Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are two different men I believe based on what LE have said. They said OBG is no longer a POI and NBG is the face and voice of the person caught in Libby's video/audio. This means we have a young looking person 18-40 with an authoritative voice, long chin, 5'6 - 5'10, 180lbs IIRC. But his looks will probably now have changed. Eg. Beard, shaved head, weight gain. MOO
Didn’t LE say that he could be a combination of both sketches?

Personally, I believe however he left the crime scene, he was not seen by anyone at the park. Maybe, the witness that saw something she felt needed to be reported saw him along his escape route doing something noteworthy? Wouldn't it be interesting to have the details of where she saw him and what she saw? :cool:
I wish, I would know!
In any case, she didn't see him with wet trousers, otherwise LE would have known, how very important her statement was. IMO

We talk a lot about crossing the creek but from my memory only, I believe that that shoreline area below the crime scene has a steep embankment. I'm looking to find pictures, I think my memory is coming from the helicopter footage.

But if it was as steep as my memory serves the girls were found some 50 feet up over the embankment into the woods. I don't know if they could have easily gotten up into those woods once crossing the creek. It may have taken all, girls and BG to be on hands and knees to get up there unless there were some trees to grab onto. If BGs pants were not wet because of crossing in a shallow area I would think at least the knees of his pants would have been dirty/muddy...

We've not heard of any witness describing a guy with wet or dirty pants. That would stick out to me. If I had seen someone with wet or dirty knees I would have laughed to myself that that person probably took a spill on the trail!

Anyone have pictures of the embankment area below the crime scene from the creek looking up?
AbbyLibbyBridgeFromAbove.jpg
AbbyLibbyBridgeFromAbove2.jpg
This is not, what you asked for, but perhaps it might help?

Yes but how many male HS pupils would she have added? Not many IMO. The age of the perp has come down to under 18 so he could be a HS pupil IMO. (age 18-40 but could be younger than he appears)

HS age would explain a lot things about the how: Impulsivity, agility, efficiency, athleticism, ability to get close enough to rush the girls without them calling 911, even getting possible initial compliance, day off on Monday, knowledge of the trail- apparently the infrequent ways in and out.

What motive though? Exceedingly creepy if HS. Secret life of violent thoughts. Family unaware.

If, as per Kelsie statement, there were between 10-20 other "kids" out on the trails when she dropped them off (and others), were they hoping to meet up with someone in that group or someone else? My only problem with that theory is, wouldn't LE have found the electronic communications confirming such a plan? It could have been much simpler than that. Kelsi telling her boyfriend she's on her way but is dropping the girls off at the trailhead first. Kelsi's bf telling his bud, no I can't come right now, Kelsi is coming over after she drops off Libby and Abby at the trails. Or, someone says, "Hey, Libby just posted a SC pic of Abby on on the bridge." I'm still in the camp that the killer somehow knew that Libby and Abby were going to be there and that the girls, or at least one of them, was targeted. I don't think they knew him, but he knew OF them. Just speculation, but this crime went down without a hitch, VERY quickly and no one heard or saw a thing. Except maybe the witness that "saw something" she felt needed to be reported later and may well not have taken place at the trailhead or park. Well, I guess not exactly without a hitch as he is on video and audio. And yes, that surprises me too, that that evidence exists and there is still no POI to focus on. Although, I believe some of us have our own personal POI/POIs? :)
JMT, JMO, MOO and all that Jazz!

Unless I’m not looking in the right place, the newer sketch was only attributed to “a person” who saw something, not specifically a female.

But now that you mention KG, who knows, maybe she noticed somebody hanging around the drop off spot whom she didn’t recognize. Knowing of that now-closed secondary access point to the high bridge trail from private land would be a good reason for LE to believe the murderer had local connections. The question would be though, why didn’t LE consider this a lucrative possibility from the onset.

Okay, I have a question. On the picture of BG on the bridge, is that one of those wooden side platforms that stick out (I don't know what they're called) that I see right behind him to left?

Attachments

• .JPG
    .JPG
    20 KB · Views: 34
  • Inkedbridge_LI.jpg
    Inkedbridge_LI.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
HS age would explain a lot things about the how: Impulsivity, agility, efficiency, athleticism, ability to get close enough to rush the girls without them calling 911, even getting possible initial compliance, day off on Monday, knowledge of the trail- apparently the infrequent ways in and out.

What motive though? Exceedingly creepy if HS. Secret life of violent thoughts. Family unaware.

My feeling is, slightly older than HS, not working and spending a lot of time online.

In that show that aired not long ago on Investigation Discovery channel called "Still a Mystery: Down the Hill, Abby's mother comments on listening to the girls talking at the end of the bridge. Abby was heard saying (paraphrasing) can't we keep going this way away from the bridge while Libby was saying but the trail ends here. So it seems to me they were very uneasy about BG approaching them and were not wanting him near them. It breaks the heart to think Abby's inner alarm was going off and they convinced themselves to just wait to recross the bridge instead of running through the woods away, making their own path.

Down the Hill | Still A Mystery

Your theory makes sense. As we know the portion of the audio played for the families only included “mention of the man”, by the comments of Abby’s mom, I also think at some point they left the bridge to allow him to cross and pass by in an attempt to avoid him.

A possible scenario - Abby and Libby didn’t intend to walk all the way to the SE end but they noticed this character starting out from the NW side while they were midway. As they were standing or even walking toward him, but not wanting to cross paths on the high bridge, they instead turned to walk the full span and left the bridge, found the path that ended. After waiting a while they noticed him on the bridge, heading back toward the public trail path so they started out behind him. But mid-stride he abruptly turned, once again facing them and started walking toward them. That would be enough to cause alarm by generating mild curiosity and confusion (why did he suddenly turn their way?) but perhaps the action wasn’t enough to create outright fear? JMO

Okay, I have a question. On the picture of BG on the bridge, is that one of those wooden side planks that stick out (I don't know what they're called) that I see right behind him to left?

GH refers to them as platforms. Yes according to his analysis of the tree branches and markings on the ties, a platform can be seen just to the right of the suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa