump fitting into the socket of the prosthesis. If the stump is extremely short, it is held on by a sleeve.
When he steps, the right pant leg has a telltale crease right under the knee. This is created when the lip of the prosthesis, or the top, catches on the material of the pant. It also happens when there is some slippage of the prosthesis. A lot of amputees wear baggier pants "cover" the prosthesis but this can lead to that crease.
When he picks up his left foot to take a step, you can see the sole of his shoe in the toe area because that's how most of us walk...heel to toe, meaning on the up step, our ankle flexes up to bring the toes up and to allow us to "land" on our heel first. He does that perfectly on the left.
When he raises his right leg, he raises it a bit higher and straight up, the sole of the shoe in the toe area cannot be seen at all, even as he brings it down. That's because their is no ankle flexion at that time. He brings it straight down. Not heel first, his whole foot comes down at the same time.
It's very subtle, and most people have no idea someone is a below the knee amputee but I caught that right away.
Number 1 reason people lose a limb is diabetes/circulation problems. Then trauma...motorcycle, car, tractor, lawn mower, industrial, etc. accidents. We of course have many vets with amputated limbs also.
A prosthetist usually takes care of the same person for life unless they move. It's very personal, and patients are extremely loyal to their prosthetists. If they sent the new sketch to every clinic in the nation, and he IS a below the knee amputee, his prosthetist would recognize him.
I sent my thoughts regarding the above to the tip email address of the state police.
Thank you for the work you do. I for one would not walk on that bridge on a dare and I think that ONE Second loop shows him stepping over a gap, but that is just my opinion. I hate heights and the missing rails I see in the photos are things of my nightmares!

I actually have tears in my eyes. Wearing headphones, the second clip- between guys and down the hill, I swear I hear a high pitched/ girls voice screaming "oh my goooodd! Nooo!" And now I cant unhear it. I hear it every time it replays and it is making me cringe and my eyes tear up.

I hear it now as well. It sounds like the voices are muffled/dubbed over.
Sadly nobody heard their screams.

Thank you for the work you do. I for one would not walk on that bridge on a dare and I think that ONE Second loop shows him stepping over a gap, but that is just my opinion. I hate heights and the missing rails I see in the photos are things of my nightmares!

Especially passing strangers at that height, my fear would be being pushed off. When someone passed me I’d tend to sit down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard