Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with you and others. I was a bit deflated after this morning. He sounds far less confident and not as if they are onto anyone. I found the PC in April far more confident, even though I was torn between was it bluffing/tactical or did they have new information. I also took the one more tip today to mean what can apply to any unsolved case--all cases can be broken with that one good tip right, it does not mean they have much, if anything...

I try to hang onto a few things though. There had to be a reason they did not release this second sketch back in the day. They either knew the person and believed he could not be the perp, they did not trust the person who was saying it was this man, they had tunnel vision on someone else, etc.? This sketch is a major turn and why? I do wonder if they know or have a good idea of who the sketch is of but it is so long after the fact, any evidence connecting him is non-existent or not enough to charge nor even close and it may be too late to come up with any. I guess they could be looking for a witness or tipster who provided some information initially, both with the sketch and vehicle remarks.

Arghh, I don't know. I just know I am not so positive today about this case. Right at the end when he put his fingers together like they just need a little tiny bit of information, a small tip for that one last piece, awhile back that would have made me confident that they have all they need and just need that one little bit of info to seal it; today I am not sure I believed it--I felt more like they need a bigger tip than that.

Now I have to reverse my thinking and hope they are acting more now like they do not know who it is and that that is a bluff... I sure the he** hope so...

Maybe in those 3,000 tips... One can hope...
I felt sure they at least new who the car belonged to, now I’m beginning to doubt they do. :(

I am hopeful that they have good evidence, but they just want to make sure the case is 100% solid. I am going to remain optimistic about the outcome. One certain tip is all it takes and then it's all over for the BG.

John Douglas. Didn't he also rule out the Ramsey family as the perps in JBR's death?

If he thinks this could have been solved quickly, then maybe he should have gotten his so smart self to Delphi ASAP to offer his assistance. He didn't.

So, meh on Douglas. All hat, no cattle here.

I'm not a Douglas completist, but IIRC he is a vocal proponent of using the public to help solve a case. Certainly in his BTK book he writes about the importance of releasing info in a timely manner in order to harvest tips that lead to successful conclusions. A quote:

Back in the 1970s, that wasn’t how things were done. Police kept a tight lid on case information, releasing it only when absolutely necessary. But now we know differently, and I’m convinced that if the authorities had taken a more proactive approach, disseminating very specific details about BTK to the public, someone who was acquainted with Rader might have recognized him and tipped off police that they knew of someone who seemed to fit the description of the man they were seeking.

Tons of variations of this idea in his books. I know LE and posters here have a range of views on this, but he seems to have said what I'd expect him to say, and investigators in this case do seem to have offered up more info and framed in a way calculated to generate tips and, hopefully, arrest(s). IMO (OC).

Jmo but too often, police are so worried about holding back info from the public, that they don’t release enough to get realistic tips. Not sure if this due to the prosecutors in their ears about “protecting evidence” or just an inborn police tendency toward secrecy.

Either way, it leads to cases like this one seems to be.
I think it's prosecutors. The LE used to release more info when it was mostly only print newspapers and a handful of news stations but with the blowup of news and social media these cases become big news nationwide, some worldwide. I'm sure it makes it harder for prosecution if too much info gets out there in such a big way. Before they'd release locally and it would stay local. If the local jury pool was considered too tainted they'd just move trial to the next county. Now even that or the whole state is greatly influenced.

Whoa, you just made my hinky meter go off like mad now. I was talking to a client yesterday, and he just lost his main client. He works in Transportation, and his normal route was Ontario to Indiana twice a week, to pick up paper from that exact plant. I just realized it’s the same one. He was telling me about Indiana and I have a friend who lives there who I have visited so we were just being chatty. But I thought it was interesting since I have been obsessing over this case.

Now I’m realizing he was talking about that plant. It’s just strange. But if you consider he is coming and going to that plant twice a week and from another country, there very well could be other drivers doing the same thing.

Suspect is familiar with the area, or works in the area or returns to the area frequently. I know we can’t get into psychic stuff but the energy around that connection just gave me chills.
Yes! I know exactly what you mean. When I was at this company and saw all of the shipping papers and drivers logs/ELDS showing Delphi, my hinky meter went off big time. This is just one trucking company based out of where I’m located (South Texas). There are hundreds of trucking companies located all over that will pickup/deliver to this plant. This means a lot of drivers will be familiar with that area. MOO I need to look at Google maps again but I don’t think the plant is that far from the trail. My only problem with the truck driver theory is the car their interested in at the abandoned building. If there was zero interest in this car, I would be very confident in BG being a truck driver. MOO

I agree...I think there's way more to this than they're letting on. They don't have to tell us every strategic move they're making. I think they're waiting on something that will make a prosecutor feel like they can get a conviction without any doubt. JMO
I really hope your right. I’m trying to be positive but it’s tough.

I’ve watched a Netflix series based on John Douglas’s book “Mindhunter.” Looking forward to the next season. I find criminal profiling fascinating.

Obviously it is just his opinion, but he pointed out that “Guys” was said in a way a teacher or coach would talk.... “Not an order”...familiarity.

Many stated the same here.

yes.....I've thought so from the beginning..the word "guys" denoted someone familiar....also authoritative in a mild manner....

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a lot of people are disappointed in what ISP Carter said but I heard it differently. We're one step away, one step away. Somebody has that information, they're just too afraid to come forward and tell us. He sounded very specific to me.

Well that is an interesting observation.
If true, they might think they have uncovered an untrue 'story' from a scared witness, or the killer himself. Not just generally 'someone they talked to' but a specific individual they talked to. The one tip is... the car?

Do we know when Carter's GMA interview was taped? Maybe it was shortly after the PC and not super recent. It wasn't live right? I am just grasping at straws probably. jmo
Carter's interview was by ABC's Alex Perez, and I don't think it was live.

I agree it could have been taped much earlier, and combined with John Douglas soundbite as he was scheduled on GMA as part of his book tour and not specific to Delphi investigation.

MOO

If they truly believe this guy is a local then I find it so odd that this killer who was brazen and skilled enough to assault (most likely) and slaughter 2 girls in minutes in the middle of the day ... someone who was clever enough to have gotten away with it for 2 years had not killed previously and has not killed since. It just doesn't make sense that murdering 2 teens in broad daylight was his first and only kill.

We aren't talking about a husband murdering his wife or a parent murdering their child - those crimes; however planned out generally only happen the once. They are seeded in anger or frustration and are deeply personal. Randomly murdering 2 girls in the middle of the day seems so predatory and predators don't just strike once ... unless it wasn't as random as LE indicates. Maybe it was more personal ... anger, frustration, fear driven?

We have to remember that Douglas is retired. I'm sure (from what I've read) that he has to be asked to get involved with a case. And I'm sure he has done many, many cases since his retirement. But that is why the FBI was involved in this case, they have new people that can do the same thing that Douglas does.
I'm reminded though that the first sketch was provided by the FBI. Perhaps the early help they provided is what has led this astray for 2 years. Carter said, We are just getting started. I took that to mean on the right track, with the right sketch.

I know a lot of people are disappointed in what ISP Carter said but I heard it differently. We're one step away, one step away. Somebody has that information, they're just too afraid to come forward and tell us. He sounded very specific to me.
I admire your optimism, truly. I seem to have lost mine :( Hoping something brings it back, soon.

Maybe this morning news show was primarily for further pressure on that “one person” who is afraid to step forward? And the mini official notice update this week. I see this as a building of societal pressure on the friend or family member who in their heart knows. What that person should realize is that we don’t view him/her too many notches above BG — assuming they have long had this inkling, and sat on facts coming together.
Their window is closing on coming forward. The community may still regard them with sympathy understanding that they were in denial or afraid but that compassion has a limit and they are just about to the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member