GUILTY UK - Blake, 14 & Tristan Barrass, 13, dead, 4 hospitalized, Sheffield, May 2019 *Arrests*

Unfortunately many cases like this do slip through the net. Social services are stretched everywhere. I’m reminded of that young girl whose death was ruled as suicide, but its clear that the stepfather was abusive. She was failed in a lot of ways. And I think this will be similar.

That's true, too many slip through the net. I don't recall that case but I don't doubt she was let down. A friend of mines gp refered her to children's services after she went to see them regarding her depression. She didnt agree with it as her kids have never been in danger or neglected under her care. One year later and she's still awaiting them arriving, for all they know she could be beating her kids and worse, which of course shes not ! But they don't know that.

Unfortunately many cases like this do slip through the net. Social services are stretched everywhere. I’m reminded of that young girl whose death was ruled as suicide, but its clear that the stepfather was abusive. She was failed in a lot of ways. And I think this will be similar.

Amber Peat....appalling behaviour from both mother and stepfather

I see a couple of reference to BM being the stepfather, I may have missed something but I read that he was of no fixed abode, to me that doesn't suggest any kind of formal relationship with SB. This is clearly a very sad disfunctional set up and I'm a little uncomfortable with giving BM that label.

Do we know anything of the bio father of the older children?

I see a couple of reference to BM being the stepfather, I may have missed something but I read that he was of no fixed abode, to me that doesn't suggest any kind of formal relationship with SB. This is clearly a very sad disfunctional set up and I'm a little uncomfortable with giving BM that label.

I've not seen anything mentioned of him so perhaps he's either not in the picture or keeping quiet (rightfully if so, given the way certain extended family members have been behaving online).

He’s SBs half brother

I think i saw he gave in court NFA, but i have definitely seen a screenshot of him being on the electoral roll at that property along with SB for a number of years.

Nothings been in the media about fathers of the kids, anything else would be discussing rumours. We really are stuck with info about this case until more is released.
The no formal abode stuff could indicate he lived there on and off...maybe just moved back in but not officially?

24 hours but they can ask for extensions up to 96 hours.

I think the first extension can be granted by LE (taking it to 48 hours) after that it's a magistrate that authorise any further extensions.
No LE is 24hrs then you go to court to get a further extension up to 96 hours

No LE is 24hrs then you go to court to get a further extension up to 96 hours

Seems we are both wrong LE up to 36 hours (officer with a rank of at least superintendent after the first 24 hours).

After 36 hours magistrate.

Seems we are both wrong LE up to 36 hours (officer with a rank of at least superintendent after the first 24 hours).

After 36 hours magistrate.

My apologies I should have explained it in more detail. You are allowed to hold a person in Police detention without charge for 24 hours . During this period the detainee is subject to reviews by a senior officer which changes from an Inspector or above after the initial review, to a rank of at least Superintendent as the custody clock ticks further towards the 24 hours. After 24 hours, circumstances dictate wether a Magistrate grants a custody extension of the detainee or a senior officer of at least Superintendent rank. If the detainee is a juvenile or a vulnerable person ( there are a list of around 6/7 different circumstances given which I won’t list all here as it can be researched if necessary ), then the Police have to apply to a Magistrate for a custody clock extension, however if the circumstances fall outside of all those that are listed, then an officer of at least the rank of Superintendent can authorise UP TO a maximum of a further 12 hours, making it a total of 36 hours, but it depends on what enquiries are left to do and if will take a further 12 hours. Also, if it’s a non indictable offence then you have to apply to a Magistrate for a custody clock extension ( although this is not as likely because it won’t be as serious an offence). It’s only indictable only offences , NOT non indictable or triable either way offences, that can be given the extension to 36 hours. So depending on differing factors, it can be 24 hours or it can be 36 hours before Police need to apply to a Magistrate for a custody clock extension UP TO a maximum of 96 hours, IF and ONLY IF, the extra time granted is absolutely needed to secure evidence by questioning and can be justified.

I hope that helps and I’m not being rude where I have resorted to capital letters, it’s just to hilight the importance of the wording.
To be honest, it’s all a minefiekd but as long as it’s justifiable then it’s a green light. Kind regards x

I think the 'no fixed abode' claim may be an attempt to deny that he was living with SB. May be connected with benefits, maybe not. He has certainly appeared in the electoral roll at the same address.

I thought this about the benefits, a little bit odd to be charged with the murder of children and you're thinking it'sa priority not to get shopped to the benefits people!
I suppose it could also be an attempt to downplay their relationship for other reasons.

It would seem that this "incident" has never been heard of since Cain and Abel. Even the ukmail (which doesn't hold back on anything) doesn't even allow comments on this particular crime. I've NEVER seen that on any of their articles, ever. It's as if this particular crime is strictly "taboo." I don't understand the secrecy or the reason for it. I must be missing something, but I don't understand. They released the names, ages, address and photos, but COD, ?????

Regards cause of death, they quoted operational reasons so I am merely thinking out loud and wondering if they were pumped full of drugs to silence them before being physically attacked ?? And possibly it’s the drugs that are a cause of death and there are still police procedures to undertake to secure further evidence of the supply chain etc
I may be totally wrong and off kilter here and I am just kicking thoughts around in my head . It’s also been given a media blackout because of subjudice laws in the UK I presume
All MOO

Can I ask what is meant when they say 'operational reasons'? I tried to look it up but without much luck.
Operational reasons generally mean that if they were to give you more information, it could jeopardise any forthcoming operations that may be conducted in relation to the case OR it could be because if they revealed the cause of death, public reaction and revulsion as such, could mean hundreds of people like a baying mob will be on the streets for retribution, and they don’t have the police staff numbers to be able to police it effectively and safely. Remember back to James BULGER and when the accused were transported to Court and ultimately a detention facility, the baying mob almost toppled the prison vans in anger so maybe that’s why???

Operational reasons generally mean that if they were to give you more information, it could jeopardise any forthcoming operations that may be conducted in relation to the case OR it could be because if they revealed the cause of death, public reaction and revulsion as such, could mean hundreds of people like a baying mob will be on the streets for retribution, and they don’t have the police staff numbers to be able to police it effectively and safely. Remember back to James BULGER and when the accused were transported to Court and ultimately a detention facility, the baying mob almost toppled the prison vans in anger so maybe that’s why???

I see. Thank you for that!

Review to be held into boys' deaths

"She (Councillor Jackie Drayton) said the review would be formally commissioned by the Safeguarding Children Board, which is due to meet next on 13 June. 'All partners in the city will be coming together to understand, review and reflect on exactly what happened and why,' she said. The review's findings will be made public once it has concluded, she added."
Hopefully we'll find out more in a couple weeks I guess

Review to be held into boys' deaths

"She (Councillor Jackie Drayton) said the review would be formally commissioned by the Safeguarding Children Board, which is due to meet next on 13 June. 'All partners in the city will be coming together to understand, review and reflect on exactly what happened and why,' she said. The review's findings will be made public once it has concluded, she added."
Hopefully we'll find out more in a couple weeks I guess

Im not sure you have taken that quite in context. The board meet 13th June, from that meeting a review will be commissioned. These SCRs generally take up to 2 years from what i have seen and the final report isnt usually released until after the conclusion of any criminal proceedings.

I very much doubt the public will know any more details about the incedent until after the trial. SCRs are about looking at background information on the family and any interaction with services, any failings identified within those services and lessons to be learned going forward.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back