Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #19 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best guess is that it’s another brief one to schedule his next court appearance, which, hopefully, might be the preliminary hearing. (His lawyers might always agree to waive the preliminary hearing, too.)

This link says July 29th at 2:00 pm, which doesn’t sound to me as if it’s anything substantive.

Man charged with MacKenzie Lueck's murder attends first court hearing
Have to love the justice system. Have a "brief court appearance to schedule the next one".

Have to love the justice system. Have a "brief court appearance to schedule the next one".
The defense and prosecution also discuss if a resolution can be met in the case. If no resolution the next step is arraignment and this date will be set in this conference. So there's a little bit more taking place at this meeting. And also the way I understand it there can be several of these conferences held.

What is the criminal court process in Utah? | Intermountain Legal

Not sure if this is the official cause of death but it’s whats being reported.....

Prosecutors say Ajayi killed 23-year-old Mackenzie Lueck, who died from blunt force trauma to the head. Police say her body was found with her arms bound behind her in a canyon 85 miles from Ajayi’s home.

Man charged in Mackenzie Lueck's death appears in court

ETA: Mackenzie Lueck was killed by blunt force trauma to her head, being hit with such force that she died from internal bleeding, according to charging documents.

Suspect assaulted Utah student Mackenzie Lueck, then burned her body, charges say

Thank you. I need to go listen again because the more I think about it the more I seem to remember that they did not want to discuss a motive for the killing due to the family’s privacy. Not the means. I’ll go watch it again.

I'm going to put all of the posts from the person coming forward and telling us her story about AA together so it is more coherent. I should have done this in the first place. I'll do my best to get it done today. For now, here is the post that explains what happened to this person. Remember, you can post your questions here and she will do her best to answer them.
If I read anyone even so much as whispering an ounce of blame on this woman there will be no warnings. You will be banned.
I've spoken at great length to this very gracious lady and she is sincere. I believe her. If you don't then please scroll by.

Below are the answers to some of your questions. Remember, this person came forward after reading at Websleuths. She wants you all to know her story and how she became one of AA's victims.

Thank you for your warm welcome. In the next few days, I am going to try to answer any questions that were posted before this and then I will be taking a step back. A lot of the information I found here has greatly helped me through this grieving process. I wanted to understand...well, everything. Of course, I found more questions. I have finally gotten to a point, at least for now, where it is not constantly in my thoughts, and I am going to continue to try to move on with my life. I want to thank all of you who have said such kind and supportive things. They have touched me and they did not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

Q-Do the authorities know about the assault?

All the appropriate authorities are currently aware

Q- Am I the woman who filed the 2014 police report or a different woman?

Reading between the lines to see "did he sexually assault more than one woman?", I will simply say that women did come forward after his arrest. Unless it is needed for prosecution, I think it will remain unconfirmed and quiet, as it should. No more women need their lives ruined.

Q- How did we meet?

We worked in the same building and at some point ran across each others' online profiles. I don't even remember if it was an app or a website. I vaguely remember him asking if I had profile wherever it was he saw me. I remember being surprised that he was the man from his profile. At work, he was always smiling. He wore glasses and a nice button-down shirt. He looked sharp and seemed very intelligent. Online, he had mostly modeling photos. He was shirtless in some. He wasn't wearing his glasses or smiling. A couple of the online pictures kind of creeped me out. But I don't look great in all my pictures, and we seemed to get along well so I ignored it.

Q- How well did I know him?

He was just a coworker. He wanted to get to know me better, and I thought he seemed interesting. We had a few conversations at work. I am assuming we had some text conversations, but I don't remember.

Q- What happened?

I don't remember anything about earlier that day. Realize, I thought it was a normal day. I had not ever met with him outside of work. I do know that I drove to the address he sent me, which was a townhome. When I walked in, there was another girl there that he introduced as his apartment mate. She went into the kitchen/living room area and he asked if
I wanted to go to upstairs. Upstairs was his bedroom.

I would like to stop to say that afterward I blamed myself so hard - starting at the moment I walked upstairs. That said, just because a woman walks into a man's room, that does not give him the authority to do whatever he wants to her. It may be a sign that a woman is possibly interested in being romanced, but it is not consent. I
am not going to go into detail, but I will say that once I was alone with him, he got a dangerous look in his eyes that was not there in public. It wasn't just lust, it was...obssession, like he was driven by one singular purpose. It was the look of a predator. He didn't hurt me (physically) or threaten to hurt me. He just took what he wanted. Afterwards, the look was just....gone. He wanted me to stay. That still confuses me.

I did agonize over whether I should take some action. I worried that if I did nothing and he assaulted another woman, I would be responsible, but at the same time, I thought it was my fault it happened - for entering the room, for drinking, etc. I thought that if I hadn't made so many mistakes, he wouldn't have done it. And even if I had been thinking straight enough to hold him accountable, I don't know that it would have changed anything. Even if I pursued action, it was my word against his. I didn't have proof; he had a roommate who saw me walk upstairs of my own free will and leave without making a scene.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have done something even if there was no chance of him being put away. My first thought when I found out about Mackenzie was - it's my fault she is dead. My knees buckled in the parking lot. Though I have since tried to embrace a mindset of placing the blame where it belongs - on him - I still struggle with that thought that I could have possibly prevented him from hurting anyone else.

Q- Do you believe he murdered Mackenzie?

Yes. Based on the evidence I have heard and my experience with him, I believe he committed murder and I know he committed sexual assault. I am just waiting for prosecutors to prove it.

Q-
"I'd like to know what his level of expertise was in the IT field. There's been a lot of discussion about that because it seems he was so careless with his digital footprint.
Thanks for sharing your first hand knowledge of AA. Welcome.."

This answer is purely my opinion because I did not work in the same department. It was a call-center-type environment for a payday/installment loan company. It seemed to me that he tried to make his position seem very technical, but his job was just the chat (as opposed to telephone) version of customer service. The most technical aspect of his job involved helping customers log into and navigate the website (for instance, resetting passwords), which required no technical background. Looking back, I can see that many of
the things he was proud of were largely over-exaggerated. I think that even if he did happen to have some networking skills beyond those of most people, I doubt it was anything extraordinary. That said, he did have to be able to type fairly quickly for that position, so it's possible he had more of a background with computers than I knew. To me, he seemed more concerned with a modeling career than a technical one.
Also, I would like to note that the linked resume does not list the company he worked for then. It says Comcast. It's possible he had more than one job. But I doubt it.

Q- "Was he quiet or a more prominent personality?"

He was soft-spoken when it came to personal, one-on-one conversation, but louder and more outgoing when it came to work-related and/or group attention. I remember him explaining things to people and, once in particular, making a small groups of coworkers laugh fairly hard.

Comment "There seems to be a bit of a disconnect between how he appeared online more confident and how people describe him in person (shy and nice.) "

There was a complete disconnect between his online profile/private life and who he appeared to be in person/public.

Q- "Would he be someone you would ever describe as being slightly awkward at times?"

I feel like there are different types of awkward. The two I am thinking of are the weird type of awkward that makes you embarrassed for the person versus the sweet awkward that might seem endearing - say fumbling with something because your presence is making them a little nervous. I would say he could come off as the latter.

Q- "What kind of relationship did you see him have with others, and did you ever see him get upset or angry? "

I never saw him get very upset or angry. I saw a glimpse of his temper just before he assaulted me, but I didn't fight back, so I don't think I can give much insight into what he was like when he was angry.
###

Tricia here. There is more to her story. I hope to have another update for you a bit later on
Sorry can you clarify something? This individual did file a report but did not pursue charges ? Right? Please tell her that I you for sharing. I do hope she can find peace with all of this.

Dear Survivor,

First, thank you for sharing this story and shedding so much light on the personality of AA. Describing how he’d come across, and how his eyes would change during the attack.

Second, the attack was AA’s fault alone, and no one else’s. Many bedrooms in small houses/apartments double up as “living quarters”, and a normal man would never attack a woman entering such space. AA obviously viewed his bedroom as his “lair”, but who could know it? As you have said, he came across as a nice person at work, but IRL, he was a true predator.

I have a question. Too often people comment on ML trusting AA. It seems to me from your story that he initially demonstrated some traits/behavior patterns that were endearing and fostering trust. What were they? His slight awkwardness? His quietness? Or was it something that he’d say that would make a person instantly trust him?

Serial predators tend to lull their future victims into a sense of false security. However, each one has own ruses. I wonder what tricks and approaches AA would use.

Thank you.

So does anyone know what we can expect from the court appearance on Monday? I am concerned that we haven’t heard any chatter lately. I am hoping this case isn’t losing any momentum that it’s gained so far. I still think of Mackenzie every single day. And I want to see justice served.

So does anyone know what we can expect from the court appearance on Monday? I am concerned that we haven’t heard any chatter lately. I am hoping this case isn’t losing any momentum that it’s gained so far. I still think of Mackenzie every single day. And I want to see justice served.

The court appearance on Monday is to set the date for another court appearance. I’m hoping that the new date will be for the preliminary hearing, but I don’t know that.

MOO

PS I know all this sounds insane, but the prosecution is still collecting more evidence, and the defense is trying to get up to speed. MOO again.

The court appearance on Monday is to set the date for another court appearance. I’m hoping that the new date will be for the preliminary hearing, but I don’t know that.

MOO

PS I know all this sounds insane, but the prosecution is still collecting more evidence, and the defense is trying to get up to speed. MOO again.

Thanks Wary. And I’m sure they have so much more than we even know about. I mean I hope it is so rock solid that AA can’t blink an eye.

And so back to Monday...will they present any additional evidence? Or is it just a simple ok next court date is XYZ?

Thanks Wary. And I’m sure they have so much more than we even know about. I mean I hope it is so rock solid that AA can’t blink an eye.

And so back to Monday...will they present any additional evidence? Or is it just a simple ok next court date is XYZ?

I agree! And I suspect that it IS that rock solid.

I doubt that they will present additional evidence on Monday. I don’t think they need to. I think the next ‘interesting’ court date will be the preliminary hearing. But—I’m still very curious about what Monday will bring.

Dear survivor,

I just wanted to echo the sentiments of so many others here and say:

Thank you so much for bravely sharing your story with us.

What happened to you, is not your fault. What happened to Kenzie, is NOT YOUR FAULT.

Feelings of guilt, shame and self-blame are completely normal after surviving an assault like this - I’m sure that any other rape survivors reading here (myself included) will identify with that.

But you must fight those feelings, because you have nothing to feel guilty or ashamed of, or to blame yourself for.

You could never have expected what would have happened when you walked up those stairs. Other rationale aside (you were just hanging out, he had a roommate, he seemed normal, etc) - entering a man’s bedroom does not automatically give or imply consent. It does not entitle him to your body.

The only person responsibilities for AA’s actions are AA.

I hope that you can find some peace and healing through this process and my thoughts are with you x

Monday, July 29th:
*Scheduling conference Hearing (@ 2pm MT) - UT - Mackenzie Lueck (23) (June 17, 2019, Salt Lake City, reported missing June 20, 210, found June 26, 2019 charred female human tissue & bone, part of her scalp with hair, burned cell phone & personal belongings (clothing burned & buried in Hi LSC backyard, body found July 3, 2019 in Logan Canyon (about 85 miles north SLC). - *Ayoola Adisa Ajayi aka Joy & AJ (31) arrested & charged (6/28/19) & formally charged (7/10/19) with criminal homicide 1st degree felony aggravated murder, 1st degree aggravated kidnapping, 2nd degree desecration of a body & 3rd degree obstruction of justice. Held without bond.
6/20/19 Update: Preliminary hearing was set for 7/1. DA needs more time, charges won't be filed Monday, 7/1.
7/2/19 Update: Prosecutors said Tuesday they had been granted an extension on filing formal charges until next week (7/10) as they investigate what was on her wiped phone.
7/3/19 Update: Mackenzies body was found in Logan Canyon about 85 miles north of Salt Lake city.
7/10/19: Ajayi formally charged with aggravated murder, aggravated kidnapping, desecration of a human body & obstruction of justice. Detectives discovered freshly-dug site behind Ajayis house, where they discovered burnt cell phone, human bone,part of a scalp & hair. DNA testing returned profile consistent with Mackenzies DNA profile. Initial appearance hearing on new charges on 7/15. And a conference hearing set for 7/29.

7/15/19 Update\: Appeared by video feed from SLC jail. Has public defender. No plea entered. Next scheduling hearing on 7/29.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member