Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think the white we are seeing could possibly be a scarf. A witness described BG was wearing a scarf. - - Please don't ask for a link as it has been posted several times over the past 2 years.
Have you a link? :)

(ETA. JK. I think it is mentioned in GH's Derrick's path IIRC. Link to his channel in post 1 on every thread.)

Last edited:
Have you a link? :)

(ETA. JK. I think it is mentioned in GH's Derrick's path IIRC. Link to his channel in post 1 on every thread.)

I know you guys are kidding around but I found a MSM link from very early on which mentions a scarf (but not a witness).

Police are seeking help identifying a subject in a photo they released. The subject — who was wearing a dark blue jacket, jeans, hat and scarf — was walking the Delphi trail system at the time the girls disappeared, according to police.

Delphi teens: What we know this weekend

bbm

I still think the white we are seeing could possibly be a scarf. A witness described BG was wearing a scarf. - - Please don't ask for a link as it has been posted several times over the past 2 years.

I'll back you up. I posted the same thing around the same time you did. Someone DID describe a man in a scarf. It was referenced more than once. A problem with some of these facts is that the articles at the links no longer exist IF you can even find them at all.

Margarita25! So glad YOU are here! I know this case has taken a toll and I believe you had to take a break from it in the past but glad to see you are still on board here keeping the girls' case front and center.

You know, I have wondered about mtnlites' "president of imaginary friends club" and what it means. Very interesting, to me, how Internet and SM has changed our lives, how we communicate socialize, share thoughts with others who are just out...there...some... where.

I think the human element refers to DNA but have to admit I am an optimist and have great faith in ISP Doug Carter.

Wonder if BG has a connection to the Wabash Conf Center where last PC was held. Works there or near there? Lives nearby? Was BG in a room full of coworkers watching the PC from another place? Did they hold PC at Wabash to see if BG would show up given that in past many gatherings were at the church, to see if he would be drawn out? Is BG a peripheral family member who would be expected to attend last PC but did not? Did BG watch last PC in a room full of people at jail or other correctional facility? Did any church groups or local groups watch the PC together and was BG among them? Were kids in school that day after Easter? Does Easter have anything to do with this, a family gathering where BG would be at the table?

So many questions. I have way too many POIs with the sparse details we have been given.

Good post. I wonder if where the pc was held was a deliberate choice, a pointed message to the perp so to say.

Does anyone know if any other schools in the area had a snow day the day of the murders?

BBM

I am not convinced that he hasn't been identified. I think there's a very good chance that someone HAS identified BG and either hasn't called the tip in, called it in and it got lost in the shuffle or someone didn't take it seriously enough to investigate, or it was investigated but was pushed aside for whatever reason (guy had a solid alibi, DNA didn't match, etc).

As I posted the other day, the public identified the guy in the sketch (as well as the vehicle) in the Shauna Howe case and LE even considered 3 different men as POIs on different occasion. Two were thrown out, however, because they were in jail the day of the crime and the third, the one identified in the sketch, didn't match the DNA. Twelve years later and they're arresting all 3: the DNA didn't match the sketch guy but it matched the two brothers-brothers who HAD been in jail that same day but had bonded out just a few hours before the crime was committed. LE never took their DNA to match it and nobody thought to look and make sure that they were incarcerated the whole day. That's a good example
The BG pic didn't change though. We just have to consider him as a young looking middle aged guy rather than a 50-60 year old. Everyone is having to rethink their tips - that could be a lot of new tips. Wish we had an update on how many they have had since April PC.

Last edited:
I know you guys are kidding around but I found a MSM link from very early on which mentions a scarf (but not a witness).

Delphi teens: What we know this weekend

bbm

Wow totally missed that from early on too 19Feb2017. I wonder if this is from the same witness who saw him as YBG?

Thanks for finding that.

I can't tell one way or the other.

Neither do I. It's a white thingy-ma-bob to me. It actually wouldn't surprise me to learn that it's not even white, that it has white undertones with black lines or something but because we're judging it from a distance both the shape and color are warped. It happens.

Since the last two press conferences I saw were heavily scripted (as they should be) with bullet points and statements, there was some reason for the two (what I call odd) comments:

1) "Who may be in the room." - Was this just a way of saying that this person (hiding in clear sight), they have no idea who they are but they know they are following the case and may be even sending taunting notes to LE? LE seems more angry to me than just frustrated. Angry that the person is clearly following the case? and sending answers perhaps to LE from previous press conferences to answer questions. Just a guess.

I've pondered what i bolded in your comment, in recent times. I think there's a possibility that's what Carter meant about the killer wanting to know details of the investigation about the case. Other killers have taunted LE, BTK, GSK, etc. It could be along the lines of "hey, what did they find at the CS?", or a more taunting, "hey, did you guys find what I left you at the CS?".

2) "Hiding in plain sight". This to me is an indication that the person is blending right back into their regular job after this crime. Someone that hides in plain sight could be someone who is manipulative and cunning. Other than throwing away the jacket and pants, someone who did not get their hair cut, grow a beard, or anything else to disguise their appearance, thus not alarms set off with people around him. He might be a chuckling good actor who maybe laughs at someone saying "where were you on Feb 14th?" This is possibly someone you would never think would kill two girls like that. The other thing that popped into my mind is this is a person with a very good alibi who they can't link to the crime scene because they didn't get good enough DNA from the crime scene.

Good points.

-FD

Being also a professional photographer, I think it is guess work at best for us to try to assign some identity to any section of a blurry image. As human beings, this is normal for us to make patterns where there are no patterns. As humans throughout hundreds of thousands of years of evolution and history, we survived largely in part by detecting dangerous patterns in the wild: a lion waiting to pounce in the bush is an example. It's called Pareidolia and we all want to do it. The ones that were quick to pick out a pattern, even if they were wrong, and flee the scene... got to pass on those genes to the next generation. If you were dumb and unable to "see" the danger, you died. You did not get to pass on your poor pattern recognition genes.

IMHO, the white bold blotch below his face could just as easily be a white shirt simply over-reflecting the light due to everything else being darker. That photographically is called being "blown out".. It could also be a horse collar, or smoke, or a white handkerchief, or a white tube sock, or a big patch of chalk that got on his shirt... the list is endless in my opinion. When it is blurry, people want to figure out a pattern. Sort of like how all UFO, bigfoot and Nessie photos and video are blurry. Only when they are blurry, does your imagination run wild. When a photo of those is clear and in focus, nobody spends time on it.. there's no pattern to figure out. In this case, when it is clear and in focus, everyone knows that it's a plane, bear or log floating in the water in those three cases above.

I am not preaching to you here. I'm a human too and have the same tendencies.

I just don't think it's a good use of time to speculate on something like a part of a blurry photo that is COMPLETELY SUBJECTIVE.

That's all. thanks. I do come back here from time to time to see if there is any relevant news on the case. Great site.

Thanks for bringing it up, again. I think I "see" something there, but it's pure speculation on my part.

-FD

I doubt that anyone thought it would take this long at the beginning of the investigation. I think detectives need to start doing some guessing because waiting for factual evidence to find this person and link them to the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German may take some time.

There is some information that you can take away from the past 2 and a half years. First, no one has been able to identify the bridge guy suspect. Second, no one seems to know where he parked his vehicle.

I am going to make my complete guess that if you consider this case could be linked to the Evansdale, Iowa murder case, then it would seem the killer is moving east. So maybe this killer is smart enough not to kill in the same area where he lives? And the fact that no one has been able to identify the killer's vehicle is also interesting. Maybe the killer is smart enough to realize that license plates give people an idea of where you are from?

So my complete guess would be that this killer is probably transient and lives in a state west of Evansdale, Iowa. I know that leaves a lot of possibilities. So in order to solve this case, it could take a while.

Whether or not the two sets of crimes are related is speculative in nature.

One thing that does stick out to me about the Iowa case is LE waited 9 months to release a vehicle description. LE have not done the same for the Delphi case, however at least one witness has come forward with a vehicle description. The Iowa LE folks waited because a 'rule' of theirs is to wait until 3 people come forward with similar vehicle descriptions, or at least that's how it was explained by them.

Another factor is LE are relying on witnesses to come forward. People often times are afraid to come forward with information.

Far as location of where this BG might live, he could be from fairly close to far from Delphi. My hunch is close enough to surveil his zone of attack, prior to putting his crimes in motion. Far enough away to where no one he comes across would recognize him.

Another hunch of mine is he was home for supper that night, like nothing much happened in his life. Waiting for the breaking story to eventually hit the news and scare the daylights out of people.

JMO

-FD

Hinky meter off the charts: A few weeks ago, I watched a youtube video that cannot be linked here. It features three people walking the Monon High Bridge and discussing the case. One of the young males looks so much like the new sketch that I actually emailed in the tip. I know we can't sleuth this person and I wouldn't really even know how (not that tech savvy) and just have a first name anyway. When asked how many times he's been to/across the bridge by the other guy, he says "Fou....three." Three, huh. Something about him makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Anyone know which video I'm talking about? Sorry I have to be vague. And sorry if this post has to be deleted, I'm new.

BBM

I am not convinced that he hasn't been identified. I think there's a very good chance that someone HAS identified BG and either hasn't called the tip in, called it in and it got lost in the shuffle or someone didn't take it seriously enough to investigate, or it was investigated but was pushed aside for whatever reason (guy had a solid alibi, DNA didn't match, etc).

As I posted the other day, the public identified the guy in the sketch (as well as the vehicle) in the Shauna Howe case and LE even considered 3 different men as POIs on different occasion. Two were thrown out, however, because they were in jail the day of the crime and the third, the one identified in the sketch, didn't match the DNA. Twelve years later and they're arresting all 3: the DNA didn't match the sketch guy but it matched the two brothers-brothers who HAD been in jail that same day but had bonded out just a few hours before the crime was committed. LE never took their DNA to match it and nobody thought to look and make sure that they were incarcerated the whole day. That's a good example of an alibi that seems rock solid at face value, but isn't quite what it looks.

And then there are the sketches. It's no wonder they haven't had an arrest yet-for 2 years the public was looking for a completely different person.
I've said it before that with the massive volume of tips that in itself has probably created the haystack hiding the needle. Add to that the fact the original task force had approximately 100 or so staff, some of which may have been less experienced investigators from other Indiana cities and counties. One would hope they left good notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa