Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll have to speculate on the intensity of the interrogation. I believe he had a lawyer pretty quickly.

so wait, do you think the other 2 guys are involved and DS is (still) protecting them from whatever it is that (may have) happened that night? why would he do this? they are just some dudes he works with? serious question, i can't come up with any reason that he would (continue) to protect them unless there is something else we don't know about that would be even worse for him if he talks?

I am not trying to convince anyone that DS is not guilty of murder. He probably is. I am just surprised that so many are sure with what I feel is not enough evidence. Just trying to explain why I am not convinced.

I understand what you’re saying. I don’t think anyone is really sure of what happened up to this point. What we have been told, doesn’t look good. When Savannah’s aunt, Marie, commented a few days ago she had mentioned being really careful about what she says. Even going so far as contacting investigators to make sure she isn’t giving too much information. This makes me think that there is a lot that will unfold and come out at some point. I know emotions and bias come in to play when family is involved but if she feels as though Savannah was murdered from the information she’s been provided, I believe her. I think the grand jury being pushed back, coupled with bond still not being offered, will probably end with more charges other than the two he has. That’s just where I’m coming from.

I knew what you meant tbh, what's the max prison term? I'm not from the US.

It kind of depends. It was recently changed to a felony is Ky, but it was done within weeks of her body being found. Nobody has been able to find out for sure if he’s being charged with the misdemeanor or the felony. Technically, if he buried her early on then it was a misdemeanor at the time he committed the crime. However, when they found her, the new law had taken affect.

I wouldn't buy his story without proof. Hypothetical. What if she died because of something one or all three of them did. The two who didn't live there said its your house take care of the problem. My guess is that all three men had been drinking & not thinking straight. Do I think this is what happened? No, but I need it ruled out.
How could it be "hypothetical" if that's what he said happened? According to his statement she was alive after the other men left.
Would he have been so forthcoming if the other men were responsible?
Why sacrifice himself if the other men contributed to her death? Would he really be willing to take the blame or would he be more willing to look out for himself?

Typically, if you commit a crime that’s been upgraded to a felony at a later date, and the crime is a misdemeanor on the date it was committed, you get hit for the misdemeanor. What I haven’t been able to find, is if abuse of corpse applies to the day it occurred or if it’s the whole duration of her being buried...if that makes sense?

It kind of depends. It was recently changed to a felony is Ky, but it was done within weeks of her body being found. Nobody has been able to find out for sure if he’s being charged with the misdemeanor or the felony. Technically, if he buried her early on then it was a misdemeanor at the time he committed the crime. However, when they found her, the new law had taken affect.

Let's hope they go with when they found her then still. :(

so wait, do you think the other 2 guys are involved and DS is (still) protecting them from whatever it is that (may have) happened that night? why would he do this? they are just some dudes he works with? serious question, i can't come up with any reason that he would (continue) to protect them unless there is something else we don't know about that would be even worse for him if he talks?
If all three were involved in her death, why would he implicate them & himself if he hasn't been charged?

I understand what you’re saying. I don’t think anyone is really sure of what happened up to this point. What we have been told, doesn’t look good. When Savannah’s aunt, Marie, commented a few days ago she had mentioned being really careful about what she says. Even going so far as contacting investigators to make sure she isn’t giving too much information. This makes me think that there is a lot that will unfold and come out at some point. I know emotions and bias come in to play when family is involved but if she feels as though Savannah was murdered from the information she’s been provided, I believe her. I think the grand jury being pushed back, coupled with bond still not being offered, will probably end with more charges other than the two he has. That’s just where I’m coming from.
I got the same impression from her. It did more to make me lean toward DS being guilty than listening to posters say what a bad person he is.

How could it be "hypothetical" if that's what he said happened? According to his statement she was alive after the other men left.
Would he have been so forthcoming if the other men were responsible?
Why sacrifice himself if the other men contributed to her death? Would he really be willing to take the blame or would he be more willing to look out for himself?
My example was the hypothetical.

If all three were involved in her death, why would he implicate them & himself if he hasn't been charged?
If DS had implicated himself and others in her death, that would mean he confessed to causing her death. Don't you think if DS confessed he would be charged with more charges than he currently is?

JMO

Hi folks,

I have gone back and edited my posts where I incorrectly stated there was blood on the rug / carpet. I've also removed all subsequent posts referencing/questioning the error.

My sincere apologies for any confusion that error caused.

I apologize if this has already been discussed. But what happened on 8/14 when GJ was supposed to have met? I’m going to assume it didn’t happen since I can’t seem to find the info. Do we know yet when the GJ will meet? When he will be arraigned? When the new judge is supposed to determine if he gets bond? Anything scheduled yet on the docket? I know the justice system is a long process but he’s been incarcerated now for over a month and still not arraigned? That seems unusual no?

If DS had implicated himself and others in her death, that would mean he confessed to causing her death. Don't you think if DS confessed he would be charged with more charges than he currently is?

JMO

Morning all.

Yes, and he will be charged with additional charges. Imo.

The two charges against him now is to make sure he goes no where until LE can compile more evidence to be presented to the GJ.

The DA/LEs in many jurisdictions all across our country are using this same tactic quite often now.

Imo, that is why the judge has ruled he be held. The judge already knows much more serious charges are coming.

I remember in the Guy Heinz Jr. mass murder case, LE first arrested him on possession of illegally obtained drugs.

Lol! They even let him bond out, only to meet him on the jail steps when he came out...to arrest him for murdering 8 of his family members. His freedom lasted a few minutes at most before immediately being arrested again.

DS isnt going anywhere either. Now there are a few states where the judge must set bond even for murderers. Usually the judge sets the bail amount extremely high or even states it must be a cash only bond. I dont know how KY does it. They very well could be a state who allows the presiding judge to set no bail for murder defendants if the degree is first degree.

LE is very well aware DS lied in his interview. Savannah did not leave on her own free will. They know he lied because he had something to hide.

LE will completely tear all of his lies apart, one by one. The evidence uncovered in the ongoing investigation will show why he lied, and covered up his evil deeds.

Savannah had nothing to do with the reason she wound up dead, and buried on DSs parents property where he put her hoping she wouldn't ever be located. The man who purposefully hid her is the reason Savannah is dead. DS. Imo, even he knows it's just a matter of time before the judicial shoe drops. Hes not going to get away with anything. It's only going to get worse for him, rightfully so.

As an aside.

Someone mentioned they think DS may be innocent based on because he worked, and never had done anything violent before Savannah. That is not an indicator of anything of who will murder, and who will not, and never will be.

Over the years many cases of brutal heinous murders discussed here have been done by lawyers, doctors, NASA scientist, millionaires, etc. who didn't even have as much as a traffic ticket, yet it did not stop any one of them from doing the most barbaric homicides imaginable.

The wheels justice turns slowly at times for it's far better to take time compiling a strong case than rushing.

Savannah, and her family will get justice for what was done to her.

I have no doubt additional very serious charges are coming. Imo.

Jmhoo

Hi folks,

I have gone back and edited my posts where I incorrectly stated there was blood on the rug / carpet. I've also removed all subsequent posts referencing/questioning the error.

My sincere apologies for any confusion that error caused.

I think it is still yet to be seen what evidence is on the rug. One of our local searchers that was at the hearing said that the picture of the rug seemed to indicate staining of some kind. She speculates blood, but that is just speculation at this point.

In terms of the Grand Jury meeting, we were told that they have 60 days from the preliminary hearing to meet on his current charges. The hearing was July 15. That would be mid-September deadline.

I think it is still yet to be seen what evidence is on the rug. One of our local searchers that was at the hearing said that the picture of the rug seemed to indicate staining of some kind. She speculates blood, but that is just speculation at this point.

In terms of the Grand Jury meeting, we were told that they have 60 days from the preliminary hearing to meet on his current charges. The hearing was July 15. That would be mid-September deadline.
I just want to say thank you for continuing to follow and answer any of our questions u can. I’m sure that can’t be easy at this time. Warm hugs to you from Virginia.

Morning all.

Yes, and he will be charged with additional charges. Imo.

The two charges against him now is to make sure he goes no where until LE can compile more evidence to be presented to the GJ.

The DA/LEs in many jurisdictions all across our country are using this same tactic quite often now.

Imo, that is why the judge has ruled he be held. The judge already knows much more serious charges are coming.

I remember in the Guy Heinz Jr. mass murder case, LE first arrested him on possession of illegally obtained drugs.

Lol! They even let him bond out, only to meet him on the jail steps when he came out...to arrest him for murdering 8 of his family members. His freedom lasted a few minutes at most before immediately being arrested again.

DS isnt going anywhere either. Now there are a few states where the judge must set bond even for murderers. Usually the judge sets the bail amount extremely high or even states it must be a cash only bond. I dont know how KY does it. They very well could be a state who allows the presiding judge to set no bail for murder defendants if the degree is first degree.

LE is very well aware DS lied in his interview. Savannah did not leave on her own free will. They know he lied because he had something to hide.

LE will completely tear all of his lies apart, one by one. The evidence uncovered in the ongoing investigation will show why he lied, and covered up his evil deeds.

Savannah had nothing to do with the reason she wound up dead, and buried on DSs parents property where he put her hoping she wouldn't ever be located. The man who purposefully hid her is the reason Savannah is dead. DS. Imo, even he knows it's just a matter of time before the judicial shoe drops. Hes not going to get away with anything. It's only going to get worse for him, rightfully so.

As an aside.

Someone mentioned they think DS may be innocent based on because he worked, and never had done anything violent before Savannah. That is not an indicator of anything of who will murder, and who will not, and never will be.

Over the years many cases of brutal heinous murders discussed here have been done by lawyers, doctors, NASA scientist, millionaires, etc. who didn't even have as much as a traffic ticket, yet it did not stop any one of them from doing the most barbaric homicides imaginable.

The wheels justice turns slowly at times for it's far better to take time compiling a strong case than rushing.

Savannah, and her family will get justice for what was done to her.

I have no doubt additional very serious charges are coming. Imo.

Jmhoo
BBM

Help me to understand this.

Is it your opinion that at this time, LE and the prosecution doesn't have enough evidence to present their case to the GJ and the hearing was delayed in order to give them more time to collect evidence or did you actually read that somewhere?

So many following Savannah's case have been long time followers of cases like this one. So it's odd to me to see some think the DA will not be able to prove guilt in this case.

This is not the only case where these same circumstances happened. There have been several cases sadly where a woman left a bar with someone, then went missing, and months later their remains were found.

In some of those cases the condition of the victim's remains could not determine how they were murdered. Yet, none of that prevented the murderer from being arrested, charged, and convicted.

Imo, so even if the ME cant determine what caused her murder it will not prevent justice from being served.

Although I suspect she was in better condition than we may think since they were able to ID Savannah by her tattoo.

Imo, DS will be charged with killing Savannah. The DA will build this case on an overwhelming amount of weighty CE.

CE cases are the least likely cases to ever be overturned on appeal. The USSC has long took the position that CE is powerful evidence, and even more so than direct evidence cases.

I have no doubt the police will be able to link all of the evidence together showing DS killed Savannah then tried to cover it up just like countless other murderers have tried to do.

Jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member