OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Status
Not open for further replies.
CC, I believe you are mistaken about the former wife of GW3 being part of the
Wagner investigation. She deserves privacy, yes; however there was an investigation
by the courts and LE and made public.

If the former wife is not part of the investigation, she is not sleuthable here. It does not matter that court documents or any other documents are publicly available.

If we take this one step further what would compel AW? If we look at how the W's live...living together as a unit long after grown men should have their own homes...moving as a unit all the way to Alaska and back...killing as a unit. It's still my humble opinion the W's have a twisted view of what family is. When one of the family members was threatened they all moved together. I think AW was as invested 110%. It's funny but if there is a weak link I think it's JW. There is something about him that screams mommy's boy.

I’ve been trying to imagine which one of the 4 Wagners first suggested killing all the Rhodens. I’ve gone over every scenario trying to figure out who came up with the idea and then how that person talked the other 3 into going along with it. For some reason I can’t envision BW or GW4 saying it first... but that’s JMO today and it could change.

I’m one who does believe she was there, based on a few things-her charges for aggravated burglary, the discovery, and a few other things............... "

I'm singling out this paragraph:
Thank the Heavens three year old B seemed to have remained asleep (or even maybe pretended to remain asleep, idk ) and didn’t see them (or if he did, they didn’t know he saw them) because I have no doubts that if the accused believed that, that child saw, heard, or could identify any of them that night, he would’ve been the 9th victim. All JMHO.

Brently's interview is listed in Angela's Discovery: Brently NCH CAC (1 video)

It is possible, because this is listed, that Brently did see or hear something that night but the Wagner's didn't know that until now. Now, with their attorneys, they can view the whole interview. According to CR, in an interview, Brently did go to NCH in Columbus.

Image: glassdoor.com
Nationwide Children's Hospital is a primary pediatric hospital in Columbus, Ohio, with more than 1,379 medical staff members and over 11,909 total employees. In recent years, the hospital has been ranked as one of America's Best Children's Hospitals by US News & World Report. It is also the pediatric teaching hospital for The Ohio State University College of Medicine.

WHAT IS A CHILD ADVOCACY CENTER?
CACs are child-focused facilities that help abused children heal by coordinating the investigation and treatment of child sexual abuse and providing children and families access to long-term advocacy and healthcare. To better understand what a CAC is, you must understand what children face without one.

'I picked up daddy's hand, and it just fell,' said 3-year-old after he found murdered father

By 5 p.m. Brentley was tired and hungry. He left for home with his mom when she got a call from the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation to take her son to Nationwide Children's hospital in Columbus, where he was interviewed.

"They let him draw it out,'' she said. "It kind of looked like scribbles. But the way he talked, he didn't really seem to see anything."

That was the last time authorities spoke with Brentley. Robinson gave a statement that night, and a couple weeks later police also took DNA from her — routine in such cases.

As the year has progressed though, Brentley has shared bits and pieces in a way only a pre-schooler can.

Robinson doesn't push. She doesn't ask questions.

She just lets him share as he is ready and able.

"For the longest time, he thought his dad turned into a zombie because he did see the blood,'' she said, adding the family watches AMC's series The Walking Dead, which is about zombies. "He said, 'I picked up Daddy's hand, and it just fell.' Then he went back to watching TV."

Last edited:

It is possible, because this is listed, that Brently did see or hear something that night but the Wagner's didn't know that until now. Now, with their attorneys, they can view the whole interview.

Nationwide Children's Hospital is a primary pediatric hospital in Columbus, Ohio, with more than 1,379 medical staff members and over 11,909 total employees. In recent years, the hospital has been ranked as one of America's Best Children's Hospitals by US News & World Report. It is also the pediatric teaching hospital for The Ohio State University College of Medicine.

CACs are child-focused facilities that help abused children heal by coordinating the investigation and treatment of child sexual abuse and providing children and families access to long-term advocacy and healthcare. To better understand what a CAC is, you must understand what children face without one.
Yep, I recall that in discovery.

It is possible, because this is listed, that Brently did see or hear something that night but the Wagner's didn't know that until now. Now, with their attorneys, they can view the whole interview. According to CR, in an interview, Brently did go to NCH in Columbus.

Is a CAC exclusively for sexually abused children or does it also treat children that have experienced or witnessed traumatic events?

Is a CAC exclusively for sexually abused children or does it also treat children that have experienced or witnessed traumatic events?

It's for any child going through a traumatic event. According to CR, Brently was going to counseling every 2 weeks. He was traumatized finding his dad and losing his dad. CAC's definitely help children and their families with this and other trauma.

WITHOUT CAC's
Without a CAC, a child may end up having to tell the worst experience of his or her life over and over again, to doctors, police, lawyers, therapists, investigators, judges, and others.

They may not get the help they need to heal once the investigation is over. At the CAC, the child tells what happened to them once to a trained professional

2 years since Pike County slayings, surviving child lives with fear. 'He's trapped by it'

Chelsea Robinson, Brentley's mom, says he is still scared.

"He will not leave for a room if I am not in it," she says. "The lights have to be on and I'm trying to get him back sleeping in his own bed."

"The fear has him. He's trapped behind it."
The little boy's mother is trying to dig him out.

The two of them stopped talking about what happened. The last nightmare Brentley had about the deaths was after their most recent chat about that night.

"Let someone else build that trust with him," Robinson says. He sees a professional every two weeks. She attends a support group.

"Everything was building up on us," she says. "Just getting it out there helps."

Robinson and Brentley lost a lot more than relatives. Robinson was best friends with Hanna Rhoden, and Dana Rhoden treated her like she was her own, she says.

"I was closer to them than I even was with my own family," Robinson says.

Last edited:
I’ve been trying to imagine which one of the 4 Wagners first suggested killing all the Rhodens. I’ve gone over every scenario trying to figure out who came up with the idea and then how that person talked the other 3 into going along with it. For some reason I can’t envision BW or GW4 saying it first... but that’s JMO today and it could change.
Jake. He probably said he wanted to kill Hannah. Than after the "alleged" fight Billy probably said "Let's just kill them all."

JMO

I’m one who does believe she was there, based on a few things-her charges for aggravated burglary, the discovery, and a few other things.

But to answer your question and this is JMO, the four Wagners didn’t care about the babies/children inside those homes. The child they cared about was conveniently in their care and with that, they made sure the one child they cared about from the Rhoden family was not in harms way that night.

There has to be a reason they moved Chris and/or Gary and I’m sure that will be disclosed at trial. Maybe someone known to stay on the property (not in the home) spooked them? I dont know. Maybe they moved Gary to the bedroom so if someone came to the door, that person wouldn’t see Gary through the window, laying there? Maybe by moving Gary, the mindset was he was in a bedroom and wouldn’t be seen through the window by the door hence the discovery of the victims would be delayed and buy the killers time to clean up and get back to “normal life” at home? There’s so many scenarios for that.

In the same respect, the accused clearly had no regard for human lives (besides their own and their own flesh and blood) . Why would they care if a baby suffocated? They didn’t give two flips about the safety or well being of those babies. If they did, they wouldn’t have fired 32 bullets into 8 members of those children’s family. Allegedly, of course. Thank the Heavens three year old B seemed to have remained asleep (or even maybe pretended to remain asleep, idk ) and didn’t see them (or if he did, they didn’t know he saw them) because I have no doubts that if the accused believed that, that child saw, heard, or could identify any of them that night, he would’ve been the 9th victim. All JMHO.
MittenSarpetta, do you think BJM stopped by Big Chris the night of the murders and spooked the killers and that is why the bodies of CR,S and GR where moved to the back bedroom?

Maybe those charges will be added on to whoever gets a guilty verdict. I have always wondered about this too. Anyone found guilty of the murders is guilty of child endangerment and more.

Most on here think Angela was there but if she was why didn't she move the babies into something safe like their crib or playpen or bassinet where they would at least be safe from suffocation. They moved Chris and/or Gary but why not take a baby out of bed and move it to a safer spot?
If guilty verdict = Death Penalty, additional charges are really a moot point. It would make the trials longer with nothing to be gained.

The Prosecution needs to keep these trials as succinct and clear cut as possible. Better to have a jury deliberate 22(23) clear cut charges that lead straight to the DP. Adding additional charges will just make the jury debate more information and have more to agree on. Keep it as simple as possible -the old the adage K. I. S. S.

Make this as easy as possible for the jury to agree on a guilty verdict. Don't muddy the waters with unnecessary additional counts.

Less is more.
MMO

Last edited:
If guilty verdict = Death Penalty, additional charges are really a moot point. It would make the trials longer with nothing to be gained.

The Prosecution needs to keep these trials as succinct and clear cut as possible. Better to have a jury deliberate 22(23) clear cut charges that lead straight to the DP. Adding additional charges will just make the jury debate more information and have more to agree on. Keep it as simple as possible -the old the adage K. I. S. S.

Make this as easy as possible for the jury to agree on a guilty verdict. Don't muddy the waters with unnecessary additional counts.

Less is more.
MMO

If less is more why did they tack on a 23rd count for Jake?

Unlawful Sexual Contact With A Minor

https:/count/23

MittenSarpetta, do you think BJM stopped by Big Chris the night of the murders and spooked the killers and that is why the bodies of CR,S and GR where moved to the back bedroom?

I believe Sr and GR were killed first in that order. Their bodies being moved had more to do with the movie than with slowing down the investigation. My reasoning - If we allude back to the discovery of the boondocks saints clip there is a very specific scene where a mass murderer goes through a home shooting everyone inside. Afterwards the shooter and his goon drag all the bodies to a room where they wait to be loaded in a dumpster.

I believe the killers set out exactly how it was done in the movie. Not the executions but the clean up, only this isnt hollywood and there most definitely was more blood, bone fragments, and brain matter than they anticipated so they made a split second decision not to drag any others from that point on. Moo

If less is more why did they tack on a 23rd count for Jake?

Unlawful Sexual Contact With A Minor

https:/count/23
Maybe it is one of the building blocks for making the case against him/them. Charging him with that possibly could open the conversation for a motive down the road. I don't know, just trying to figure things out. I don't say much, Y'all have things covered so well. MOO

Maybe it is one of the building blocks for making the case against him/them. Charging him with that possibly could open the conversation for a motive down the road. I don't know, just trying to figure things out. I don't say much, Y'all have things covered so well. MOO

You just brought up something very important. A lawyer can't just question a witness over anything. As you said, something has to "open the conversation".

Count 23 ties into other Counts, like the Forgery of Custody Documents, and it might tie into motives and need for having control of children etc...2 Cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa