Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully disagree - I think there are mannerisms to notice. He doesn't walk like I would across the bridge. I would have my hands out and I would look nervous. My husband is outdoorsy, outgoing, and athletic and would not walk like BG at all. He doesn't walk with his hands in his pockets, ever. But my dad did and so does my brother-in-law, both of whom grew up on Midwestern farms.

Jmo

Yes, and we can remember that most of the general public hasn't dissected BG's movements like we have. We've had the resources of Gray Hughes, and others, who were very skilled at superimposing the originally released still-shots and creating a little "video" of sorts to ponder. Most people haven't seen these fluid movements. It's a way of getting the general public to see movement. Which can be more identifying than a still.

MOO.

I have been following this case since the very beginning and finally decided to post my opinion after reading through the threads. IMO, I believe BG is in his late 30's or early 40's based on the voice. I also find it interesting that when he is directing the girls "down the hill" his voice is not a violent tone, he's not yelling, but he is very directive. IMO this is indicative of an authority figure. I don't believe this person was well known to the girls because they obviously felt some sort of threat or uneasy feeling that prompted them to video tape this person. However, he had enough authority or perhaps a weapon (scare tactic) to make them comply and not start screaming and run off. IMO, LE has some knowledge that led them to that press conference, which I believe was a blatant target to the suspect. The demeanor was intense and I think thing are using this as a tactic to throw this person off, causing them to make a mistake. They are hoping this causes a reaction within the perp and he finally gives himself up one way or another.

IMHO ONLY
Yes, I think they have DNA and yes, due to other reasons not associated to a crime, they have at the very least, familial DNA.
IMHO ONLY!

Who knows: they may have too much DNA. To me, the question about DNA is not as important without the rest of the puzzle pieces. Unless the DNA was found and collected in a manner that absolutely links the donor with the actual crime (I'm not going into details), collecting DNA in this case is simply circumstantial.

Even the worst public defender can set a defense of "Your Honor, my client took a leak in the woods an hour before this crime and had nothing to do with this". People tend to think that DNA makes or breaks a case but it's just another tool to build a case, not prove guilt or innocence.

I'm think about the timing of all of this. Middle of the day on a weekday, when most adult men would be working (depending on shift). I know the obvious answer is he worked at the school, therefore he also had the day off. But I'm considering other jobs that might offer a person middle of the weekday freedom. Railroad worker (night or weekend shift)? It was Feb., the off-season, so farmers, landscapers, etc?

To me, I feel this was specific to those girls, but I think only because he saw the opportunity. I'm very curious if BG saw the girls get dropped off, or saw the sister drive by with the girls and a minute later without, so assumed they'd been dropped at the trail? But then why was he in that area with his car? There's a farm implement and supply store between where the car was parked, and where the girls were dropped off. IDK.

I feel BG is a nobody. If he was prominent in the community, the witnesses would have recognized him, there would have been a reaction in the room when the sketch was revealed, etc. JMO
Another obvious answer is that BG was chronically unemployed because he's a felon possibly a sex offender and personality disordered and can't get or keep a job.

Another obvious answer is that BG was chronically unemployed because he's a felon possibly a sex offender and personality disordered and can't get or keep a job.
Yes, that is certainly a possibility. And it wouldn't surprise me at all. Still, IF he saw the girls getting dropped off, he'd need a reason to be in the area. That's only one theory, though...

About his walk.

I was a nurse and my husband was a prosthetist (fabricated and fit artificial limbs) and I worked with him in his clinic over 10 years.
BG looks like he could possibly be a below the knee amputee on the right. A B/K prosthesis is usually held on by suction created by the stump fitting into the socket of the prosthesis. If the stump is extremely short, it is held on by a sleeve.
When he steps, the right pant leg has a telltale crease right under the knee. This is created when the lip of the prosthesis, or the top, catches on the material of the pant. It also happens when there is some slippage of the prosthesis. A lot of amputees wear baggier pants "cover" the prosthesis but this can lead to that crease.
When he picks up his left foot to take a step, you can see the sole of his shoe in the toe area because that's how most of us walk...heel to toe, meaning on the up step, our ankle flexes up to bring the toes up and to allow us to "land" on our heel first. He does that perfectly on the left.
When he raises his right leg, he raises it a bit higher and straight up, the sole of the shoe in the toe area cannot be seen at all, even as he brings it down. That's because their is no ankle flexion at that time. He brings it straight down. Not heel first, his whole foot comes down at the same time.
It's very subtle, and most people have no idea someone is a below the knee amputee but I caught that right away.
Number 1 reason people lose a limb is diabetes/circulation problems. Then trauma...motorcycle, car, tractor, lawn mower, industrial, etc. accidents. We of course have many vets with amputated limbs also.
A prosthetist usually takes care of the same person for life unless they move. It's very personal, and patients are extremely loyal to their prosthetists. If they sent the new sketch to every clinic in the nation, and he IS a below the knee amputee, his prosthetist would recognize him.
I sent my thoughts regarding the above to the tip email address of the state police.
Good observation. Right now I am wearing an AFO. I twisted my ankle and need to wear for a few months. I would not think of walking.g on a railroad bridge bit someone who has wearing prosthesis for awhile it may be ok to walk on uneven surface. Thanks for your keen eye and medical background.

It was on a Dr Phil show that we first learned it was Libby’s dad who was supposed to pick up the girls. This is what BP said:

“Just 24-hours before, the girls were hiking the trails, dropped off around 1:45 p.m. on Feb. 13. About 25 minutes later, Libby posted a Snapchat of Abby on the bridge. By 3:11 p.m., they had gone silent, Libby’s dad trying to track them down.

“He got there and nobody was there. He ran into a guy and he was coming from the bridge. He said ‘did you happen to see two girls up there?’ He said ‘no I did not.’ By 4 p.m. it was like ‘oh man,’” said Patty.”

Families of Abby and Libby take FOX59 through final hours of the Delphi teens

Something I can’t get quite straight, maybe others have ideas....but who was the man coming from the bridge? Wouldn’t he have been a potential suspect? But Libby’s dad can’t have been involved in the creating the police sketch as reportedly the witness had only came forward “recently”, prior to the sketch being released in July17.

So now we have a suspicious car parked by an abandoned building from noon until 5pm on the day of the murders and a sketch released of a different looking person. Maybe LE were somehow able to finally connect the person sighted coming off the bridge to the parked car? Then he walked back to town from the trail system and hung for awhile to not raise suspicion, making it appear he was doing something in town all afternoon in case the bodies were found that same day? I don’t know but I’ve always wondered about the huge coincidence of this man sighted coming from the bridge and where he’d came from.

I'm think about the timing of all of this. Middle of the day on a weekday, when most adult men would be working (depending on shift). I know the obvious answer is he worked at the school, therefore he also had the day off. But I'm considering other jobs that might offer a person middle of the weekday freedom. Railroad worker (night or weekend shift)? It was Feb., the off-season, so farmers, landscapers, etc?

To me, I feel this was specific to those girls, but I think only because he saw the opportunity. I'm very curious if BG saw the girls get dropped off, or saw the sister drive by with the girls and a minute later without, so assumed they'd been dropped at the trail? But then why was he in that area with his car? There's a farm implement and supply store between where the car was parked, and where the girls were dropped off. IDK.

I feel BG is a nobody. If he was prominent in the community, the witnesses would have recognized him, there would have been a reaction in the room when the sketch was revealed, etc. JMO

Could be unemployed, self employed. I'm self employed. I have a crazy amount of control over my working hours.

The Shack reference was explained as talking about evil, death and eternity, iirc.
I don’t think there’s any other connection other than DC to mean the girls are now in heaven & the gruesomeness of your crime is gone. Jmo

Profilers have done studies on type of jobs murderers are attracted
to: The Orange County Ca. cop had held 3 of popular jobs for killers- warehouse worker, cop, and truck driver.
Chef is on the list also. If crime was on Monday. could he be a cook locally and this was on his day off, after busy weekend.

The more I listen to the audio clip the more it sounds to me like he’s trying to be friendly. It’s made me think of something I read about not teaching kids about ‘stranger danger’ but about ‘tricky people’- adults who ask children for help. For example, ‘I’ve lost my dog, can you help me find him?’, ‘my friend is hurt, could you come with me while I get help’ etc. Kind young people who want to be helpful are likely to go along with this, possibly even whilst suspicious enough to record in secret.

Maybe the missing chunk of audio is critical in terms of how he got them down the hill under a false pretence. LE don’t want this released as it’s a great piece of info for eliminating false confessions.

My apologies if this has been posted already, but I’m following from the U.K. and the time difference means I often have 60+ pages to catch up on!

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

*per Tricia
Bringing this forward again. Please don't post photos of, or articles about people that have not been named Persons Of Interest in this case. And please don't "quote" the offending post. It's against TOS and we've been warned. We really don't want the thread shut down again.
For those who are new to WS, please take the time to read the posts on page one of this thread from Tricia and our Moderators. Also, please read the terms of service for posting on this site. TIA!

Last edited by a moderator:
If he ponders the comments, who knows, he may commit suicide. He got away with his actions, for two years. Every moment, 24/7 he must wonder.....is today the day?
The “what will they think of you” comment has to give him pause. Jmo

This was one of my first thoughts was that he now might off himself rather than face the music.

I think at this point, they've probably interviewed every felon and sex offender in a 100 mile radius, more than a few times.

Could be unemployed, self employed. I'm self employed. I have a crazy amount of control over my working hours.
Me, too. But I'm just looking for a possible reason for BG to be in the area other than strictly to go after somebody. Even if he did see them get dropped off, did he already have layers on? Did he have spare clothing in his vehicle? Did he run home? So many questions...

The girls were last known to be on the bridge and then were found across a creek a few hundred metres away. I don't think BG would have been able to walk/run that terrain if he was an amputee or had impaired mobility. Cross the bridge, likely yes.
I can't wrap my head around the fact that other people were there that day, that the trees were still bare of leaves, that BG felt safe enough to do what he did and no one saw or heard a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa