Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEREMBAN (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - A search-and-rescue team looking for Irish girl Nora Anne Quoirin, who has been missing from a resort since Aug 4, found human remains near Mount Berembun in Pantai Hills near Seremban.

The Lucie Blackman Trust, a foundation supporting families of British citizens who are missing or killed abroad, said a body has been found in the search for 15-year-old Nora.

"At this time, we cannot confirm it is Nora. However it sadly seems likely. Investigations are underway to confirm identity and cause of death," it said in a statement on Tuesday. (Aug 13)

Team searching for missing Irish teen Nora Anne in Malaysia finds human remains

So sad but I'm thankful she was finally found. Rest in peace lovely Nora Anne :(

The DM states: Nora had told her family she was 'excited' to visit a waterfall when she arrived at the resort, a volunteer searcher told MailOnline.

How come this was never mentioned before? Maybe the body was purposely placed near there after the reward announced with the hope it to then seem like she had wandered off - although forensics will hopefully prove if murder rather than accidental death.
I also thought the same. How come they didn’t mention anything about her interest in the waterfall. They should have searched there immediately!

That's what we were thinking. That he saw her body and then she was swept over the waterfall. I'm still not sure that's possible as I haven't found what's at the TOP of the waterfall.

However, this waterfall is simply amazing. It's not a drop off, it's like 7 tiers. Sort of like a really big and dangerous water slide. It's absolutely gorgeous.

The Lata Berembun waterfall in Pahang - Rainforest Journal

There is deep water there as well. This site being about rain forests gives a pretty good overview. Though, it obviously isn't talking about accessing it from the resort.

Discover Raub

This one details the tiers a little bit more and the water at the bottom. There are countless other photos and videos out there. I just picked the two from official websites.

I can't think of very many more beautiful places in the world than this waterfall. Maybe that will bring Nora's parents some level of comfort. It did for me when a family member died at the base of a gorgeous waterfall.

Great article, thanks.

The area where the body has been found is inaccessible to land vehicles. If someone took her there, either on the day she went missing or if they placed her there recently, they've either had to carry a 5'1" teenager a long way in difficult terrain, or she was simply walking there with them.

MOO, I doubt anyone carried her all that way to dispose of the body there, although it's possible. Personally I think it's more likely that someone led her there, which obviously begs the question, who? She is unlikely to go off with strangers, so IMO it has to be someone she's familiar with or at least met before and trusts/likes. I know there's a possibility she walked there by herself but I think because of her coordination and mobility issues it's unlikely. It's over a 1.5 hour walk from the resort.

All MOO, of course.
The area where the body has been found is inaccessible to land vehicles. If someone took her there, either on the day she went missing or if they placed her there recently, they've either had to carry a 5'1" teenager a long way in difficult terrain, or she was simply walking there with them.

MOO, I doubt anyone carried her all that way to dispose of the body there, although it's possible. Personally I think it's more likely that someone led her there, which obviously begs the question, who? She is unlikely to go off with strangers, so IMO it has to be someone she's familiar with or at least met before and trusts/likes. I know there's a possibility she walked there by herself but I think because of her coordination and mobility issues it's unlikely. It's over a 1.5 hour walk from the resort.

All MOO, of course.
I agree with you.

Her poor parents. What an absolute nightmare for them.

My theory is someone who works/worked at the resort saw the booking and knew exactly who would be in that house. Maybe they overheard talk about Nora’s excitement about the waterfall and enticed her to follow them.

Another weird thing. 2kms in the forest on barefeet and without clothes on? Weird!
I don't know how she could have found it on her own, unless there was some sort of path that led straight to it.

ETA, I just read that there was a path leading to it.

It's still odd that she if she left on her own she would not have the foresight to put something on her feet or put clothes on, but would think of propping open the window.

Last edited:
IMO Nora's cause of death and the condition of her feet-soles will give a strong clue as to whether she herself wandered into the jungle or whether another person is responsible for her death.
Yeah, it doesn't make sense. I doubt she would have made it far with no shoes on.
And why go through the window? Why not just go out the front door?

I've always thought that for Nora to have exited via the window something must have caught her attention - a bird, animal etc - and that she was in a hurry to see or follow it. If it had been just to go for a stroll then surely the door would have been easier for her.
SO, with that in mind, what if someone she'd met the day before turns up at the window WITH an animal/bird, gets her to come out and get a better look then says they'll show her more/waterfall etc?
I know it's the typical "hello little girl, do you want to see a puppy", but would Nora have the same awareness as other teens? Just thinking out loud

Yeah, it doesn't make sense. I doubt she would have made it far with no shoes on.
And why go through the window? Why not just go out the front door?
But the window looks like a door and is opposite the staircase. It makes more sense that she would exit via the window than that an abductor would. An abductor would want the easiest option.

Can the family request a post mortem is carried out by a European pathologist?

They have many doctors in Malaysia too. I see no reason why we would fly in a European doctor to answer questions. I’ve seen nothing to suggest an Asian isn’t capable of performing the task. A medical degree is a medical degree regardless of nationality surely

The area where the body has been found is inaccessible to land vehicles. If someone took her there, either on the day she went missing or if they placed her there recently, they've either had to carry a 5'1" teenager a long way in difficult terrain, or she was simply walking

All MOO, of course.

On google maps it said 23mins walk using info posted by another poster earlier today. Can I post a screenshot?

Last edited:
But the window looks like a door and is opposite the staircase. It makes more sense that she would exit via the window than that an abductor would. An abductor would want the easiest option.
Plus, with the window already open rather than a door lock making noise and waking people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53