Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the roof in the burnt up shot that I don't understand. Would a vehicle fire cause that dent somehow?
I was wondering that too...or, as the camper part burned and collapsed, could it dent the roof?

I have no idea who took those photos of the burned truck or when. Was it after RCMP forensic crews pulled everything loose off and set them on those tarps for examination?

I was wondering that too...or, as the camper part burned and collapsed, could it dent the roof?

I have no idea who took those photos of the burned truck or when. Was it after RCMP forensic crews pulled everything loose off and set them on those tarps for examination?

I suppose the camper could, but would it hit the middle like that?

That too. Where Did that photo actually come from?

That is sad to hear this news but being realistic about it I think if I was commander of the search I would probably do the same thing once I exhausted all avenues for trying to find them near Gillam or York Landing.

Especially in this area because it is too vast and too wooded to be able to do much more.

One tactic I would do and I am hoping they are secretly doing it is to have a small rapid response force of a few people that would stay behind and be ready to act if another local tip surfaces. Maybe keep them nearby for at least a week just in case the two are holed up and waiting for the heat to die down.

I think they'll probably keep a few people in Gillam but I'm not so sure about York Landing because they'll stand out like sore thumbs there. When we saw them in the store, they looked like they'd just stepped out of a house. They were clean, well-groomed and certainly didn't look like they had been hunkering down in anything other than a house, or possibly a car. My best guess is they're staying in cabins and eating whatever they can find there.

I've been following this thread (best resource on the web IMHO!) for several days, after finding it in a search for info on this case. I've been to the Canadian far north (BC side) so this case caught my attention. Some things about it, though, make no sense to me, and bothered me enough to register here in order to post.

What's puzzling me, firstly, is the burned truck (the one found near the deceased professor) shown in one picture unburned with a camper shell. It looks, to me, as if it's been rolled, given the combination of convex deformation of the roof, bending of the right rear cab cornerpost, and the down angle between the bed and the cab. I also found it perplexing that I couldn't see any sign of the camper shell.

Another thing puzzling me, one I've yet to see mentioned here or elsewhere, is an aspect of the split lake checkpoint incident; reportedly, the tribal officers who pulled over the two suspects were unarmed. The suspects, reportedly (based on a statement by one of the officers) pulled over, and "looked scared", when dealing with these two reportedly-unarmed tribal officers. This response seems a bit at odds with the cold-blooded unflappable killers the press seems to portray the suspects as. I'm not in any way implying innocence here (my current hunch is that they are guilty) just wondering if this means anything.

I also wonder about the location of the burned RAV4. Seems a bit coincidental to me that it's very close to the only rail line in the region. I know the southbound passenger train runs through in Tuesdays and the RAv4 was found on a Monday, but, I'm wondering about freight trains. So far, I've found that there's a freight service from Thompson to Churchill and back run by Gardewine, arriving in Churchill on Tuesdays back when the rail line reopened last year (it was shut for 9 months due to flood damage), but I haven't found the current schedule, or if it's the only one. I'm wondering if the suspects could have hopped aboard; freight trains tend to go quite slow on curves, and there are some in the area (including just before the southbound crosses the Nelson). Also, on the train issue, there is a southbound passenger train on Tuesdays, goes through the Amery point (near where the Rav4 was reportedly found) around 4:00 am Wednesday. From what I've seen of news items on the reopening of the rail line, there were many places where the train was limited to about 10kph due to poor track conditions. That'd make jumping in fairly easy (it's roughly jogging speed).

In closing, I'll add that I share the misgivings of some posters here regarding RCMP's listing of the couple killed in the van as "suspicious" for several days. Their explanation for this was that they needed to ID the victims and contact next of kin. The problem I have with that is it's not relevant; naming them is not the issue; warning the public that they were murdered is, and they'd already posted that the occupants (though unnamed) of the blue van were dead. Perhaps there is a good explanation for this, though I cannot fathom it at the moment.

Welcome to WS. Great first post and hope you want to stick around and partiicipate in this and many other cases of your interest.

I think I may be able to help with the part about the overturned burned out vehicle. There was discussion yesterday on that and some of us felt that the tow truck may have rolled the vehicle as they winched it back toward the road. It may have been a two fold winching too where they first may have wanted to get it away from the trees to prevent a forest fire and maybe it rolled by accident on them as they were towing it. Or maybe they did it on purpose to be able slide it along on its roof to prevent snags on things.

If a tow truck had it upside down for a bit with a winch line then that could explain the dented roof as well. Or like in an episode from Mythbusters I once watched maybe as the firemen doused it with cold water the roof metal may have imploded a bit from rapid cooling of the metal.

Anyway just some thoughts on why one of them was upside down in some photos.

Last edited:
The old saying "a watched pot never boils" may be appropos for this case. The hunt for these two teens has become a fascination and has dominated my free time...and I have even found myself on WS at work, which i rarely do. It might be time to get away from it for a bit, and if we're not so intently hoping something will happen, the hunt will come to an end.

The RCMP likely won't let this go...but they have other crimes to investigate. There's still another killer roaming loose in Canada (the one from Texas); I'm not totally unconvinced he isn't involved in this thing somehow. But the RCMP and other LE agencies can only do so much with the limited resources they have. Everyone is on high alert now and looking for BS and KM. Eventually, they will be spotted again.

I don’t think the camper was in the truck at the time of the fire. I think they had removed it from bed of the truck for some reason... reason I say this is the camper was fibreglass the bed of that truck and roof are extremely clean. If there was a fire that would have left all kinds of melted Fibreglass in the back of the truck down sides of truck etc.

If a tow truck had it upside for a bit with a winch line then that could explain the dented roof as well. Or like in an episode from Mythbusters I once watched maybe as the firemen doused it with cold water the roof metal may have imploded a bit from rapid cooling of the metal.

Thanks for this!
Hadn't thought about either of those things and clearly missed some of the discussion in the thread. I did show up to the party a bit late.

Good morning everyone!

I don't recall seeing this posted...

Leroy Constant
14 hrs ·
Chief Leroy Constant - Update as of 5:13pm CST

Emergency Response Team have conducted an extensive ground search in York Landing & surrounding areas and have not located the suspects with assistance from Canine Units, Helicopters, Hercules Aircraft, Drones, & RCMP Boat Patrol.

Emergency Response Team will head back to Gillam and develop a plan moving forward. Major Crime Unit has also left the community.

10 officers will remain in York Landing overnight. This will include 5 Containment Officers/ 5 General Duty members out of the Thompson Detachment. They will be departing on the 8am ferry.

Bear Clan also remains in the community.

RCMP have notified us to remain vigilant and to report any information or tips you may have directly to the authorities.

Chief & Council

https://www.facebook.com/leroy.constant

I agree, there was no camper on that truck- it is not melted into the bin of the truck.
either, they removed it prior to driving up north or it was sold by the owner.
We dont know whose truck it was- was it a family member's or is the picture just a picture of it off of kijiji.
did the boys buy it or did they get it from -friend- familyetc.
But, the camper top was not on that truck when it burned

I don’t think the camper was in the truck at the time of the fire. I think they had removed it from bed of the truck for some reason... reason I say this is the camper was fibreglass the bed of that truck and roof are extremely clean. If there was a fire that would have left all kinds of melted Fibreglass in the back of the truck down sides of truck etc.

It looked like that but there are photos of a tarp the cops laid out nearby with various things from the camper laid out on it. I can't remember exactly what but things like a sink etc... this is when we spotted a tower PC that was burned as well. Its made out of fibreglass and would virtually burn to a crisp so not a lot would be left.

I agree, there was no camper on that truck- it is not melted into the bin of the truck.
either, they removed it prior to driving up north or it was sold by the owner.
We dont know whose truck it was- was it a family member's or is the picture just a picture of it off of kijiji.
did the boys buy it or did they get it from -friend- familyetc.
But, the camper top was not on that truck when it burned
I don't believe fibreglass melts, it just burns. Its not plastic.

I don't believe fibreglass melts, it just burns. Its not plastic.

You’re correct it doesn’t have a melting point however it does get to a point where it’s structural integrity is compromised and it would collapse so to speak. I think it was burnt in the fire because there’s lots of evidence it was there laying on the tarp. I’m just not convinced it was in the back of the truck at the time.

Also does no one else find it a tad nutty that kam’s Mother hasn’t pleaded for her boy to come home?
Yeah, I thought she might go on camera and ask them to give themselves in, but after she saw the BS going on with Bryers dad, maybe not. Instead of Bryers dad using the media to ask him to come home and give up, he ranted about him going out in a blaze of glory and then tried to sell his book! I also thought RCMP may have left a message telling them that they can surrender and have the chance to explain what really happened with Mr. D and to be questioned about the other 2. If they are still out of contact, no use, but if they are in face elsewhere, may be helpful. I think they are walking south west and hiding from cars.

I think the timeline was that it took the RCMP 5 days from when the bodies were found to classify the 2 deaths as being from 'gun violence'.

The ID process of the 2 victims took 3 days.

So, start the finish almost a week to let the public know that 'gun violence' had been responsible for 2 deaths on the Alaska Hwy.

And LE always talk about how the first 48 hours are ctitical.

Hi I’m new here and have been following this case with interest since day one. Can anyone explain to me why BS and KM would have set fire to and abandoned their camper in the first place? If they had any involvement in the double murder couldn’t they just have driven away unnoticed? Drawing attention to their camper seems to have then somehow linked them to the murders.

Hi I’m new here and have been following this case with interest since day one. Can anyone explain to me why BS and KM would have set fire to and abandoned their camper in the first place? If they had any involvement in the double murder couldn’t they just have driven away unnoticed? Drawing attention to their camper seems to have then somehow linked them to the murders.
Yes, absolutely none of what the RCMP seem to believe happened seems to make any sense at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member