CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how it's supposed to work here on Websleuths when there is no named POI or suspect by LE.

Scenarios that involve unknown persons should be part of the discussion if a member wants to. JMO

I am not sure if that is how it works.
I have read he is considered a victim by Websleuths TOS, yet being called a liar and suggested to be involved in his wife's disappearance page after page.

I have noticed that the majority of the scenarios here suggest a lying RT an involved RT, Barbara was never there scenarios, and/or red flags about nearly everything RT has said (kidnapped, carrying a beer, love of his live etc) and RT and BT have done (dog, kennel, hiking prior to China trip, beer, bikini, writing/keeping love notes), and assumptions about RT (did not want her to go to China etc).

It may be common to let your mind go over the person who saw her last, even more if his words are the only thing you can work with, but why not thinking up scenarios in which one goes by the presumption he is telling the truth, and see where that thought leads to?

He may after all just be telling the truth about everything, at least I believe so.

Why not take it up for this man who's wife disappeared, rather then casting doubt on his every word and move? Just wondering.

Respectfully, this has happened. Mountain lions, mine shafts, rock crevices, searchers missing her, voluntary disappearance, possible random abductor or ransom scenarios, not too much about a possible abducting stalker, but a little about that anyway. Threads and threads of it. But some come back to the little pieces that, when put together, lead them to an unflattering conclusion. And statistics bear them out.

Cops dismiss husband's claim that his bikini-clad wife who went missing during their hike was abducted

This above is why so many are probably thinking RT holds the key info to this situation.

sbm { "We don't think she was abducted. It's a very remote area. There's no evidence to suggest she was abducted," San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Jodi Miller told Daily Mail.}
As far as I know, the DM is still allowed here.
California police say missing hiker who vanished 'in her bikini' was NOT abducted | Daily Mail Online
{Police say the area where Barbara vanished is too remote for her to have been kidnapped}
pixs from DM
16358584-7273817-image-a-8_1563825819779.jpg

16358582-7273817-image-m-12_1563825857066.jpg

16358580-7273817-Police_say_the_area_where_Barbara_vanished_is_too_remote_for_her-a-1_1563827089044.jpg

Chi

Last edited:
Snipped by me

To him she was.

He was in love with his wife, to him she was the most beautiful thing on earth.
Don't make that into something ugly.

Not saying this happened here. But this mindset in a controlling person actually can easily turn ugly. People harm people they find beautiful all the time.

Snipped by me

To him she was.

I really appreciate your thoughts.
Just asking, how do we know, or how could we even begin to prove he was still in love with his wife?
No need to reply if you don't want to.
I wish every marriage was a loving one.
Chi

I have noticed that the majority of the scenarios here suggest a lying RT an involved RT, Barbara was never there scenarios, and/or red flags about nearly everything RT has said (kidnapped, carrying a beer, love of his life etc) and RT and BT have done (dog, kennel, hiking prior to China trip, beer, bikini, writing/keeping love notes), and assumptions about RT (did not want her to go to China etc).

It may be common to let your mind go over the person who saw her last, even more if his words are the only thing you can work with, but why not thinking up scenarios in which one goes by the presumption he is telling the truth, and see where that thought leads to?

He may after all just be telling the truth about everything, at least I believe so.

Why not take it up for this man who's wife disappeared, rather then casting doubt on his every word and move? Just wondering.
If you think he is telling the absolute truth, that is OK with me and you are as entitled to your opinion as anyone else on this thread. Actually, I am glad that we don't all draw the same conclusions. MOO

I am not sure if that is how it works.
I have read he is considered a victim by Websleuths TOS, yet being called a liar and suggested to be involved in his wife's disappearance page after page.
I agree. I'm not sure why some people are posting as fact that RT is lying.

I haven't seen any proof of that yet.

Is he lying?

That's a possibility but just because you don't like his story or your "nose" tells you something that doesn't make it a fact. JMO

I'm not relying on RT having any answers. I'm not sure what happened, but I hope LE is working hard on this case and Barbara is found soon. If RT has something to do with her disappearance than any sympathy I have for him will 100% go down the drain.

Snipped by me

To him she was.

I am less & less on the fence...even so, I understand what you're saying

You are upset. But this is a website entitled : 'Websleuths'.

No one here is taking anything with other than a big darn chunk of salt....

We all here could post case after case of a man 'loving' the woman he killed in cold blood....

We don't know what's happened...that's why we are here

<modsnip - bickering>

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Is he lying?

That's a possibility but just because you don't like his story or your "nose" tells you something that doesn't make it a fact. JMO
That's why we put MOO (and/or IMHO and JMHO) after our posts. MOO IMHO JMHO

Is he lying?

We have thread after thread on WS that support your post.

Respectfully, this has happened. Mountain lions, mine shafts, rock crevices, searchers missing her, voluntary disappearance, possible random abductor or ransom scenarios, not too much about a possible abducting stalker, but a little about that anyway. Threads and threads of it. But some come back to the little pieces that, when put together, lead them to an unflattering conclusion. And statistics bear them out.
Should we contact a Mod and ask that even though RT is not a named POI he should be treated that way on this thread?

I believe Hidden Hill Rd is an unpaved road. Does anyone know if one can haul a 5th wheel camper on a road like that? I'm thinking it would not be a good idea.

Well, I can tell you that we would never have taken our fifth wheel on unpaved Hidden Hills Rd for any distance. Not that we couldn’t, but why subject a nice RV to that, let alone our bodies bouncing along in the truck, when there is a paved road between point A and point B. There are some paved highways that are rough, but at least we weren’t getting covered in dust. I can recall taking a dirt road in the Alabama Hills near Mt Whitney on the east side of the Sierras so that we could camp in a beautiful spot, but it was a short distance and we drove very slowly.

We certainly seem to be polarized on our POV on this case. I’m still Mary in the middle; I need to hear more from LE.

I do, however, appreciate the compassionate approach many are taking. I too tend to believe in the positive, unless facts force me to do otherwise.

Is he lying?

No one is stating as a fact, that he is lying.

I am merely stating that I absolutely believe he is.

We certainly seem to be polarized on our POV on this case. I’m still Mary in the middle; I need to hear more from LE.

I do, however, appreciate the compassionate approach many are taking. I too tend to believe in the positive, unless facts force me to do otherwise.
That's the way I tend to go on most cases here.

I'm "Mr On The Fence" until things get solid. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members