Looking for podcast recommendations

LF, I didn't find one in a quick web search (I know you tried that already) but you might check the "Dark Poutine" podcast's website, maybe even ping the guys who do that podcast. It's mostly Canadian stories, eh? And I like the podcast a lot, though everybody has different tastes.

BainScratch & Searchlight with John Lordan is a good watch and/or listen. He pulls up the pics/links/articles he's talking about.

The Vanished w/Marissa is quality. Her voice/tone/cadence is pleasant on the ears.

Unresolved with Michael is must listen. His delivery pairs well with the disturbed cases he profiles.

True Crime Chronicles podcast
By Vault Studios

I particularly like the most recent ep "The Icebox Murders"

I like crime junky and morbid but morbid does banter and joke (respectfully, mainly just insulting the killer, so fine in my book) but if that's not your thing, try crime junky!

The Clearing is very good. I mistakenly thought it was about John Camerons claims and wasn't going to bother before my girlfriend told me it's debunking those and trying to figure out if he actually did do anything else.

Nowhere Child is also pretty good so far, it's very down to earth and serious, gives the horrible disappearance the proper gravity it deserves. Harder to binge than more fun and/or sensationalized ones but it's probably better for it. Like Casefile vs My Favourite Muder.

Two more Podcasts I have been following: Reporter Murder in the Graveyard ( a UK miscarriage of justice in Bakewell)and Monsters Who Murder Serial Killer Confessions. Both well done and very informative. Cheers.

Swindled is an excellent podcast. It isn’t true crime in the strictest form but so interesting He covers subjects such as Jim Baker, Sylvia Brown (“psychic”) and MLM/Herbalife). Highly recommend!

ETA- In the Darkness season 2 is about Curtis Flowers...great podcast and Small Town Dicks also.

Swindled is an excellent podcast. It isn’t true crime in the strictest form but so interesting He covers subjects such as Jim Baker, Sylvia Brown (“psychic”) and MLM/Herbalife). Highly recommend!

ETA- In the Darkness season 2 is about Curtis Flowers...great podcast and Small Town Dicks also.

I am enjoying Swindled. I like the calm, deep voice of the narrator. Have you listed to Pretend? Its a bit similar to Swindled ... also a really great narrator and interesting stories.

I am enjoying Swindled. I like the calm, deep voice of the narrator. Have you listed to Pretend? Its a bit similar to Swindled ... also a really great narrator and interesting stories.

No I haven’t listened to Pretend but thanks so much for the recommendation. I’m always looking for new ones.

The Vanished podcast with Marissa Jones.

I listen to several podcasts but always look forward to this one. The host is also very active on her FB discussion group and answers questions about the cases she covers.
I could not agree more. The Vanished is well crafted and Marissa Jones delivery of the shows content is brilliant. This is my go to on long drives.

For those who like the Vanished, you might want to check out Unfound. It has become one of my favorites. Its has a very consistent format - introduce a missing person's case and then a long, unedited interview with a family member of the missing person. Some of the episodes end up being more than two hours.

In my personal opinion, the host of the show is very committed to the families he interviews. From his very first episode, he put the focus on the family of the missing and letting them tell the story (rather than telling their story himself).

The very first time I listened to an episode of Unfound, I thought the host sounded a bit like a used-car salesman or something. I wasn't sure I would be able to keep listening. But I stuck around and listened to a few episodes, and that is when I came to realize that the host has a ton of empathy for these families, and he doesn't try to put himself into the story. He does promote the heck out of his show via social media, but he does not put his ego into the stories of the missing.

I didn't expect myself to become such a fan of the show, but I really enjoy the long interviews which go into so much detail and allow the family members to tell their story. I also appreciate the host's interviewing style - he is very respectful and empathic towards his guests.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back